Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:31:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: who are selling at these prices  (Read 2057 times)
Jeremias (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:25:35 AM

MIners cannot sell at these absurd low prices, then who??? At this rate prices gonna touch $100

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:28:03 AM

Not me. I'm buying.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
aguanyardiners

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:32:08 AM

Quite simple. People who thinks that price will drop and wants to sell now and buy after some days.

Bitcoins (BTC): 17SnnHGbGiWLJ5ysKcHE3jJmzLCZHwvPnN
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2783
Merit: 1813

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:16:21 AM

MIners cannot sell at these absurd low prices, then who??? At this rate prices gonna touch $100

Ehh some miners have no other option but to sell to cover electricity costs.

"Feeeeed me Roger!"  -Bcash
dancing altcoin shiva

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:28:55 AM

miners, shortseller, early adopters who lost hope, the central banks, Mark Karpeles and Gavin before he creates the chaos and drama he announced.

Bitcoin will become Gavincoin in the future and the main dev has turned against the coin and what it stands for. So i think it will be voted down a little more.

I'm not feeling comfortable holding Bitcoin now and i'm not sure if i want to rebuy a lot. I just use it to move between altcoins and fiat now.
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:32:48 AM

miners, shortseller, early adopters who lost hope, the central banks, Mark Karpeles and Gavin before he creates the chaos and drama he announced.

Bitcoin will become Gavincoin in the future and the main dev has turned against the coin and what it stands for. So i think it will be voted down a little more.

I'm not feeling comfortable holding Bitcoin now and i'm not sure if i want to rebuy a lot. I just use it to move between altcoins and fiat now.
altcoins suck

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:33:37 AM

Quite simple. People who thinks that price will drop and wants to sell now and buy after some days.
That was the prevailing logic all or most of last year but now it can be dangerous to do so hoping to make a few extra bucks back per coin, especially if you're leveraged. We've come to a point towards the end of the bear's rope where people have to think a little more clearly about self-preservation and not be so fickle or opportunist. The market will turn at some point and likely soon so your undoing could happen while you're in bed or before you know it. It's not worthwhile to chance it at this point and after the last downturn, there's very little to be had on the short market but way more on the upside. Take your pick: missing out or getting your ass squeezed to where you'll never recover anytime soon in your life or stake out a long position for future profit. There's way more upside at this point than downside, unlike 6 months ago. The spectacular shakeouts are already behind us. Shorting now will be the kiss of death.
dancing altcoin shiva

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:37:29 AM

altcoins suck

bitcoin sucks more - can you teell me how you can distinguish between bitcoin and an altcoin? (i mean after ignoring its cult-following?)

Bitcoin is not better than the next best shitcoin without its neurotic community - and the smart people who are not early adopters have had enough of loosing money and move into alts now and start supporting alts the way the neurotics support bitcoin.

Thanks to Gavinfork Bitcoin will become even more worthless - so the Bitcoin community will be crushed under a rain of coins.
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:37:39 AM

That was the prevailing logic all or most of last year but now it can be dangerous to do so hoping to make a few extra bucks back per coin, especially if you're leveraged. We've come to a point towards the end of the bear's rope where people have to think a little more clearly about self-preservation and not be so fickle or opportunist. The market will turn at some point and likely soon so your undoing could happen while you're in bed or before you know it. It's not worthwhile to chance it at this point and after the last downturn, there's very little to be had on the short market but way more on the upside. Take your pick: missing out or getting your ass squeezed to where you'll never recover anytime soon in your life or stake out a long position for future profit. There's way more upside at this point than downside, unlike 6 months ago. The spectacular shakeouts are already behind us. Shorting now will be the kiss of death.

The problem is that people have been saying this all the way down.  Perhaps there isn't a bottom?  It irks me when people make such strong statements about a highly volatile investment.  There are a lot of gullible people out there who use forums to guide their financial decisions, unfortunately ..
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:41:40 AM

snip
Oh lawd, the name and the bloviated 1st stance but I give you credit for pointing out the way to float from fiat to alts and vice versa. Nobody can deny we've already had or are near touching the bottom so the only way is up from here.  Below 200s will be fleeting, if possible at all, and the talk of double digits is diaper pooh. I would admit there's a play in litecoin atm but after that goes out the window, all of that is coming back to btc. Some will fiat out but most others want to pad their btc wallets in the remaining dull period. Just sell all your bitcoins, don't buy them or get ready for the Super Bowl's aftermath and hold.
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:43:24 AM

The problem is that people have been saying this all the way down.  Perhaps there isn't a bottom?  It irks me when people make such strong statements about a highly volatile investment.  There are a lot of gullible people out there who use forums to guide their financial decisions, unfortunately ..

the sustainable price with the 3600 coins/day is way below 200$
dancing altcoin shiva

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:46:20 AM

snip
Oh lawd, the name and the bloviated 1st stance but I give you credit for pointing out the way to float from fiat to alts and vice versa. Nobody can deny we've already had or are near touching the bottom so the only way is up from here.  Below 200s will be fleeting, if possible at all, and the talk of double digits is diaper pooh. I would admit there's a play in litecoin atm but after that goes out the window, all of that is coming back to btc. Some will fiat out but most others want to pad their btc wallets in the remaining dull period. Just sell all your bitcoins, don't buy them or get ready for the Super Bowl's aftermath and hold.

after Litecoinbubble (which is potentially epic) Litecoin will be valued at 0.1 BTC at the very least (the peak can be up to 0.3 btc) . There are also other coins coming up you may be unaware of. Bitcoin lost most of its appeal because it just can't hold its value and all the other stuff said above.
Afterall Bitcoin will cease to exist soon and wil be split in two - Gavincoin and Bitcoin and nobody will know which coin is the correct one.
So i prefer staying away from 'Bitcoin' alltogether.

There will only ever be one Litecoin - and it will be more secure than Gavincoin, and it's faster also.

Bitcoin is so slow i have no idea who voluntarily would use that - it also has such a big blockchain and they want to bloat it to 1terrabyte per year. Bitcoin after forking into Gavincoin will become unaffordable and inaccessible. I have no idea who the users of tomorrows' Gavincoin should be.

Speculating on it is for donkeys.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8tvxJGCYAA5jH7.jpg
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:55:51 AM

We already saw the bottom, there's just a flush out that may still happen tho I'm increasingly doubting it and I could be minutely wrong but it's irrelevant. The tide is going to turn and there's no way around that. Bulls were in denial all of last year but now it's the bears and the despaired that are in it now thinking anything is possible all the way down to nothing.
 It's likely that btc still retreats but it's because there's a flush happening to drive ltc/btc to a certain level but the btc price level is probably safe from the recent bottom. Things will probably happen fairly fast as things go forward so staying positioned accordingly would be a great idea.
dancing altcoin shiva

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:58:36 AM

We already saw the bottom, there's just a flush out that may still happen tho I'm increasingly doubting it and I could be minutely wrong but it's irrelevant. The tide is going to turn and there's no way around that. Bulls were in denial all of last year but now it's the bears and the despaired that are in it now thinking anything is possible all the way down to nothing.
 It's likely that btc still retreats but it's because there's a flush happening to drive ltc/btc to a certain level but the btc price level is probably safe from the recent bottom. Things will probably happen fairly fast as things go forward so staying positioned accordingly would be a great idea.

How are the bears in denial? Look at the charts. It's going down with no bounces.

You are witnessing a dead cat bounce. It was just distorted by the coinbase-scampump

In case 200$ support is broken you can kiss your Gavin-con goodby
aguanyardiners

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 05:05:31 AM

I agree with you and I'm not doing, but i guess that that's exactly what is happening.

Bitcoins (BTC): 17SnnHGbGiWLJ5ysKcHE3jJmzLCZHwvPnN
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 06:51:17 AM

Think we underestimated the cost of mining. If we look at the current hash rate statistic, the drop is not significant and that means there are still people who leave their machine running. Generally miners won't do that if it's not profitable.

Jeremias (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 07:06:21 AM

Think we underestimated the cost of mining. If we look at the current hash rate statistic, the drop is not significant and that means there are still people who leave their machine running. Generally miners won't do that if it's not profitable.

Then, isn't this a paradox, when prices were $3 at the start of 2013, miners were there and now also miners are there, so does that seem to point to the fact that mining is price independent. No matter what the price is there will be miners and sellers.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 07:13:43 AM

its time to wait and waiting a rebuy moment
atlantic miner

Activity: 99

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 08:41:05 PM

I bought at 256. Trying to keep my cool because I have fallen for this like 3 times now. It seems everytime I buy the price goes down...seriously.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 08:46:21 PM

Then, isn't this a paradox, when prices were $3 at the start of 2013, miners were there and now also miners are there, so does that seem to point to the fact that mining is price independent. No matter what the price is there will be miners and sellers.

2013 started around $13.
IIRC, we haven't seen $3 since late 2011, and 2012 started around $4-$5.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: