Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:12:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can paypal get a scammer label ?  (Read 1505 times)
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 01:23:56 PM

Every time someone sets up a paypal service related to bitcoin it gets shut down and people lose their money. To save future losses I propose paypal be given a scammer label. I dont exactly know how this be accomplished but perhaps replacing the word "paypal" with "scammer" is sufficient Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Every time someone sets up a paypal service related to bitcoin it gets shut down and people lose their money. To save future losses I propose paypal be given a scammer label. I dont exactly know how this be accomplished but perhaps replacing the word "paypal" with "scammer" is sufficient Smiley
How about ScamCoin? It would make more sense when someone posts up a thread asking to trade 10BTC for 100 ScamCoins.
EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 03:39:54 PM

+1 LOL!

Nah, PayPal™ doesn't scam if you exclude absurd currency exchange rates and high transaction fees.  Cheesy
It's only a small number of PayPal users (<5%) who do the actual scamming. Honestly if Satoshi Nakamoto asked me to trade him BTC for PayPal, I would politely decline.

antares

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 03:56:43 PM

tell that to the paypal niggers that froze my account when I tried to withdraw 800 euros to my bank account that I received straight out of ebays hold. Because the transaction was "suspicious". Been with Gaypal and ebay for over 10 years now, never had a complaint/chargeback on my account. that bank account has been in there for over 5 years, and I have withdrawn to that account for years, but suddenly money that ebay sends me after keeping it from me for 21 days, with buyers that confirmed successful receipt gets blocked by egay/gaypal because it is suspicious that I want my money? Fuck those scammers
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 07:00:25 PM

Looks like you sort of got your way, anyways. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=62490

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
PayPal

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 07:01:03 PM

Why does everyone always pick on me...  Cry
grantbdev

Activity: 292

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 07:07:36 PM

Why does everyone always pick on me...  Cry

It's not you...it's us. And you.

Don't use BIPS!
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 07:12:38 PM

Why does everyone always pick on me...  Cry

Bitcointalk Donor acct 10 BTC, Bitcoin.de exchange acct +0.01 btc, Alpaca Socks 3.2btc, LadyBits on Cam4btc anything you want. 1 BTC $1 , Yay $32, aww fuck $17, oh shit $2, aww yea $2, Fuck yea $5, Hell Yea $9.5, wtf $7.5

Seeing paypal marked as a scammer on BitcoinTalk...
Priceless

Some things money can't buy, for everything else theres Bitcoin.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
vite
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 08:50:07 PM

Ive done some biz using paypal US, well its fairly small transactions but still I generally sell btc to trusted otc members when I buy purses for the wife and have bought btc using ppus
miernik

Activity: 334

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 06:40:49 AM

Paypal terms forbid using it for any virtual goods, it is to be used only for trading physical goods, shipped by post to a physical address, how difficult is that to comprehend?

There is one Paypal user who got an exception: VirWox

Everyone else who uses Paypal for anything else then a physically shipped product deserves to have problems - Paypal is not ever to be used for anything that is not a physically shipped product by mail - remember that forever, period. Even sellers who sell mobile phone SIM-lock unlock codes - which cost JUST SEVERAL DOLLARS EACH - and are a number that could be send by E-mail - send them by physical paper letter - although it increases cost and time of transaction - but there is no other way - even if its 5 dollars, break the rule and you'll lose money.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: