Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:12:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To receive coin  (Read 1804 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 02:33:34 AM

I've been searching/reading about the easiest way to buy bitcoins. I setup a blockchain account, bitinstant account, dwolla account and well a couple other accounts also. By using these available services which process would you recommend I use to get some btc? I'm trying to avoid the highest fees and all that. I have added a bank account to my dwolla account but haven't moved any further until I found out a little more. I know there are other people out there that have probably used every service under the sun, that's why I'm asking here. It also seems every online  service and exchange give you an address to use. Not everyone uses all these addresses, right? I mean you consolidate to some extent and  don't keep a balance in all of them.

I have   setup a blockchain wallet which was recommended here and it does seem pretty slick and more detailed then my local wallet. I also noticed all the online places do not accept credit cards as a funding source.  I guess there is a reason for that which is still unknown to me.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grantbdev

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 02:42:29 AM

I've been searching/reading about the easiest way to buy bitcoins. I setup a blockchain account, bitinstant account, dwolla account and well a couple other accounts also. By using these available services which process would you recommend I use to get some btc? I'm trying to avoid the highest fees and all that. I have added a bank account to my dwolla account but haven't moved any further until I found out a little more. I know there are other people out there that have probably used every service under the sun, that's why I'm asking here. It also seems every online  service and exchange give you an address to use. Not everyone uses all these addresses, right? I mean you consolidate to some extent and  don't keep a balance in all of them.

I have   setup a blockchain wallet which was recommended here and it does seem pretty slick and more detailed then my local wallet. I also noticed all the online places do not accept credit cards as a funding source.  I guess there is a reason for that which is still unknown to me.

Credit cards aren't used because of potential chargebacks.

You can use dwolla or a bank to put money on an exchange and buy BTC, and then send it to your wallet address. There are also services like BitInstant (https://www.bitinstant.com/) where you can do all kinds of different transactions to get BTC, even (this is a very easy way) local cash deposits (at a fee of course).

Don't use BIPS!
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 02:50:45 AM

Dwolla used to be a lot more useful when there wasn't verification requirements on MtGox. It was easy to get money in/out. For a lot of people it's still easy if they don't mind giving out details but for me I can't even provide proof of residence and it's become a no-go.

Now I think I'd use OTC* as a preferable option as it totally disconnects you from the regular banking system. Have a look at that and choose one of the more senior well trusted members to do a person to person (p2p) trade. I think it's bit harder to buy BTC when you're unknown (as people fear chargebacks on whatever payment method you use) but selling them should be rather easy.

(* see bitcoin-otc.com for the over-the-counter direct marketplace between real people)

TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 03:53:17 AM

Depends on how many coins.  We sell @ MtGox last w/ no fees or markup but it is generally bulk sales.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87094

Right now we are actually selling 1% BELOW MtGox last due to a surplus.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 04:01:16 AM

Depending on how long you've been verified on Dwolla the cheapest and quickest method from someone new to BTC is to open an annount with  Campbx.  Transfer some USD to CampBx.  Purchase some BTC there.  Then you can send that btc to your Blockchain wallet. 
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 07:28:35 AM

Depending on how long you've been verified on Dwolla

Yup, that's the kicker.  Lots of new accounts sign up with Dwolla then get frustrated after they finally have a verified account with funds in it only to learn that they can't do anything with it for 30 days.

Soo .....

If you have Dwolla then you are presumably in the U.S.  If you are in the U.S., you might have a Chase bank branch nearby.  If you do, then there is no faster option, nor cheaper, than BitFloor using this cash deposit method.

Then once you get past your 30 day probation on Dwolla, then you have a bit more options.  But Bitfloor will probably serve you quite well.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 08:09:16 AM

A blockchain.info wallet and BitInstant are a great option for someone new to Bitcoin.

istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 11:07:54 AM

There is also Local bitcoins

http://localbitcoins.com/

And another similar service, with Facebook accounts etc, but I cant remember its name.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 12:05:30 PM

A blockchain.info wallet and BitInstant are a great option for someone new to Bitcoin.
It's greatest option to lose your bitcoins when service operator decides to shut down and take all losers bitcoins for himself. Remember mybitcoin.com?

Download Bitcoin client on your computer, secure your computer (no malware or other persons acessing your PC), backup your wallet.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 12:08:51 PM

Depending on how long you've been verified on Dwolla

Yup, that's the kicker.  Lots of new accounts sign up with Dwolla then get frustrated after they finally have a verified account with funds in it only to learn that they can't do anything with it for 30 days.

Soo .....

If you have Dwolla then you are presumably in the U.S.  If you are in the U.S., you might have a Chase bank branch nearby.  If you do, then there is no faster option, nor cheaper, than BitFloor using this cash deposit method.

Then once you get past your 30 day probation on Dwolla, then you have a bit more options.  But Bitfloor will probably serve you quite well.

Bitfloor for the win.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
shtylman

Activity: 243

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 01:34:56 PM

I recommend you try out the BitFloor cash deposits for funding your account and buying coins. I think you will find that they are very simple to make and will allow you to fund your account in the quickest manner possible. You can even make the requests from your mobile phone while on the way to the bank Smiley
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 03:32:34 PM

It's greatest option to lose your bitcoins when service operator decides to shut down and take all losers bitcoins for himself. Remember mybitcoin.com?

Download Bitcoin client on your computer, secure your computer (no malware or other persons acessing your PC), backup your wallet.

Hey troll if Bitcoins are worthless then it doesn't really matter does it?

Blockchain.info has no access to your private keys.  You can backup your wallet offline (or have it sent automatically to your email address).
Private keys can be extracted from the backup and imported into any client.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 06:41:42 PM

So basically to purchase bitcoins using an online service you at least need to have a funding source added to your account, like a bank account. I'm looking to buy around 100-150 btc and send it to my friend, but since Dwolla hasn't even done my account verify yet it seems there is no way I'll be able to get any btc. I can definitely see why a lot of people read about btc and look into it, but then slowly get discouraged finding it difficult to firstly get them in the first place. Then I read even after you verify your funding source at Dwolla they implement a 30 day probation period where you can't do anything. Ouch.

TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 07:04:11 PM

So basically to purchase bitcoins using an online service you at least need to have a funding source added to your account, like a bank account. I'm looking to buy around 100-150 btc and send it to my friend, but since Dwolla hasn't even done my account verify yet it seems there is no way I'll be able to get any btc. I can definitely see why a lot of people read about btc and look into it, but then slowly get discouraged finding it difficult to firstly get them in the first place. Then I read even after you verify your funding source at Dwolla they implement a 30 day probation period where you can't do anything. Ouch.

You could buy directly from us and get the coins the same day
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87094
unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 08:46:06 PM

I recommend you try out the BitFloor cash deposits for funding your account and buying coins. I think you will find that they are very simple to make and will allow you to fund your account in the quickest manner possible. You can even make the requests from your mobile phone while on the way to the bank Smiley

Before I stumbled on Bitfloor I was using MTGox and Bitinstant. Before that I was using TradeHill and Dwolla.

Bitfloor is an all in one shop! I have had VERY good fortune with Bitfloor.

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 09:55:19 PM

I'm guessing you're cheap like me, which is why you're not using the easy button that is bitinstant...

So if you want to have the quarter transaction fee, then yes, keep waiting on Dwolla and Mtgox.  You'll get your bitcoins in about 30-60 days.

If you want your bitcoins with a small (but not zero) fee, then use Bitinstant or bitfloor that these people are talking about.

I have gotten my friends involved by using my verified account to transfer money into my account and send them their bitcoins.  Since I usually keep enough to spot them for the few days of transfer, they get their bitcoins immediately.

You have your answers, so now go do something Smiley  Keep up hope!  I like the quote that bitcoin is kind of like the internet before internet explorer.  It took some time to catch hold.

2019 is the year that I heard someone predict that bitcoin will become mainstream.  Looking forward to retiring in 2019 Smiley

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 06:56:18 PM

Hey troll if Bitcoins are worthless then it doesn't really matter does it?

Blockchain.info has no access to your private keys.  You can backup your wallet offline (or have it sent automatically to your email address).
Private keys can be extracted from the backup and imported into any client.
Where did I say Bitcoins are worthless, my fellow Troll? I only told that web-based wallets are untrustworthy. Nothing beats Bitcoin client running on your secured computer! I keep maximally close to Satoshi whitepaper and even use client that was designed and written mostly by Satoshi himself. wx-based Bitcoin.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 01:50:57 AM

Before I stumbled on Bitfloor I was using MTGox and Bitinstant. Before that I was using TradeHill and Dwolla.

I don't really care about the fee...if I were to use bitfloor to buy btc, then where would the funding/money itself come from to buy them? This is the situation I've come across. I can buy bitcoin from many different sites, but paying for them is the hard part. The only reason I brought up Dwolla was because that seems to be the only place where you can add a funding source.

shtylman

Activity: 243

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 02:50:28 AM

I don't really care about the fee...if I were to use bitfloor to buy btc, then where would the funding/money itself come from to buy them? This is the situation I've come across. I can buy bitcoin from many different sites, but paying for them is the hard part. The only reason I brought up Dwolla was because that seems to be the only place where you can add a funding source.

With BitFloor you can just deposit cash at any Chase bank branch (more soon) and be credited your USD immediately; not sure of a faster way to be able to buy bitcoins.
unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 04:07:28 AM

With BitFloor you can just deposit cash at any Chase bank branch (more soon) and be credited your USD immediately; not sure of a faster way to be able to buy bitcoins.

I just hope Chase doesn't stop you like they did MtGox and we all have to go through Bitinstant which is a rip off if you ask me. Bitinstant uses a service called TrustCash and TrustCash has a bank account at Chase!

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: