Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:39:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STRONG BUY  (Read 3260 times)
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:53:49 AM

Fun fact: Once we reach the bottom shorters need to buy back in! Unrealized profits are no real profits. So every bear has to buy at some point (soon).

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:01:53 PM

Fun fact: Once we reach the bottom shorters need to buy back in! Unrealized profits are no real profits. So every bear has to buy at some point (soon).

Indeed, hence the rally to $310 and the halving of the BTC Swaps on Finex from around 30K, to 12K. In the past day or so, the BTC swap volume on that exchange has risen back up to 20K which will explain the slight price slippage in BTC. Guess a whole pile of capital is anticipating yet further selling pressure coming to market early next week.

I myself (if I was still tarding Bitcoin) wouldn't short here tbh. I believe that Bitcoin is going ultimately to double figures (or a lower low at the very least), but it would be entirely typical for Bitcoin to have another rally, testing and possibly breaching the recent $310 high. Perhaps it will be these over eager shorts getting squeezed which will ultimately take Bitcoin there.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:04:38 PM

Indeed, hence the rally to $310 and the halving of the BTC Swaps on Finex from around 30K, to 12K. In the past day or so, the BTC swap volume on that exchange has risen back up to 20K which will explain the slight price slippage in BTC. Guess a whole pile of capital is anticipating yet further selling pressure coming to market early next week.

I myself (if I was still tarding Bitcoin) wouldn't short here tbh. I believe that Bitcoin is going ultimately to double figures (or a lower low at the very least), but it would be entirely typical for Bitcoin to have another rally, testing and possibly breaching the recent $310 high. Perhaps it will be these over eager shorts getting squeezed which will ultimately take Bitcoin there.

Mat you are still trading bitcoin. You couldnt resist and bought back in remember?
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:09:08 PM

Mat you are still trading bitcoin. You couldnt resist and bought back in remember?

yeah...but with sgbett amounts of money. With amounts of money so low that I can't really bring myself to give a shit either way....and that aint tarding.

Right now, I don't hold any BTC though.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 12:11:13 PM

Trading BTC ≠ helping the bulls

If someone buys just to dump higher soon after it's not helping your cause...

kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:12:09 PM

Lol dropping like a rock and you're talking about strong buy...

Panic sell incoming you mean... We'll break $200 tonight and then its panic time, new lower lows since 2014.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 12:12:47 PM

Too bad that there is no guarantee that there will be a final bottom anytime soon or ever, we are still going down and longs (that are still a lot more than shorts) have to sell back too as we go down...

NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 12:21:31 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2015, 12:34:42 PM by NotHatinJustTrollin

The recent dumping is driven by leveraged shorting.
Please stop with this unbelievable bullshit.

You have been telling us that these months crashes have been manipulation with leveraged selling. Stop.

Shorts on bitfinex have never exceeded something like 30k BTC. Now they are lot less.
Even if they would have always been 30k BTC, that amount (or at least how much that amount can change and effectively influence the price) is a drop in the ocean compared to the daily volume during volatile times on all exchanges. Absolutely nothing, they don't have much influence (not for major price movements anyway).
In case you were wondering, your short interest is somewhat correlated with price movements because the latter influences the former, not the other way around.

Stop with this bullshit that the "shorters have to buy back". Sure they technically do, but that doesn't have much influence on the price in the large picture per se and the longers are in the same situation, with the difference that the trend is still down (shorters profit, longers not really) and that longs are a lot more as always.

NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 12:29:30 PM

Another observation from another thread:

It helps to put a year chart up. In that you can see long interest is down 50% whilst short interest is up about 100%.

We may go lower. But 5000 shorts opened up on finex alone in the last 20 dollar drop. A single buy will squeeze us straight back to 240 if they capitulate.
Yeah, and while we're at it why don't we mention that price is 80% less from the ATH, which means that those shorts hold a much lower USD value? 1k BTC during the ATH is not the same as 1k BTC now.

Longs = 15 millions
Shorts = 4.4 millions

Again, stop with this "shorters have to buy back so the bottom will soon be in" nonsense.

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:33:23 PM

You have been telling us that these months crashes have been manipulation with leveraged selling. Stop.

Shorts on bitfinex have never exceeded something like 30k BTC. Now they are lot less.
Even if they would have always been 30k BTC, that amount is a drop in the ocean compared to the daily volume during volatile times on all exchanges. Absolutely nothing, they don't have much influence.
In case you were wondering, your short interest is somewhat correlated with price movements because the latter influences the former, not the other way around.

Stop with this bullshit that the "shorters have to buy back". Sure they technically do, but that doesn't have much influence in the price per se and the longers are in the same situation, with the difference that the trend is still down (shorters are making profit, longers not really) and that longs are a lot more as always.

I have corrected you before. A few days ago you didn't even know what 'short interest' was..

The 10,000 additional short contracts that have been bought from $300 down to where we are now are extremely important in terms of setting the price. Only someone being totally disingenious like you would say otherwise.

Let us take the dump last night as an example. 5000 btc dumped onto the bid orderbook on bitfinex to scare the bids down. At the same time 5000 new shorts opened. Coincidence? Hmm.

You don't think buying 5000 btc if the price moves up forcing shorts to cover makes a difference? It is most of the orderbook on finex to bring the price back to $240 you simpleton.

NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 06:57:50 PM

Even if they would have always been 30k BTC, that amount is a drop in the ocean compared to the daily volume during volatile times on all exchanges. Absolutely nothing, they don't have much influence.

Stop with this bullshit that the "shorters have to buy back". Sure they technically do, but that doesn't have much influence in the price per se and the longers are in the same situation, with the difference that the trend is still down (shorters are making profit, longers not really) and that longs are a lot more as always.

I have corrected you before. A few days ago you didn't even know what 'short interest' was..

The 10,000 additional short contracts that have been bought from $300 down to where we are now are extremely important in terms of setting the price. Only someone being totally disingenious like you would say otherwise.

Let us take the dump last night as an example. 5000 btc dumped onto the bid orderbook on bitfinex to scare the bids down. At the same time 5000 new shorts opened. Coincidence? Hmm.

You don't think buying 5000 btc if the price moves up forcing shorts to cover makes a difference? It is most of the orderbook on finex to bring the price back to $240 you simpleton.

You never corrected me in anything regarding actual content of the arguments, only on what was the best term/expression for the same concept we were talking about (short interest/number of BTC swaps).
I know more than you about shorts and longs since I actually trade (not right now tho), you don’t.

Dude, shorts were at 28k recently, they have been squeezed to 15k, now back to around 20k.   5k-10k BTC fluctuations once or twice in the span of months. Go look at the volume on all exchanges. Does it look like 5k-10k fluctuations once every few months have an influence on the BIG PICTURE of the price (nobody cares about little moves you are talking about, they are just noise, whether up or down). No they don’t. Again, they are a drop in the ocean compared to what China (that moves this market whether you like it or not, and yes the recent pump&dump to $300 was mostly them as always) or all the other exchanges combined can move during volatile times.

Again, quantity of BTC swaps (or “short interest”) are correlated with price movements because the latter influences the former, in the larger picture.

You just HODL and buy more whenever you can, you don’t trade, so why are you talking about something you don’t know much about?

If you are talking about the shorters “that have to buy back”, why are you  ignoring the longers?
"Short interest bubble". More like "long interest bubble" lol

thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 06:59:03 PM

Lmao. Strong buy right into a pump and dump right now.  
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 07:10:53 PM

Lmao. Strong buy right into a pump and dump right now.  

still too low for my shorting :/

i need a better pump to dump again
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 07:13:16 PM

Roger that. Buying more.

You keep buying more coin and you'll be a free man.

Especially during the upcoming shekel war.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 07:57:09 PM

Again, stop with this "shorters have to buy back so the bottom will soon be in" nonsense.
It is the other way around: The bottom is in so shorters have to buy back.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 08:16:50 PM

It is the other way around: The bottom is in so shorters have to buy back.

And if they're trading on margin, automatic liquidation of their short position will force them to buy back.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 08:48:00 PM

sorry but what mostly i have been doing is sell sell sell and it seems a good decision.
caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:25:28 PM

Clear sign of Strong buy. Based on real analysis and trend calculations. (non-log)

If in a week, you think I helped you to make a profit, feel free to tip me. Send me a personal message (only after a week.)

People are too scared right now to invest.

Buy orders aren't strong because of the recent dumps as people fear another one.

NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 10:32:51 PM

Permabull logic:

Longs on bitfinex have been staying at more than $15 million for AGES (since when price was at $500-600 or more).
They have been taking ridiculous beatings but still manage to be at $15 millions now.
Shorts have been right since forever since we have been crashing for months, they are around $4.4 million now and they should all panic close because of little bounces creating a panic squeeze that is supposed to turn into the start of the next bubble or some shit.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:36:29 PM

Permabull logic:

Longs on bitfinex have been staying at more than $15 million for AGES (since when price was at $500-600 or more).
They have been taking ridiculous beatings but still manage to be at $15 millions now.
Shorts have been right since forever since we have been crashing for months, they are around $4.4 million now and they should all panic close because of little bounces creating a panic squeeze that is supposed to turn into the start of the next bubble or some shit.

Perhaps you need to consider the possibility that the USD Swaps includes LTC as well.   Roll Eyes.  For someone who thinks they have all the answers you certainly don't seem to really think your assumptions and conclusions through.

And what is this "crashing for months"?  Might want to review your understanding of the word crash.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: