Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:39:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Magic Cards, Sealed Packs, More coming.  (Read 3156 times)
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 04:13:24 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2015, 04:00:54 AM by SaltySpitoon

Since starting to play Magic casually with some friends, I have enjoyed trading and buying/selling the cards just as much as the gameplay, I'm starting this thread as a test for what could become MTGOX2, the second Original Magic the Gathering Online eXchange. My intentions are to use Bitcoin payment processing in order to provide the highest quality magic the gathering singles, packs, sealed product, and supplies at competitive prices with greater service than you can find anywhere else online.

As there was enough interest in my initial thread, I have started listing what cards I currently have for sale. Below is a Deckbox.org link which is a handy tool that lists current stock, alphabetizes them, shows their condition, what set they are from, and other necessary info. It also shows an average value of the cards, the caviat being this price is not set by me, but from what I have seen, it is pretty close to accurate, so consider it a quote. I'll give you a more than fair price, as I plan to undercut all retailers by virtue of lack of overhead, and accepting Bitcoin in addition traditional payment methods. My goal is to find the customer base here so that I may be able to provide the largest stock of singles and products possible. What I can provide that no one else can, is hobby shop person to person service, without the hobby shop overhead prices tacked on top. I intend to sell singles, decks, sets, and other products to look out for. I will provide free consultation for new players, factory prebuilt decks, custom tailored decks around playstyle and budget, fair and exciting mystery lots, bulk sales, and discounts for paying with your Bitcoins!

I will constantly be updating the Deckbox.org link with inventory as I obtain more cards, sell cards, and sort through more of my boxes. If there is something in particular you are looking for that I don't have listed, feel free to ask. If you have any questions/comments/concerns/general hate and discontent or feedback in general, please let me know. If there is any interest, I will make a more intuitive site, and streamline the process, rather than just having a classifieds post on the forums.

As promised, the list:
Picture View: https://deckbox.org/sets/894863?p=1&v=v
Table View: https://deckbox.org/sets/894863?v=l&f=#                

Bear with me, as the list is a bit bare at the moment, I have a good chunk of my rares up there now, however I have a ton of cards to go with more coming in every day.

If you see something you like, shoot me a pm. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, general hate and discontent, etc please feel free to ask. If I don't have something listed that you are looking for, please don't hesitate to ask. I may have just not gotten around to listing it yet, or I may be able to find it for you cheaper than anywhere else!

UPCOMING PRODUCTS!
A lot more Mythics and Rares! (expected within the next few days)
Booster Boxes/Packs! (expected within the next few days)
Custom Built Metal/Wood deck Boxes and accessories (TBA)
Mystery Lots with Published odds, and valuable cards for more than just one winner!

FAQ

Q: Do I have to pay with Bitcoin?
A: No, I am open to traditional payment methods such as Paypal if you don't want to spend your coins, but there will be a 5% discount for paying with Bitcoin!

Q: Shipping Times?
A: I ship within 1-2 business days

Q: Shipping Options?
A: I will have standard shipping options listed, however I am happy to work with you on cost saving shipping plans.

Q: Do you offer discounts on multiple purchases?
A: Yes, the more you order, the greater % off your purchase will be, this stacks with the 5% off for paying in Bitcoin!

More to come

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Delarock

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 04:18:00 PM

I'm interested. PM sent.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 07:10:53 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 04:59:36 AM by SaltySpitoon

In the short time this thread has been up, I've recieved a couple pms/ people interested. Starting the thread at the time I did probably wasn't the best idea, so factoring that in, I think there is enough support to justify that I properly sort everything I have out, and draft up a Google Docs spreadsheet or something, so people can ctrl F to see if I have what they need. I'll have that drafted up and posted in the OP as soon as I'm done (that may take a while) thanks for your interest everyone that has contacted me, if there is anything specific you are looking for before I have the complete list drafted, please feel free to ask.

*edit* Quoting original OP here, so I can remove it from the OP to make updates less confusing.

Hey guys, at the moment I'm just gauging interest, however anyone who is seriously interested is welcome to pm me for actual card names I have for sale. I started playing Magic a few years ago casually with buds, and found out it really isn't as nerdy as people who don't know the game make it out to be. I've amassed a relatively sizeable collection, and have recently found the joys of actually dealing cards, that is looking around for really good deals like in bulk lots and overstock from WoTC vendors, and then finding players who are looking for singles or packs and selling them at a reasonable price that then allows me to increase my card holdings and repeat. In reality, I'd love to own my own shop, however overhead cost prohibitions would then require that prices be raised, and thats no fun. So I figured I'd start here, I figured Bitcointalk had the right demographic, and the ease of payment that Bitcoin allows would allow me to undercut places with overhead and sell cards for strictly their player to player value.

That said, I've got $0.10 cards, and I have $100 cards. No lotus or anything like that, but a relatively sizeable collection that I feel could supply most casual players, and some of the more hardcore players as well. If the service if people are interested, I'll be able to sell packs, singles, booster boxes, premade decks, or anything that a new or old player would find useful. And perhaps I may even purchase cards if I can create a cycle. If you are interested, please either pm me, or respond to this thread in a meaningful way that isn't spam, and I'll go from there.

Thanks,
SaltySpitoon

*edit* Answering a PM something I should have addressed, for those not wanting to trade their Bitcoins, I would accept other means of payment found often in the Currency Exchange section here. Paypal would be accepted for orders that are large enough to need a shipping option that has tracking, and various things like that could be worked out. I'd just rather stay away from Ebay, as after a 15% fee, I tend to end up in the red.
michaeladair

Activity: 448

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 07:15:45 PM

In the short time this thread has been up, I've recieved a couple pms/ people interested. Starting the thread at the time I did probably wasn't the best idea, so factoring that in, I think there is enough support to justify that I properly sort everything I have out, and draft up a Google Docs spreadsheet or something, so people can ctrl F to see if I have what they need. I'll have that drafted up and posted in the OP as soon as I'm done (that may take a while) thanks for your interest everyone that has contacted me, if there is anything specific you are looking for before I have the complete list drafted, please feel free to ask.

It'd be pretty cool if you made a website out of this and maybe even bought people's cards... But I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that, maybe paying after you receive.

bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 07:17:22 PM

i find it astonishing there are some people still into this stuff.
michaeladair

Activity: 448

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 07:18:44 PM

Some people find it More exhilarating to play in person rather than online or whatnot...
I mean, I'd play with Pokemon cards (if they didn't have all those stupid new cards) if someone would play with me.

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 07:48:27 PM

It'd be pretty cool if you made a website out of this and maybe even bought people's cards... But I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that, maybe paying after you receive.

That is the endgoal if the endevor is successful. I just didn't want to front the startup costs if no one was interested, so for now I'm working with what I have, if people get into it, I'll actually start trying to stock/market singles/packs/accessories.

I was a 90s kid, so when Pokemon came out, I was all over it. Magic however is the only card game that hasn't really changed over the 21 years its been around. I mean they release new cards every year, but for the most part, you can take cards from 1993 and play them with your 2014 cards and they still work together (depending on what format you are playing) Wizards of the Coast, responsible for Pokemon Cards/Magic Cards/ quite a few others, does what they do well. They know how to create scarcity in their trading cards and make that an integral part of a competitive game. The biggest draw is the competitiveness, and the fact that you will never play the same game twice, there are something like 20,000 cards in existance, if you have 60/100 cards in your deck, and you play someone else with 60/100 cards in their deck, the chances of a game playing out the same way twice is near impossible.

Some people find it More exhilarating to play in person rather than online or whatnot...
I mean, I'd play with Pokemon cards (if they didn't have all those stupid new cards) if someone would play with me.

Completely agree, I played pokemon when I was a kid, and got some of the old cards a few years back as nostalgia pieces, got rid of them as soon as I realized they were useless compared to the new cards. They alienated the original fanbase by changing the game mechanics too significantly.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:08:12 PM

Salty, it might be worth it to put the time into cataloging your cards on deckbox.org.  They let you list your cards by series and condition, and give an average price from various price sources for each card.  It also lets you sell and trade via the site, if you're ever looking to get fiat as well.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:20:26 PM

Salty, it might be worth it to put the time into cataloging your cards on deckbox.org.  They let you list your cards by series and condition, and give an average price from various price sources for each card.  It also lets you sell and trade via the site, if you're ever looking to get fiat as well.

-Fuse

Very good idea, thank you, I will definitely do so, although I may use MTGPrice, as thats sort of the standard in the MTG Comparison market, besides StarCityGames, and they offer a similar service. I'll check out both and see which is better. Thank you, Thats a lot better than a googledocs spreadsheet. Also, as a side note, if I do end up making a dedicated site, there is no way that I wont name it some variation of MTGOX. (For those that don't know, MTGOX was originally a Magic the Gathering Online eXchange before becoming a BTC exchange)

*edit* I've also got a CNC Mill I'm itching to use, so I might make custom deckboxes and other accessories from woods/metal. (Not handcarved!)
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:31:39 PM

I look forward to this site, and hope it transforms into a bitcoin exchange one day

hi
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:50:44 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 12:11:48 AM by SaltySpitoon

I look forward to this site, and hope it transforms into a bitcoin exchange one day

If I get that far, I think I know just the guy to contact who can help me make it successful. *Dials up Mark Karapeles*

*edit* So as an update, Deckbox.org allows for public viewing of my collection, however it uses a lot of symbols, a strange pricing algorithm that can't be filtered. MTGPrice uses a nicer collection layout, and accurate prices, but people can't view the collection, unless I export it to a txt file or something similar. Will figure out which to use shortly and hopefully start listing some cards.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:36:19 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 08:20:51 PM by SaltySpitoon

Ebay Auction just listed for Foil Griselbrand! http://www.ebay.com/itm/171667656603?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Pay with Bitcoins, and recieve 10% off!
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 09:08:55 PM

I was a 90s kid, so when Pokemon came out, I was all over it. Magic however is the only card game that hasn't really changed over the 21 years its been around. I mean they release new cards every year, but for the most part, you can take cards from 1993 and play them with your 2014 cards and they still work together (depending on what format you are playing) Wizards of the Coast, responsible for Pokemon Cards/Magic Cards/ quite a few others, does what they do well. They know how to create scarcity in their trading cards and make that an integral part of a competitive game. The biggest draw is the competitiveness, and the fact that you will never play the same game twice, there are something like 20,000 cards in existance, if you have 60/100 cards in your deck, and you play someone else with 60/100 cards in their deck, the chances of a game playing out the same way twice is near impossible.

i used to be into yigioh. loved it. but now i just can't reconnect with it. maybe it's different with magic. yugioh seems to be for kids now. Smiley
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 09:12:00 PM

Where is you Black Lotus card?

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 09:23:25 PM

i used to be into yigioh. loved it. but now i just can't reconnect with it. maybe it's different with magic. yugioh seems to be for kids now. Smiley

I think the difference is that Magic was always aimed at an older audience. Pokemon/Yugioh and other card games that were marketed at children didn't evolve to maintain their original audience, so they went from marketing to 1990s kids, to 2000s kids, to 201X kids. So when you went from 8 to 18, they did nothing to try and maintain their old userbase, relying on new 8 year olds to play rather than retaining their original customers. Magic aimed at the 13-29 market when it came out, 10 years later, a large part of people that started playing when it came out were still catered to by WoTC, and 10 years later still their original nostalgic cards are still competitive with modern cards, so theres no reason for them to quit playing. Wizards still does a good job of integrating their 1993 cards with their 2015 cards, unlike other card series. That $200 Holographic Charzard you pulled out of a pack of pokemon cards as a kid isn't competitive in the slightest today due to rule changes, various mechanics changing, and number scaling.

Where is you Black Lotus card?

If I thought there was an active market for one, and I wouldn't get stuck holding a $6,000 card I'd get one. That said, I've got a few rare and valuable cards (more coming in) but nothing of the power 9 tier.

still updating my deckbox link, about 5,000 more cards to go if not more.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 09:29:11 PM

If I thought there was an active market for one, and I wouldn't get stuck holding a $6,000 card I'd get one. That said, I've got a few rare and valuable cards (more coming in) but nothing of the power 9 tier.

jk Smiley

Anyway, its a very nice collection you have sir.

Last time I played must have been in 1994 or so.
Did not hold on to my cards though, they got lost over course of time, it would have been fun to still have them today.
(I never owned Black Lotus, but if I recalled right, it was notorious even back then)

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:06:32 PM

jk Smiley

Anyway, its a very nice collection you have sir.

Last time I played must have been in 1994 or so.
Did not hold on to my cards though, they got lost over course of time, it would have been fun to still have them today.
(I never owned Black Lotus, but if I recalled right, it was notorious even back then)

You should see if you can find any of them. I have a couple of cards from Alpha that are around $120 each, but $0.10 as modern reprints. If you find an old box of alpha cards, there doesn't have to be a Lotus in it to make you a very happy person.
Delarock

Activity: 388

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 05:01:35 PM

The market for Power is plenty active. You'd be surprised how easy it is to move anything on the reserve list.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 05:58:41 PM

Conspiracy Booster Packs that were set to arrive today did not, anyone interested has an additional day to decide if they want any, before I rip them open and sell the singles! I do not do any preorders here. I sell only what I have on hand, payment for booster packs will not be accepted until I have the packs in hand. More cards added to stock today, will continue to add at least a few hundred cards per day.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:32:31 AM

Is anyone interested in Fate Reforged (the most current set) Booster packs? If so, mention so in this thread or send me a PM, I've got some boxes on the way with opportunity to order more if people are interested.
(MSRP $4/Pack)
1 Pack: $3.50
5 Packs: $16.50
10 packs: $32.50 with free shipping!

For larger orders, we can work out deal details.

Fate Reforged currently has one of the highest amount of money cards for the price. I did extremely well on my first box opening, which is why I'm ordering more. If people are interested in sealed packs at below MSRP, let me know and I'll order additional boxes.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: