Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:47:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS 25BTC Casascius  (Read 2035 times)
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 12:38:14 AM

If you peel it my starting offer for the redeemed coin is .25 + shipping.

cointemplate (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:00:25 AM

Unredeemed ones go for 28 but if I can't sell fast and redeem it, I'll PM you
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 02:14:39 AM

Unredeemed ones go for 28 but if I can't sell fast and redeem it, I'll PM you

Well I hope it sells for you...if you have any of the silver 10's let me know!
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 02:26:34 AM

I offer 0.3

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 02:41:23 PM

I offer 0.3

I will also like to put a bid or two in for a redeemed coin.
The coin looks very nice.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:53:51 PM

http://casascius.uberbills.com/?address=1GDnff8bkVkgmVr4PMxGW9vUEagtf8khEP here be the coin in question
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1348

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:33:30 PM

If you redeem it, can you please film the redemption and post online? Obviously only post the video once it's redeemed. Always wanted to see a clear and good Casascius coin redeeming video.
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 09:30:38 PM

its a bit upsetting that it seems better to peel a casascius then to sell it. such a waste, though it makes them even rarer.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 09:40:12 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 10:25:19 PM by hedgy73

Does anyone know how many of these are unredeemed?

EDIT: Just checked on uberbills and it says 545 unredeemed and 288 redeemed.

Stunning coin by the way OP. I hope you find a way to either hopefully keep it or sell it unredeemed, it's such a shame when nice coins are redeemed.
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 10:18:10 PM

I mean, if i had the available btc, id be most happy to buy it. i really don't comprehend how this cant be sold for 26 or 27 at a minimum.

hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:27:16 PM

I mean, if i had the available btc, id be most happy to buy it. i really don't comprehend how this cant be sold for 26 or 27 at a minimum.

I agree I'd buy it too if I had the spare funds, surely these are worth considerably more unredeemed than redeeming for 25btc and selling the empty coin?
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 10:53:47 PM

These coins simply do not sell well with any premiums attached. A few months back 2weix was trying to sell one and ended up peeling it. I never really cared for these particular coins from Mike.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:04:14 PM

These coins simply do not sell well with any premiums attached. A few months back 2weix was trying to sell one and ended up peeling it. I never really cared for these particular coins from Mike.

I can understand not many people have the funds to buy one still funded, its a pretty big outlay.

That's funny I've always liked this design more than most. What's do you think is the best looking Casascius coin?
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 11:19:46 PM

I can understand not many people have the funds to buy one still funded, its a pretty big outlay.

That's funny I've always liked this design more than most. What's do you think is the best looking Casascius coin?

I do not think it is really the price, but who knows. Personally any of the silver with gold BTC on them...by far. I would happily pay a 5-6BTC premium for one.
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:22:32 PM

Yep, the market for physical coins is now really slow, but the higher the denomination they harder it is to sell a coin. Having those illiquid BTC is really risky, instead you can buy some 1 BTC Casascius and sell 1-2 in case you need the BTC.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:30:32 PM

I do not think it is really the price, but who knows. Personally any of the silver with gold BTC on them...by far. I would happily pay a 5-6BTC premium for one.

25btc+ ($5700+) is quite a lot to invest for most people (me included) in a single coin when btc value is so unstable. Yes the silvers with gold 'B' are very nice too Smiley.

Yep, the market for physical coins is now really slow, but the higher the denomination they harder it is to sell a coin. Having those illiquid BTC is really risky, instead you can buy some 1 BTC Casascius and sell 1-2 in case you need the BTC.

I think you're dead right there, its easier to take a hit or sell on smaller denomination coins rather than big ones.
Timbits

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:32:41 PM

its to nice
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 12:33:19 AM

I anticipate that in the future these will be much easier to sell, as those with bigger amounts invested gain interest.

hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 12:42:15 AM

I anticipate that in the future these will be much easier to sell, as those with bigger amounts invested gain interest.
I'm sure they will buddy, also as the others are slowly redeemed the unredeemed will surely become more valuable.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:14:40 AM

This coin: http://www.spotcoins.com/bitcoin/casascius/address/1GDnff8bkVkgmVr4PMxGW9vUEagtf8khEP
This variety: http://www.spotcoins.com/bitcoin/casascius/variety/25-btc-series-2

There are 355 Series-2 25BTC coins still active. The 25BTC coins were both low mintage, and saw the highest redemption rate of any Casascius issue (besides the 1000BTC coins).

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: