Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 06:38:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next block halving reward ? Price going ...  (Read 3848 times)
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 06:08:17 PM

By the next block halving reward which will be 12.5 BTC as a reward (going to happen in late 2016 , early 2017) instead of 25 BTC (now)
Where the price is going , logically the price should go UP of course since there is less supply . How much the price could reach and can we see another scenario ? (price going down)

"logically" only if demand remains the same.

I think and hope it would, but I just wanted to call out that point.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:12:26 PM

By the next block halving reward which will be 12.5 BTC as a reward (going to happen in late 2016 , early 2017) instead of 25 BTC (now)
Where the price is going , logically the price should go UP of course since there is less supply . How much the price could reach and can we see another scenario ? (price going down)

Maybe before  the halving I think there will be an "huge dump" ..... and obviously after a little pump.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 08:48:58 PM

Maybe before  the halving I think there will be an "huge dump" ..... and obviously after a little pump.
I have just woken up so maybe im dreaming but that really you redsnOw?
The same redsnOw that was leaving this forum for good, welcome back, this forum can be a hard addiction to kick ah.
Just hope its the same old honest guy behind that account and it wasn't sold.

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:56:23 PM

The same redsnOw that was leaving this forum for good, welcome back, this forum can be a hard addiction to kick ah.

I'm obviously the same redsn0w  ( zero not "O"). However we are OT , return on topic thanks. What do you think ? Will the price go up or down ?
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:46:24 AM

I doubt there's any good price predictor.  Supply, demand, news... none of it matters and it all matters in no proportional way.   That's why bitcoin is so super fantastic.  No one can predict it other than to predict that there will be price swings.  So far, most people of popularity haven't guessed it right.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:46:06 AM

The demand is rising because more and more people are aware of it. And even so, many people are still stand aside and watching, because it is still very risky to put large amount of wealth in bitcoin without being lost or stolen

Unless you can make sure you have all your money in your control, you will never put serious money in this thing. Unfortunately, even a very professional site like bitstamp get hacked, the chance for an average Joe to lose his coins are high

bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 08:13:47 AM

I'm obviously the same redsn0w  ( zero not "O"). However we are OT , return on topic thanks. What do you think ? Will the price go up or down ?
Anyway welcome back.
On the topic, logically the price should go up but i really think it depends on what happens between now and the block reward halving.
More big hacks, big coin dumps, bad news, government regulations might not go the way they should with BTC, in other words anything could happen.

I still recon the price will rise but from what base price will it go up from, thats the question.
If the Winklevoss twins ETF (Gemini) takes off then a lot of whales may throw some big money in and we could see a BTC price of $500+ per coin even beforw the halving.
All we can do is wait and see and keep the fingers crossed.

Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 11:48:45 AM

Anyway welcome back.
On the topic, logically the price should go up but i really think it depends on what happens between now and the block reward halving.
More big hacks, big coin dumps, bad news, government regulations might not go the way they should with BTC, in other words anything could happen.

I still recon the price will rise but from what base price will it go up from, thats the question.
If the Winklevoss twins ETF (Gemini) takes off then a lot of whales may throw some big money in and we could see a BTC price of $500+ per coin even beforw the halving.

I agree security hacks are actually creating all the negative impression people have on bitcoin and that is actually worse when you have newbies. People who have just started without much knowledge in bitcoin will develop that negative thinking. And definitely we need to fresh funds and that is the most important thing.

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:52:51 AM

Anyway welcome back.

I agree security hacks are actually creating all the negative impression people have on bitcoin and that is actually worse when you have newbies. People who have just started without much knowledge in bitcoin will develop that negative thinking. And definitely we need to fresh funds and that is the most important thing.

...but at the end I think the people will think it would be better own "real" bitcoin instead own only the ETF. Or at least this is my personal opinion , what do you think about that ?
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:58:43 PM

Until the block halving Bitcoins ecosystem has risen a lot, same goes for the user adoption and exchanges like ETF's where industrial money gets involved, these alone can make bitcoin prices rise tremendously and after the halving it would go up even more i guess a couple k's wouldn't be unreasonable.
swansong

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 12:32:39 PM

it may happen the same thing like doge, where the price go up before the halving, and then become stable and dumped again

are you really comparing bitcoin with doge? doge gets halvening 1293012803918231 in a year. bitcoin 1 in a 4 years.
painlord2k

Activity: 453
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:09:04 AM

Reward-Drop ETA: 2016-07-30 10:49:31 UTC (77 weeks, 1 day, 15 hours, 20 minutes)

The rock bottom of Bitcoin price is based on the actual use of it.
Bitcoin is used to transfer value between people, so lower is the exchange rate, more bitcoins are needed to transfer the same value.
As the number of merchants, users and transactions increase, the bottom must raise accordingly.
Where is the bottom I don't know, I just know it is rising.
Before or late it will meet the exchange rate and the exchange rate will be able to fall under it.

If we are lucky, speculations will keep the exchange rate higher than the rock bottom. But, if we ever hit the rock bottom, the rise would be thundering because there would not be any weak hand to shake out.

At the current exchange rate  $800K/day are enough to buy all mined bitcoins; this is $290M/year.
Or just $450M before the next halving. This is 6 time what the VC poured in Coinbase just in January 2015. What they poured in all 2013 plus 2014. This is just 1/5688 of the money the Fed printed out of thin air from December 10, 2014 to December 24, 2014 ($256 Billions). This is just a drop in the ocean.

Smart money is patient and play long games. IMHO, they are loading up already, buying any dip available under 200.
One year, 18 months are nothing for them.

But, 18 months from now, Bitcoin inflation will fall to 4.5% per year for the next 4 years. What governments would be able to have a Base Money increasing so slowly, when they have more than 100% debt/GDP (and in the GDP they count the cost of making movies, paying whores, buying drugs and government services - I think the previous categories are a bit overlapping each other). They need, like air, a fast growing Money Base, to dilute their debts and our savings. If they don't they would be forced to default. Probably they will do both.

And smart people will move to useful, not inflating, assets able to keep their value. Like gold, silver and Bitcoin.
Then you will see the start of an inarrestabile rise of the exchange rate of Bitcoin. Maybe not momentous like in 2011 or in 2013, but something like no one have seen before in their lives and no one will see in theirs in the future.
nextblast

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:41:32 AM

Litecoin will be halving quite soon (Aug 2015?).
Though litecoin not bitcoin, but we shall see what happens to it.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:07:37 AM

Isn't litecoin dead?
bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 05:33:09 AM

Hmm, i didn't know this, thanks
The litecoin halving will give a small indication of what could happen with bitcoins when it's time comes.

Isn't litecoin dead?
What makes you say dead?
Is it just because the price has had a big crash or other reasons?

IMO there is room for more than 1 alt coin on the market but it must have it own benifits to compete with btc.

bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:47:32 AM

Halving will be priced in long before it actually happens.
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 06:28:55 AM

Logically bitcoin price should went up
But, who knows ? Maybe after block halving, bitcoin price might went down
bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 10:17:32 AM

Price going to went up for a while, then a dump will happen
And, how many miners will drop their mining activity when block halving happened ?
There is no guarantee that there will be a big dump after halving just because price spike.
There will probably be big buys just before halving, driving the price up.
Better adoption.

Miners will only dump if price goes so low they can no longer profit.
More big mining companies dropping out means diffulctly would drop, (correct me on that if wrong but i think that happens if miners drop out that diffulctly goes down)

Rimmer

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:59:55 AM

I'm holding my coins and not spending any until the block halving. I think that's a good enough time to see where bitcoin is at and hopefully we will have seen some gains long before that but the halving will hopefully have an impact further.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:24:05 PM

It will go to $3000 approx. Two consecutive bubbles. That is what I believe at least. Might seem weird to you. Won't seem so in a few months. Wink

I am buying up now. 15x profit is worth the risk. Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: