Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:09:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: this is allowed ? ( disturbing )  (Read 1534 times)
hangar18 (OP)

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:39:33 AM

***very disturbing caution ***
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=942014.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:43:44 AM

Only took a quick glance. The thread contains photos of a gruesome road accident showing the injured (now deceased) victim. The photos are very graphic. The warning is definitely warranted.

Just so the rest of you don't hop in there wondering what it's about.

On this topic... I didn't see anything that would be illegal but it's not BTC related for sure.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:46:15 AM

It should be labeled [NSFW] however other then that it is allowed. The forum likes to promote freedom of speech. 
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 08:44:41 AM

It should be labeled [NSFW] however other then that it is allowed. The forum likes to promote freedom of speech. 

Yep and its labeled NSFW allready, so just move on. Reminds me of rotten

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:21:07 AM

I agree, this is quite sick and shouldn't be allowed. freedom of speech or not, that not safe for anyone, not just NSFW.
ABitNut

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:24:59 AM

I agree, this is quite sick and shouldn't be allowed. freedom of speech or not, that not safe for anyone, not just NSFW.

Maybe in the shielded environment that you live in. There are places in the world where this is shown on the news. These particular photos are from Thailand, where they're not so squeamish about showing the harsh reality.
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:44:06 AM

Maybe in the shielded environment that you live in. There are places in the world where this is shown on the news. These particular photos are from Thailand, where they're not so squeamish about showing the harsh reality.

Regardless, Why would anyone in their right mind want to see something like that? if I am in a shielded environment, its for the right reasons.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 10:48:11 AM

-snip-
Regardless, Why would anyone in their right mind want to see something like that? if I am in a shielded environment, its for the right reasons.

If you like your cage thats fine, but not force others into it. You are free to not frequent the thread.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
ABitNut

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:51:32 AM

I agree with individuals deciding for themselves what they want to see or not. I disagree with this forum admins deciding what you get to see or not. As to why anyone would want to see it... Curiosity killed the cat? I took a look to provide a short description so others after me would have a better idea what is behind the link. Some would say every motorist should see images like that to make them aware of the brutal consequences of traffic accidents. I disagree with them too.

I tend to disagree a lot. After lunch even my stomach disagreed.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:05:46 PM

it has disturbing and nsfw in the title, what more do you want, you arent forced to click on it

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:42:27 PM

The off topic forum is by definition a place that might interest bitcoiners so I see no way that it belongs in it. It makes 0 sense that it's even posted there. If someone has interest in gore, go look at sites that are designated for it. I don't seen any relavance with gore and Bitcoin so it's rather pointless.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:15:34 AM

It may not be relevant to BTC, but it is in the off-topic section. So I guess it is okay.
atlantic miner

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:02:03 AM

it has disturbing and nsfw in the title, what more do you want, you arent forced to click on it

And this is deserving of public airing in a bitcoin forum why?
bf4btc

Activity: 568

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:06:30 AM

It is listed in the off topic section which is pretty much a catch all section where almost anything can be posted.

I do find it discussing that people actually want to post this kind of pictures like they have been posted. However I would find it even more discussing if such pictures were censored for arbitrary reasons

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:55:13 AM

Off-topic
Other topics that might be of interest to bitcoiners.

Some bitcoiners might be interested in stuff like this. After all, /r/wtf has 4.5 million subscribers.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:33:26 PM

Off-topic

Some bitcoiners might be interested in stuff like this. After all, /r/wtf has 4.5 million subscribers.

Sorry, I thought off topic means I can post anything I like.

I like gore  Grin

But if you guys didn't like it, I can close it

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:47:47 PM

as others have said it is posted in the off topic forum, stop bitching about nothing you're as bad as those people who post "admin delete my account" for attention when they could just not read the forum anymore, go use fucking aol message boards if you want something for kids and grandmothers

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
hangar18 (OP)

Activity: 676

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:33:53 AM

Off-topic

dangerous precedent ,and if bitcoiners they like the waste that exists in the deep web
will be allowed to post too?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 04:54:47 AM

Off-topic

dangerous precedent ,and if bitcoiners they like the waste that exists in the deep web
If you are referring to anything illegal then no.
ABitNut

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 05:21:52 AM

Off-topic

Illegal by the entity that claims authority over the poster or illegal by the entity that claims authority over this forum? Or both?

If I post something that every entity claiming authority over me allows, but an entity claiming authority over this forum deems illegal I reckon it will not be allowed on this forum. However, if I post something that an entity claiming authority over me deems illegal, but every entity claiming authority over this forum allows I reckon it will be tolerated.

The only rule I'm aware off that explicitly addresses this is "Trading of goods that are illegal in the seller's or buyer's country is forbidden.".
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 05:27:24 AM

Off-topic

Illegal by the entity that claims authority over the poster or illegal by the entity that claims authority over this forum? Or both?

If I post something that every entity claiming authority over me allows, but an entity claiming authority over this forum deems illegal I reckon it will not be allowed on this forum. However, if I post something that an entity claiming authority over me deems illegal, but every entity claiming authority over this forum allows I reckon it will be tolerated.

The only rule I'm aware off that explicitly addresses this is "Trading of goods that are illegal in the seller's or buyer's country is forbidden.".
It is my understanding that it is illegal to post instructions to access "illegal" darknet sites. So for example if someone posted instructions as to how to access Silk Road then that would not be allowed.

This rule is not listed in the unofficial list of official bitcointalk rules so I will need to try to find it.

EDIT: Actually yes the rule is listed in the unofficial list of official bitcointalk rules (although there is no reference). Rule number 11 says:
No linking to illegal trading sites.
ABitNut

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 05:44:30 AM

<snip>

Sadly this rule does not mention which authority determines if a site is illegal. And it only targets trading sites, so I'm actually thinking it is very related to the "no trading of goods that are illegal in the buyer's or seller's country" rule.

And what about all other activities that some authority deems illegal? Just one additional explicit rule that covers a very small case does not clarify much.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 05:53:14 AM

<snip>

Sadly this rule does not mention which authority determines if a site is illegal. And it only targets trading sites, so I'm actually thinking it is very related to the "no trading of goods that are illegal in the buyer's or seller's country" rule.

And what about all other activities that some authority deems illegal? Just one additional explicit rule that covers a very small case does not clarify much.
I would agree, it is likely very closely related to the "no trading of goods that are illegal in the buyer's or seller's country" rule. Although It would probably also apply to any site that engages in trading of anything that would be illegal to trade in the US.

I would say that US law would likely be the deciding factor if something is "illegal". The US constitution protects the freedom of speech and as a result there are very few things that are illegal to say/write about. Additionally it is both my understanding that the forum is hosted in the US and that theymos resides in the US/is a US citizen. I would say that it is probably safe to say that if something is illegal according to US law then it will probably be removed and if something is legal according to US law then it will remain (assuming it does not violate some other rule)
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 06:37:01 AM

I can't stand it when I see real graphic scenes.  I already know this stuff happens.  I can imagine what it looks like.  I'm not saying it's wrong and I don't think it should be banned.  I just prefer not to look at it.  I always change the channel on those anti-smoking commercials. 

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Inotanewbie

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 06:47:36 AM

I can't stand it when I see real graphic scenes.  I already know this stuff happens.  I can imagine what it looks like.  I'm not saying it's wrong and I don't think it should be banned.  I just prefer not to look at it.  I always change the channel on those anti-smoking commercials. 
The anti-smoking ads are designed to get you to want to stop smoking. If you cannot stand them then they are probably doing their job effectively.

Since the thread has a [NSWF] tag it should be acceptable, and you will be warned not to click on it that it is not safe for work prior to viewing (which would include potentially graphic scenes)

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: