Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:44:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Erik Voorhees favors NXT  (Read 10026 times)
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:35:38 PM

P.S why would you invest in scams or recommend anyone else to do so? I agree people should stay away from most of the assets. Just do you research, look at longevity so far, how the issuer has behaved, consistency of dividends etc etc and make your decisions. There are some solid assets out there that consistently deliver. There was a vote of the most highly regarded assets... I'll try to find it.

Edit: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(vote)-what-are-the-top-5-most-promising-assets-to-hodl-for-the-long-term

Top 5 Nxt assets by community vote (%):

Supernet (18.1%)
Jinn (9%)
JL777Hodl (7.7%)
NxtVenture (6.3%)
Instantdex (5.3%
MMNxt/Debune (joint 5th with 5.1%)
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:43:28 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 03:55:13 PM by inBitweTrust

So you allow BTC > NXT, or BTC > XCP as giving you access to all the market assets.

But Nxt has to stay 'trapped' because you won't accept Nxt > BTC, or Nxt > XCP or even Nxt > [Hidden BTC] > any other crypto to buy assets? But you will allow the same when talking about BTC. Is this hypocrisy or just being disingenuous?

Of course I could exchange NxT for BTC on an exchange than buy counterparty assets. The point is that with bitcoin it is easier because there are less fees and it is simply one step.

Any claim for one crypto can be made for all. BTC has nothing in the same category as Nxt's Asset Exchange, except maybe Nxt's Asset Exchange  Cheesy

Moving the goal posts I see. First it was claimed that Bitcoin has no decentralized asset exchanges. Now when I have cited multiple examples it is claimed that those don't count because they aren't as good "quality" of an exchange or that nxt gets exchanged behind the scenes indirectly.

The point is that decentralized asset exchanges already exist in some altcoins. This is at least one feature where Bitcoin sux.

Show me Bitcoin decentralized asset exchange then.

No asset exchange?

Both Nxt and all of Nxt assets are highly speculative and dangerous. I can barely recommend Bitcoin to friends and family let alone tell them to invest in this shit which is an order of magnitude more dangerous.

Top 5 Nxt assets by community vote (%):

Supernet (18.1%)
Jinn (9%)
JL777Hodl (7.7%)
NxtVenture (6.3%)
Instantdex (5.3%
MMNxt/Debune (joint 5th with 5.1%)

But, sure, I agree, not all Nxt Assets are outright scams , the ones that aren't are very dangerous speculative instruments that most people should avoid.

achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:58:54 PM

Of course I could exchange NxT for BTC on an exchange than buy counterparty assets. The point is that with bitcoin it is easier because their is less fees and it is simply one step.

Who would have thought that you cherrypick the case where you want to buy a bitcoin exclusive asset with Nxt!  Cheesy

Your case: NXT -> BTC -> BTC exclusive asset
You "forgot" to do the same for the opposite:
BTC -> NXT -> Nxt exclusive asset

Please tell me how bitcoin is simpler and costs less fees in this case
Daedelus

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:59:42 PM

Moving the goal posts I see. First it was claimed that Bitcoin has no decentralized asset exchanges. Now when I have cited multiple dead, unlaunched or otherwise unusable examples it is claimed legitimately pointed out that those don't count because they aren't as good quality [surprise surprise!  Cheesy ] of an exchange or that nxt gets exchanged behind the scenes indirectly [and this is "bitcoin's decentralised exchange" you refer to?].

I think we are done here, there are only so many ways I can show you are not fighting fair. You raised an additional topic of cost, but this are exactly what you encounter when using secureae! You pay BTC and Nxt fees + part spread in the trade, as you would if you converted Nxt to Mastercoin to use their exchange. They are exactly the same example Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy These are considerations outside whether BTC has a decentalized exchange or not.

Bitcoin has no decentralized exchange of its own, it only piggy backs on the single successful one (Nxt) and the rest you listed are unlaunched or no volume > Unusable and a waste of time mentioning. I would be interested to hear others take on your claims of "I can exchange BTC for Nxt, therefore that exchange is bitcoin's decentralized exchange". It is incredibly bizarre to me. Then Nxt Asset Exchange is also Counterparty's decentralized exchange and vice versa.
Daedelus

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:00:01 PM

Of course I could exchange NxT for BTC on an exchange than buy counterparty assets. The point is that with bitcoin it is easier because their is less fees and it is simply one step.

Who would have thought that you cherrypick the case where you want to buy a bitcoin exclusive asset with Nxt!  Cheesy

You are wasting your breath  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:01:17 PM

Both Nxt and all of Nxt assets are highly speculative and dangerous.

And this is not true for bitcoin because...?
inBitweTrust

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:05:21 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 04:17:57 PM by inBitweTrust

Who would have thought that you cherrypick the case where you want to buy a bitcoin exclusive asset with Nxt!  Cheesy

With http://www.secureae.com the BTC gets exchanged without me having to manually complete this step on a seperate exchange. The same cannot be claimed for Nxt if I wanted to buy counterparty assets.

And this is not true for bitcoin because...?

As I have already claimed I can barely recommend Bitcoin as well. Bitcoin is still very risky, although orders of magnitude more secure than Nxt, let alone Nxt securities and assets...

Are you that delusional to not acknowledge the gap of acceptance by governments, companies, developers and users between Nxt and Bitcoin? There is an incomparable gulf dividing the two.

Bitcoin has no decentralized exchange of its own, it only piggy backs on the single successful one (Nxt) and the rest you listed are unlaunched or no volume > Unusable and a waste of time mentioning.

I see plenty of transactions occurring on counterpartys exchange.
https://blockscan.com/tx

Keep in mind we are only discussing decentralized exchanges too. The fact is even if we ignore "secureae" bitcoin has an order of magnitude more volume in assets being exchanged on centralized exchanges.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:19:03 PM

I see plenty of transactions occurring on counterpartys exchange.
https://blockscan.com/tx

Keep in mind we are only discussing decentralized exchanges too. The fact is even if we ignore "secureae" bitcoin has an order of magnitude more volume in assets being exchanged on centralized exchanges.

You really don't trade much do you.

The Counterparty exchange has basically ZERO volume...
It's top token SCJX traded $35 worth in the last 24 hours...
All those "plenty of tx" you see are tx happening on central exchanges like Polo, etc

Also, SecureAE is just a CENTRALIZED WRAPPER around the Nxt AE...
Where they add some convenience and then make YOU PAY FOR IT...
So people like you who DO NOT TRADE pay fees, exchange rates and bid/ask spreads...
And all that volume SecureAE shows is happening on the Nxt AE... not on the "wrapper" web site.

So we are back to the Nxt AE = only successful decentralized exchange with good volume...
It's actually quite a miracle it exists... because no Govt or villain can take down > 1,000 nodes.

Do you realize that you're still talking about the Decentralized Exchange launched 9 months ago...
Which is, like, about 100 years ago in Crypto Space time.

Meanwhile, NXT is about a week away from releasing Version 1.5 which supports plug-ins...
With plug-ins and decentralized storage like Storj or a future NXT Storage Manager...
The NXT toolbox will allow people to build a completely 100% decentralized business...
Or even a 100% decentralized internet on top of the NXT platform (yes yes, baby).

Ya man, that's right...
While BitCloud has gone out of business...
And MaidSafe has been spinning their wheels for 6 years...
And Etherium burns through millions in cash building Frankenstein...
NXT Devs just quietly get it done... and have leapfrogged everyone with an elegant, simple platform...
(But please keep this to yourself, The NXT Grand Vision is a well kept secret for now).
inBitweTrust

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:38:58 PM

I agree that I do not purchase many assets, and suggest others avoid this as well. Day trading bitcoin is a good way to lose your investment, and doing this with NxT securities or assets is absolutely insane. The only ones likely to profit off of such endeavor are the ones creating the assets or have inside information and dump their risky investments on later investors.  

There are other decentralized projects Bitcoin has which are more exciting like lighthouse and open bazaar, but I suppose those projects don't interest you much because they aren't a vehicle to inflate your investments directly or indirectly with NxT.

I have looked at the performance of all the top 50 nxt assets and almost every single one has performed poorly with only a couple exceptions - http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/supernet-unity/#charts  SuperNet is only slightly lower than its initial start.

I would recommend others to take a look at the year to date charts of all other NxT assets and Nxt as well. Nxt is dying even compared to bitcoins capitulation.
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nxt/

Check the YTD and keep in mind the price is in BTC and therefore this chart reflects NXT wasting away in comparison to BTC. Nxt is diluting their currency by pumping a lot of assets, most of which are scams. What do you think this will do to NxT's reputation within the userbase when most of these scams pop or dissolve to nothing? Instead of focusing on merchant acceptance for real goods and services(Nxt practically has none) the NxT community is focused on pumping digital assets which serve little to no purpose. This is the wrong direction and will ultimately further solidify NxT's demise.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:25:24 PM

There are other decentralized projects Bitcoin has which are more exciting like lighthouse and open bazaar, but I suppose those projects don't interest you much because they aren't a vehicle to inflate your investments directly or indirectly with NxT.

I could pick away your entire argument, but what I find most amazing is that you think "open bazaar is exciting" when you have to leave your client running 24/7/365 for your listing to remain active.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 09:07:33 PM

So you allow BTC > NXT, or BTC > XCP as giving you access to all the market assets.

But Nxt has to stay 'trapped' because you won't accept Nxt > BTC, or Nxt > XCP or even Nxt > [Hidden BTC] > any other crypto to buy assets? But you will allow the same when talking about BTC. Is this hypocrisy or just being disingenuous?

Nothing needs refuting. If crypto x has a BTC pair, then there is no reason you can't claim it has all the options available to it as BTC does so your definition makes the whole discussion pointless. Any claim for one crypto can be made for all. BTC has nothing in the same category as Nxt's Asset Exchange, except maybe Nxt's Asset Exchange  Cheesy

If you want to make Bitcoin appear great by piggy backing on the backs of the alts it hates so much, be my guest. But you know this isn't what NZMiner meant when he said BTC had no decentralized exchange. It doesn't. Only in the sense that "BTC can be exchanged for everything so has access to every asset" you are trying on might it stick. But any crypto with a BTC pair can make the same claim.

The fact is Nxt AE is in a category of it's own right now, even supported by BTC when it is piggy backing on top of it.

Very well put!
 Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
ExtremeFacials.com

Activity: 190
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:40:16 AM

The Counterparty exchange has basically ZERO volume...
It's top token SCJX traded $35 worth in the last 24 hours...
All those "plenty of tx" you see are tx happening on central exchanges like Polo, etc

Also, SecureAE is just a CENTRALIZED WRAPPER around the Nxt AE...
Where they add some convenience and then make YOU PAY FOR IT...
So people like you who DO NOT TRADE pay fees, exchange rates and bid/ask spreads...
And all that volume SecureAE shows is happening on the Nxt AE... not on the "wrapper" web site.

So we are back to the Nxt AE = only successful decentralized exchange with good volume...
It's actually quite a miracle it exists... because no Govt or villain can take down > 1,000 nodes.

Do you realize that you're still talking about the Decentralized Exchange launched 9 months ago...
Which is, like, about 100 years ago in Crypto Space time.

Meanwhile, NXT is about a week away from releasing Version 1.5 which supports plug-ins...
With plug-ins and decentralized storage like Storj or a future NXT Storage Manager...
The NXT toolbox will allow people to build a completely 100% decentralized business...
Or even a 100% decentralized internet on top of the NXT platform (yes yes, baby).

Ya man, that's right...
While BitCloud has gone out of business...
And MaidSafe has been spinning their wheels for 6 years...
And Etherium burns through millions in cash building Frankenstein...
NXT Devs just quietly get it done... and have leapfrogged everyone with an elegant, simple platform...
(But please keep this to yourself, The NXT Grand Vision is a well kept secret for now).

Your post made by cream my shorts!! I love NXT Smiley
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 12:19:44 PM

seven point frigging six billion euros:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypo_Group_Alpe_Adria
http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2014/08/28/the-hypo-alpe-adria-bank-mess-at-a-glance/

Heres the full story (in German, seems like most English media are lagging/ignoring this one)):
http://orf.at/stories/2267206/2267207/

banks, tjah.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
box0211

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:58:25 PM

can u summarize what the fuss is about?
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:52:05 AM

NXT bagholders who bought in at $80+ million, NXT is now $13 million and never going back up and bagholders have low blood sugar and are upset.  NxT in a nutshell.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:39:06 AM

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:11:15 AM

NXT bagholders who bought in at $80+ million, NXT is now $13 million and never going back up and bagholders have low blood sugar and are upset.  NxT in a nutshell.

You know UtopianFuture... if you weren't such a jealous assh*le who lied and scammed a bunch of people out of their BTC and NXT with that ridiculous scam called NEM, you might be a decent guy.  You tried to steal the ideology behind NXT, but you failed because your true intention wasn't to liberate your fellow man but instead to make as much BTC and NXT as you could for yourself because you were jealous at those who legitimately made money.  NEM will always be a joke and you will always be a fraud because of your actions.  How do you feel knowing that you made your money off lying to individuals?  Don't expect me not to say anything to you just because you're beating up on Bitshares with the rest of us.  Bitshares deserves to be called out for their actions, but so do you.

If you think NXT isn't going to go up, then why were you scamming people for it?  Who knows how many of those NEM stakes you have... probably hundreds.  Pathetic.

And don't even try to claim you're not UtopianFuture.  I don't need a speech analysis report to tell me who you really are.  Save it for someone who will believe it.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:31:53 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 07:27:52 AM by TaunSew

You know UtopianFuture... if you weren't such a jealous assh*le who lied and scammed a bunch of people out of their BTC and NXT with that ridiculous scam called NEM, you might be a decent guy.  You tried to steal the ideology behind NXT, but you failed because your true intention wasn't to liberate your fellow man but instead to make as much BTC and NXT as you could for yourself because you were jealous at those who legitimately made money.  NEM will always be a joke and you will always be a fraud because of your actions.  How do you feel knowing that you made your money off lying to individuals?  Don't expect me not to say anything to you just because you're beating up on Bitshares with the rest of us.  Bitshares deserves to be called out for their actions, but so do you.

If you think NXT isn't going to go up, then why were you scamming people for it?  Who knows how many of those NEM stakes you have... probably hundreds.  Pathetic.

And don't even try to claim you're not UtopianFuture.  I don't need a speech analysis report to tell me who you really are.  Save it for someone who will believe it.

Not UtopianFuture and there's other speech analysis and additional forensic evidence to prove I am not him.  You guys are beating the bush and think that by associating me with NEM that it'll harm NEM and some think that'll make NXT go back up to $80.  NXT went down because of all the inside jobs and thefts (see Jeff Garzik and other reputable and trustable public figures vs. NXT's completely anonymous characters)

Here's a food for thought - NEM itself has sold for 99,999 NXT just weeks ago in February 2015 when it first entered the asset exchange around 30,000 NXT in August 2014.  It's NXT which has lost all its' value.

You guys all know my main BTC / NXT wallets, nothing huge going into them

All the fund raised BTC / NXT went to the core development team

NEM has gone through like 3 to 4 waves of sock analysis

https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=1726.msg56183#msg56183

Go message UF yourself

I have yet to ever ever come across anybody who claimed they were scammed by UF.  Scammed of what?  UF didn't keep the fundraised amounts and he was probably outted by all the sock analysis.

My earlier point still stands

Eat it up

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:35:15 AM

Nope, I missed that. Could you please provide a link to the source or post the list here?
I would like to follow you as well. Thanks.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:17:27 AM

Not UtopianFuture and there's other speech analysis and additional forensic evidence to prove I am not him.  You guys are beating the bush and think that by associating me with NEM that it'll harm NEM and some think that'll make NXT go back up to $80.  NXT went down because of all the inside jobs and thefts (see Jeff Garzik and other reputable and trustable public figures vs. NXT's completely anonymous characters)

Here's a food for thought - NEM itself has sold for 99,999 NXT just weeks ago in February 2015 when it first entered the asset exchange around 30,000 NXT in August 2014.  It's NXT which has lost all its' value.

All the fund raised BTC / NXT went to the core development team

NEM has gone through like 3 to 4 waves of sock analysis

https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=1726.msg56183#msg56183

Go message UF yourself

I have yet to ever ever come across anybody who claimed they were scammed by UF.  Scammed of what?  UF didn't keep the fundraised amounts and he was probably outted by all the sock analysis.

You know what I'm talking about... Scammed of their BTC and NXT.  What happened to "all NEM stakes are going to be given away for free"?  Pfff... please... You claimed a bajillion free stakes and then changed the rules and started charging people for a stake.  Even if all the money raised was given to the development team, you effectively got free development because you didn't pay a single satoshi for your stakes.

There are scammers involved with all cryptocurrencies.  I'm talking about the original coin itself, NEM, was started as a scam because you were jealous.  Do you honestly expect anybody to believe that the ones in charge of sockpuppet removal aren't as crooked as the one who started the scam?  Give it a rest.  NEM is a joke and you are the one that made it that way.  You're awfully defensive of UF for someone who isn't him.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: