Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:20:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] BTC-BOND - 0.03% Daily  (Read 20352 times)
Namworld (OP)

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:11:13 AM

Bump.

Anyone? Would like to get the remaining bonds sold.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:19:33 PM

Bump.

Now that Deprived has opened his bond paying 60% more than yours on btct, it will be hard to get people to buy your bond.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:47:36 AM

Bump.

Now that Deprived has opened his bond paying 60% more than yours on btct, it will be hard to get people to buy your bond.

There's much more to it than yield. Frankly, offering such a high rate is the only way Deprived can compete with an issue like BTC-BOND. Namworld has been around a lot longer than Deprived. He has a lot more under management, and runs a serious productive business vs. a bunch of churning investment funds. Compare their contracts -- although I presume it is unlikely, it is clearly more likely that Deprived asset will blow up. And Deprived is very clear about where the liability lies (with the shareholders). I.E. Deprived will not pay you back (he is very clear about this in his contract). These are all justifications for offering a higher rate of return. It's likely the only way he can issue debt given his recent negative publicity.

There is a lot that would have to go wrong before BTC-BOND doesn't pay back. I for one have relied on BTC-BOND for years to provide a reasonably safe place to store 20-30% of my capital. When I ask myself, is it logical for me to assign the same level of credibility to Deprived, I have to say "no". That is why Deprived is offering more money. Because it's the only way he can compete with BTC-BOND.

p.s. I just bought some BTC nam, will be buying more BTC-BOND for BMF. Thanks!
Namworld (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:37:10 AM

Bump.

It seems to offer less guarantees of solvency, albeit it is quite well designed overall.

I was wondering where those daily dividends on BMF were coming for. Guess that answers it.
usagi
VIP

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:46:59 AM

I was wondering where those daily dividends on BMF were coming for. Guess that answers it.

Lol. I only wish I had that much BTC-BOND right now.

I find the question of where BMF's money comes from deserves a little more light as I haven't touched upon it yet, though. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=229036.msg2753905#msg2753905 -- thanks for raising that issue Smiley
Peter Lambert

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 01:59:30 PM

Bump.

There's much more to it than yield. Frankly, offering such a high rate is the only way Deprived can compete with an issue like BTC-BOND. Namworld has been around a lot longer than Deprived. He has a lot more under management, and runs a serious productive business vs. a bunch of churning investment funds. Compare their contracts -- although I presume it is unlikely, it is clearly more likely that Deprived asset will blow up. And Deprived is very clear about where the liability lies (with the shareholders). I.E. Deprived will not pay you back (he is very clear about this in his contract). These are all justifications for offering a higher rate of return. It's likely the only way he can issue debt given his recent negative publicity.

There is a lot that would have to go wrong before BTC-BOND doesn't pay back. I for one have relied on BTC-BOND for years to provide a reasonably safe place to store 20-30% of my capital. When I ask myself, is it logical for me to assign the same level of credibility to Deprived, I have to say "no". That is why Deprived is offering more money. Because it's the only way he can compete with BTC-BOND.

I was not saying that btc-bond was a bad investment, just that the typical bitcoin investor who barely glances at the surface of investments would jump on a higher yield bond first. I agree that Namworld has been very consistent with this.

usagi
VIP

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:25:39 PM

I was not saying that btc-bond was a bad investment, just that the typical bitcoin investor who barely glances at the surface of investments would jump on a higher yield bond first. I agree that Namworld has been very consistent with this.

Yup I agree.. I love Deprived's securities for their yield, personally. I especially like LTC-ATF.B1 which is a shining star in the world of LTC investing.
arctos

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:22:10 PM

I have sent my shares to Namjies for redemption
Namworld (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:07:40 AM

I have sent my shares to Namjies for redemption

Paid out.
Namworld (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 08:11:00 AM

Bump.

Seems pretty dead. I suppose there's not much speculation to be had on this loan.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:12:03 PM

Bump.

Seems pretty dead. I suppose there's not much speculation to be had on this loan.

It is just that it is trading in a very tight range (smaller bid-ask spread than the fee to buy and sell a share), so there is not much profit to be made from trading it. And there are other bonds which pay a higher daily rate, so nobody is going to buy up large amounts.

Turbonoodle

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:29:15 PM

Bump.

It is just that it is trading in a very tight range (smaller bid-ask spread than the fee to buy and sell a share), so there is not much profit to be made from trading it. And there are other bonds which pay a higher daily rate, so nobody is going to buy up large amounts.

2013-09-15 22:47:07   Market Buy   12154     ฿0.01      ฿121.54

Roll Eyes
Namworld (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:31:39 PM

Bump.

Roll Eyes

Yes, I suppose I'm settled now.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:00:22 PM

Bump.

Roll Eyes

Do you plan on issuing more shares anytime soon?

Namworld (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:42:42 PM

Bump.

Roll Eyes

Do you plan on issuing more shares anytime soon?

Honestly, I don't think I will. I have more than enough BTC to place orders on stuff that matters. Will keep it at that until the day I buyback.
gabbynot

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:38:39 AM

So...what's the plan now that BTC-TC is closing?
Kontakt

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:13:00 PM

I am also requesting status updates.
001sonkit

Activity: 784

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 02:41:43 PM

BTCT is just GLBSE with a much better closedown situation

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
JasperDX7

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:08:25 PM

I'd also like to know.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:13:14 PM

Anybody know a way to contact Namworld? He is one of the few asset issuers who has not made any statements since the BTCT shutdown was announced, and he certainly missed a huge opportunity to buy back this loan at much less than face value.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: