Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 10:50:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next block halving reward ? Price going ...  (Read 3848 times)
Orangina (OP)

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 08:14:19 PM

By the next block halving reward which will be 12.5 BTC as a reward (going to happen in late 2016 , early 2017) instead of 25 BTC (now)
Where the price is going , logically the price should go UP of course since there is less supply . How much the price could reach and can we see another scenario ? (price going down)

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:36:32 PM

By the next block halving reward which will be 12.5 BTC as a reward (going to happen in late 2016 , early 2017) instead of 25 BTC (now)
Where the price is going , logically the price should go UP of course since there is less supply . How much the price could reach and can we see another scenario ? (price going down)

You have answered your own question. Most likely to happen is the price will increase.

The only thing is..... What will the price be just before the block halving...

If it is $125 then we might see Bitcoin going over $200 or $250 after block halving.

Which means the price in late 2016 will be roughly the same as the current price now.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:38:34 PM

You have answered your own question. Most likely to happen is the price will increase.

If it is $125 then we might see Bitcoin going over $200 or $250 after block halving.

Which means the price in late 2016 will be roughly the same as the current price now.

Yes I think we can forget the 1'000 dollars per bitcoin , at the moment we can't reach 500 dollars. Maybe with the next block reward halving we will reach 400 dollars ( my personal opinion).
Orangina (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:48:46 PM

Yes I think we can forget the 1'000 dollars per bitcoin , at the moment we can't reach 500 dollars. Maybe with the next block reward halving we will reach 400 dollars ( my personal opinion).

Aw , you guys just broke my hopes I guess  Cry
and me who was planning to enroll in signature compaigns and hold a lot of bitcoins for the future
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:57:12 PM

Aw , you guys just broke my hopes I guess  Cry
and me who was planning to enroll in signature compaigns and hold a lot of bitcoins for the future

Don't be afraid, I was just giving an example. But it is possible.

Regardless of the price, signature campains are a great chance to earn free coins.

Save them and buy something nice with them once you have a decent amount Smiley
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:00:50 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 01:23:40 PM by Coinshot

All the talk of block reward halving shows desperation. At the end there is still inflation but its easily overcome when the trend is positive. Current the sentiment is poor so no amount of reward halving is going to change it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:53:30 PM

Its actually just 1800 BTC saved from being dumped. With that, I am not even sure, if it will make a difference . Right now, its speculated. But nothing is certain.

sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 12:06:01 AM

I think we might go close to 400-500 again after halving. But it is 2 years away right now. The increase or decrease would also depend on what the price is right before then.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3258

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:17:25 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 08:58:20 PM by odolvlobo

Where the price is going , logically the price should go UP of course since there is less supply .

After the halving, the supply will be about 15.8 million BTC and will continue to increase at the rate of about 660,000 BTC per year. The supply never goes down because bitcoins are not consumed.

Furthermore, the change in the rate is only 1800 BTC per day. That is insignificant compared to the current daily exchange volume of over 500,000 BTC per day. The halving will have no effect on the supply of bitcoins.

In the long term, halving reduces inflation, lessening the downward pressure on prices. In the short term, nothing will happen.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 05:46:34 AM

Where the price is going , logically the price should go UP of course since there is less supply .

After the halving, the supply will be about 15.8 million BTC and will continue to increase at the rate of about 660,000 BTC per year. The supply never goes down because bitcoins are not consumed.

Furthermore, the change in the rate is only 1800 BTC per day. That is insignificant compared to the current daily exchange volume of over 500,000 BTC per day. The halving will have no effect on the supply of bitcoins.

it does have a massive effect on inflation though, and also on the psychology of the market in general.

Technically the supply and inflation is known in advance, it's only adoption and 'velocity' that drive the price and these are the only unknowns.

However, by having less inflation, adoption may rise (as it's more profitable to use bitcoin as investment or at least as a hedge against inflation of whatever fiat currency your country has) and therefore the price could rise.

nextblast

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:30:35 AM

According to http://bitcoinclock.com/
The halving times will be a little earlier than expected:
Reward-Drop ETA: 2016-07-30 15:49:36 UTC (77 weeks, 5 days, 13 hours, 20 minutes)
Orangina (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:33:57 AM

Aw , you guys just broke my hopes I guess  Cry

Don't be afraid, I was just giving an example. But it is possible.

Regardless of the price, signature campains are a great chance to earn free coins.

Save them and buy something nice with them once you have a decent amount Smiley

That's the thing , I don't want to buy anything with them if the price is going UP you know
If the price is guaranteed to reach something like 700$ per BTC that would be nice Shocked so I sell them to my local currency .
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 06:40:02 AM

Don't get so hung up about the bitcoin price, unless your just into this trying to make a quick buck.
BTC is long term, what happens between now and the next block reward halving is the question.

Orangina (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:41:22 AM

Don't get so hung up about the bitcoin price, unless your just into this trying to make a quick buck.
BTC is long term, what happens between now and the next block reward halving is the question.

Yeah well , I'am not here to make a quick buck to be honest , but I don't want it to drop either .
Being stable or high is what I'am looking for , but going under 200$ per BTC is kinda bad for me to be honest :s
bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 06:52:41 AM

Yeah well , I'am not here to make a quick buck to be honest , but I don't want it to drop either .
Being stable or high is what I'am looking for , but going under 200$ per BTC is kinda bad for me to be honest :s
Sounds like you must have bought in at around the $200 mark, if you did count yourself lucky as lots of people got in at $500+ and are stressing now, not me.
I got my first coins at about the $350 then more just a few weeks ago at about $200, I'm not worried though, as long as i keep those coins safe in cold storage their value will go back up..... i hope  Wink
Just remember your not alone.
Nobody wants the BTC price to drop unless your shorting the BTC market.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 11:03:45 AM

mid 2016:

http://www.coindesk.com/spondoolies-tech-genesis-team-new-cloud-mining-service/

Orangina (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:59:50 AM

Sounds like you must have bought in at around the $200 mark, if you did count yourself lucky as lots of people got in at $500+ and are stressing now, not me.
I got my first coins at about the $350 then more just a few weeks ago at about $200, I'm not worried though, as long as i keep those coins safe in cold storage their value will go back up..... i hope  Wink

Okey mate , thank you for your answer
and btw , no I haven't bought any BTC to be honest , all my Bitcoins are full profit (selling Digital goods , services , sig compaign etc ...) I have nothing to lose to be honest but I would like to see it at high price so I can sell it instead of the current price  Roll Eyes
bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 12:29:50 PM

Okey mate , thank you for your answer
and btw , no I haven't bought any BTC to be honest , all my Bitcoins are full profit (selling Digital goods , services , sig compaign etc ...) I have nothing to lose to be honest but I would like to see it at high price so I can sell it instead of the current price  Roll Eyes
There are lots of everyday items you can buy with BTC already, why do you want to cash out?
Personally i have purchased many items with bicoin, even take away dinner and computer goods, i dont like spending them when then price is so low but hey i got to eat and sometime im short on fiat and just have to part with some of my BTC to get by.

My advise would be just hold your coins in safe offline storage, check the price each day and wait for things like the next block halving or even Gemini, the Winklevoss ETF, that small amount of coins you have could be worth quite a bit in a couple of years and all it cost you was time posting and a few goods you have sold.
Best of luck to you.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 12:30:53 PM

it may happen the same thing like doge, where the price go up before the halving, and then become stable and dumped again
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 03:43:01 PM

Aw , you guys just broke my hopes I guess  Cry

Even if the price stays at current range, you still have nothing to lose. Hang on there for few more years, and you should see the impact of block reward halving.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: