Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:02:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Barn Quilt Trail 2.0  (Read 3619 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 03:39:17 AM

That image does not contain a valid qr code or the system i have can't read it.

It's a valid QR code, except for the eyes. I had to undo all the color changes and the rotation to get it to scan, but it goes to the Optiscan webpage.

Not practical.... yet.

Are you saying that a multicolored QR-code won't work?

It won't work for my app, which is not all that robust yet. they just added QR support with this point release.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 05:11:08 AM

It's a valid QR code, except for the eyes. I had to undo all the color changes and the rotation to get it to scan, but it goes to the Optiscan webpage.

Not practical.... yet.

It won't work for my app, which is not all that robust yet. they just added QR support with this point release.

Surely, you're not taking about the colored example I used earlier in this thread, are you? Or are you speaking in general terms about all/any colored QR-codes? All the example QR-codes I used in this thread were for discussion purposes only and I have no idea where they link to.

~Bruno~
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 05:25:24 AM

Not practical.... yet.

Surely, you're not taking about the colored example I used earlier in this thread, are you? Or are you speaking in general terms about all/any colored QR-codes? All the example QR-codes I used in this thread were for discussion purposes only and I have no idea where they link to.

~Bruno~

I am indeed speaking of the bug/alien up there at the top of the thread. The "faaabulous" one, I could not get to scan regardless of what I did to it. I think the curves screwed up the detection algorithm. I think multicolored codes would still be doable, so long as the "whitespace" is clearly lighter than the "dark space" and the colors of the darker areas don't vary too far off the same saturation space. Basically, keep the "white" areas to pastels, and the "dark" areas to very heavy colors.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 07:00:34 AM

Not practical.... yet.

~Bruno~

I am indeed speaking of the bug/alien up there at the top of the thread. The "faaabulous" one, I could not get to scan regardless of what I did to it. I think the curves screwed up the detection algorithm. I think multicolored codes would still be doable, so long as the "whitespace" is clearly lighter than the "dark space" and the colors of the darker areas don't vary too far off the same saturation space. Basically, keep the "white" areas to pastels, and the "dark" areas to very heavy colors.

Good advise! I will read up, again, the make-up of QR-codes before I proceed. This thread was created for anybody to offer up suggestion.

~Bruno~
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 08:08:19 AM

Here's an example of what I was talking about:

The image above scans perfectly fine in the program I use, so it almost certainly will scan in any other.

I made this by using the "We accept Bitcoin" text as a selection mask and coloring the light sections a pastel red, and the dark sections a darker red. The theory should work with any other picture we care to put on there, so long as the color differences are about equal. Red, of course, isn't the only color possible, I just picked it for how well it stands out against black.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 02:55:26 PM

Here's an example of what I was talking about:

The image above scans perfectly fine in the program I use, so it almost certainly will scan in any other.

I made this by using the "We accept Bitcoin" text as a selection mask and coloring the light sections a pastel red, and the dark sections a darker red. The theory should work with any other picture we care to put on there, so long as the color differences are about equal. Red, of course, isn't the only color possible, I just picked it for how well it stands out against black.

I'm diggin' it! In the spirit of quilt designs, I think we need to come up with a design/color-scheme for the three corner blocks (all the same).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: