Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:13:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin were at a constant price, more people would use it.  (Read 1248 times)
yeponlyone (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:50:18 AM

If Bitcoin were at a constant price, more people would use it. I think this is the case cause only if it is CONSTANTLY $200 or constantly $50, will people use it to store value. If it goes up and down then people lose too much money trying to control their own funds and will lead to them using banks (Angry). Oh well..
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:56:08 AM

I agree. The prices is to instable for a lot of companies to accept it. Better a lower price with lower flucuations insteed of a lifetime rollercoaster.
Purple Wayne

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:57:07 AM

Not necessarily. The fluctuations in price are what make it attractive to speculators and investors. If it remained stable none of those people would be interested. With that being said I personally think it will stabilize at some point in the future but the current fluctuations are good to get newcomers involved and for early adopters to make some money from it.

I only wanted 2 see u underneath the Purple Wayne.
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:58:00 AM

No. I disagree. Its the price fluctuations that make it attractive and not stability.
tadakaluri

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 11:58:09 AM

If Bitcoin were at a constant price, more people would use it. I think this is the case cause only if it is CONSTANTLY $200 or constantly $50, will people use it to store value. If it goes up and down then people lose too much money trying to control their own funds and will lead to them using banks (Angry). Oh well..

I agree 100% with you. Atleast not this much of volatile.......
yeponlyone (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 12:48:35 PM

I agree. The prices is to instable for a lot of companies to accept it. Better a lower price with lower flucuations insteed of a lifetime rollercoaster.

My thoughts exactly.
yeponlyone (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 12:49:00 PM

No. I disagree. Its the price fluctuations that make it attractive and not stability.

Attractive to day traders not ACTUAL users.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 12:51:43 PM

we're still in the early value determination phase. it will stabilize.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 01:29:21 PM

Exactly.
amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 01:30:26 PM

If Bitcoin were at a constant price, more people would use it.
1) Constant price with USD? Euro? Russian Rouble? Argentine peso?
2) Who would be responsible for it?
Solange

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 01:31:39 PM

I don't think this is true. People may have more faith in it as a currency and won't be scared off by price collapses but there's a lot of people buying bitcoin to capitalize on the fluctuations etc.

Exactly.

I hope you're right.
amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 01:37:01 PM

Exactly.
At zero  Grin
yeponlyone (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 01:58:07 PM

Exactly.
At zero  Grin

+$250 is my guess.
yeponlyone (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 01:59:02 PM

1) Constant price with USD? Euro? Russian Rouble? Argentine peso?
2) Who would be responsible for it?

Id say with USD. Of course it would still fluctuate.
2) the market!
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:01:34 PM

For every property, there is a market for it. If Bitcoin price were static, then there were no Bitcoin trader. Wink

Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 02:34:21 PM

Other than people, it would also lead to more businesses using it. Perhaps the idea is not towards a constant, fixed price like what you think... a little fluctuation would be enough to give businesses more time to react and decide whether to hold on to the coins. Currently a $50 dollar or more changes in just 24-hour period is not exactly the ideal scenario on what we like to see happening.

Good for traders and speculators but not for businesses.

TalkTalk

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:01:55 PM

I assume it doesn't matter much how volatile the price is for businesses, provided that they accept payments in Bitcoin, but state them in USD or EUR (or else) and then convert the coins to their currency. I mean, if it functions as a payment method, but not a currency, it's more or less okay for anybody.

But I agree, it can real get scary with these fluctuations Smiley
heskey

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:03:04 PM

We need investors at the moment so the price wobbling is a good thing.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
OhMyCoin

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

Long live Bitcoin.

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:04:26 PM

Although we are just speculating here, but this would be my guess as well.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:06:45 PM

The volatility is good for investors/traders but not for average folks who are looking to use it to make purchases with. I agree that some sort of stability is needed fore more adoption. The risk of losing value by storing in BTC is not appealing to the masses.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: