Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:25:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS Rolex Perpetual DateJust (2010 model)  (Read 1555 times)
cointemplate (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:11:13 PM

I need to sell some things quick! I'm selling my 25btc casascius even tho I really dont want to let it go...

My old Rolex is also for sale, got it as a present in 2010 from my super rich uncle. I've worn it for about 2 years and then the little thing to change the time stopped working but the watch itself is still working perfectly! I'd rather sell it because it's over 300$ to fix and IMO it's not really worth it to have something worth 10k on your wrist when you can barely afford going to college.

I need money quickly so whichever sells first, (the coin or the watch) is the one I'm going to sell.

The watch looks exactly like this one (ill post the link at the end of the post), I can also try to dig out the certificate if you want it.
Since it's broken I won't start it with a quote, I'll take the first reasonable offer

http://www.bernardwatch.com/Rolex/Datejust/RLX6326
apmapm12

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:06:29 PM

I need to sell some things quick! I'm selling my 25btc casascius even tho I really dont want to let it go...

My old Rolex is also for sale, got it as a present in 2010 from my super rich uncle. I've worn it for about 2 years and then the little thing to change the time stopped working but the watch itself is still working perfectly! I'd rather sell it because it's over 300$ to fix and IMO it's not really worth it to have something worth 10k on your wrist when you can barely afford going to college.

I need money quickly so whichever sells first, (the coin or the watch) is the one I'm going to sell.

The watch looks exactly like this one (ill post the link at the end of the post), I can also try to dig out the certificate if you want it.
Since it's broken I won't start it with a quote, I'll take the first reasonable offer

How about you post a picture of YOUR watch instead of the stock one. I'd be interested in this if it's not a fake.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:59:11 PM

Pictures of the Rolex please!
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 11:17:55 PM

there was somebody last summer here who tried to pass off a fake Rolex. not saying this isn't legit, but use caution.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:25:13 PM

pix w/ username in it?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

cointemplate (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:55:03 AM

I took 2 pics and they're here : http://imgur.com/0MS4urH,lHSZdJi#0

It's not the exact same model as I linked but they look almost identical, I think i have the older generation of the model and if i can dig out the certificate I can tell you the exact model.

Looking to sell ASAP so please PM me if you're serious about this
camolist

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 01:28:29 AM

WTS Rolex Perpetual DateJust (2010 model)
I think i have the older generation of the model and if i can dig out the certificate I can tell you the exact model.

you should find that certificate if you want this taken seriously..nothing you have said adds up

The 16234 "sapphire quick-set" is a discontinued model. It was replaced with the Rolex 116234 in 2006. The 16234 first hit the market in 1987.

its a 2010 model but its the old model of something released in 87 and discontinued in 06? 

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:34:27 AM

Picture with your nick on it please.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:57:16 AM

do you have a picture of this so claimed rolex you have? if so, with a btc id pic would be great. I have a friend who buys watches all the time, so i may flip it to him.

cointemplate (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:07:42 AM

WTS Rolex Perpetual DateJust (2010 model)
I think i have the older generation of the model and if i can dig out the certificate I can tell you the exact model.

you should find that certificate if you want this taken seriously..nothing you have said adds up

The 16234 "sapphire quick-set" is a discontinued model. It was replaced with the Rolex 116234 in 2006. The 16234 first hit the market in 1987.

its a 2010 model but its the old model of something released in 87 and discontinued in 06? 

I thought it was a 2010 model because thats when I got it. It has a slight tiny difference from the pics, I can tell because Ive worn mine for years. I'll send you guys the certificate, it's still it my parents house and in 2010 i was still living with them. In the end, uninterested buyers are whining about technicalities I have said (no I'm not a watch guy and I don't know the whole history of rolex)
cointemplate (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:12:11 AM

do you have a picture of this so claimed rolex you have? if so, with a btc id pic would be great. I have a friend who buys watches all the time, so i may flip it to him.

I posted an imgur link earlier if you read my comments
homeless hacker

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:00:45 AM

Use an escrow when sending this. Bobsurplus is going to be your best bet. Those claiming they are interested probably only have dust in their pocket. Good luck.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:11:39 AM

Yep... That's one old Rolex, not that there's anything wrong with that. But the pics you posted show a watch in clear distress.. The Oyster band is showing signs of ware and tbh.. Its got an ugly face!

I'll pass but good luck with the sale.
cointemplate (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:01:25 PM

Yep... That's one old Rolex, not that there's anything wrong with that. But the pics you posted show a watch in clear distress.. The Oyster band is showing signs of ware and tbh.. Its got an ugly face!

If the price was right would you buy it? Let's say 4.25btc

I really need btc and the local watch shop offered me 1200$ CAD for it

(I'm hoping someone in the us buys it for btc because btc to cad is 300$ right now while its around 240 for USD)

If i sell the watch to him and then buy btc, I'm gonna end up with around 1100 or less because of the stupid fees btc sellers take
elephantas1

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:10:48 PM

(I'm hoping someone in the us buys it for btc because btc to cad is 300$ right now while its around 240 for USD)

If i sell the watch to him and then buy btc, I'm gonna end up with around 1100 or less because of the stupid fees btc sellers take
wait 4 times lower price than new one? is it broke or something? i think im missing something here
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 09:32:38 PM

wait 4 times lower price than new one? is it broke or something? i think im missing something here

Welcome to Business 101 Tongue
that's how they make a profit.

Also, check this site out; they specialize in buying used rolexes http://www.bobswatches.com/sell-rolex-watch

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:32:27 AM

Not really man. I like watches and I love rolies but yours is in bad shape. The offer you got for $1200 is a fair one and if I were you I'd take it. Someone sent me a pm yesterday regarding your watch for sale and asked in my opinion what it was worth.

My reply was "Without any papers or proof that the watch is even legit I'd stay away personally. The watch itself in it's condition assuming its real is worth about $1500- $2500
The band has stretch, just to fix that you'll need to purchase a new band ($500-$900). The watch is old, You're supposed to service a Rolex every 5 years to make sure the seals are good and don't dry out. Servicing the watch alone will cost at least $500. Then you need to take into account the fact that the seller said the crown is busted and it wont set the time or date properly. This could be a $20 pin or a $1000 movement. Your guess is as good as mine."

So its worth $1500-$2500 on the top end if you find a naive buyer.. like I said.. Take the $1200 and run!! At $1200 there's enough on the bone for your local watch shop to fix it up and flip it for 3-4K.

Good luck man.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:36:41 AM

Welcome to Business 101 Tongue
that's how they make a profit.

Also, check this site out; they specialize in buying used rolexes http://www.bobswatches.com/sell-rolex-watch

Im a big fan of bobswatches....You just gotta remember that these watch guys are in there to make money, so make sure you know what you want, what your buying, what its worth, is it all original? box papers ect, what year is it, has it been serviced, pressure tested, what condition is the band in... ect....... all these variables can add or take off from the value of a fine timepiece and an informed buyer is always a smart buyer.
cointemplate (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:23:21 AM

Not really man. I like watches and I love rolies but yours is in bad shape. The offer you got for $1200 is a fair one and if I were you I'd take it. Someone sent me a pm yesterday regarding your watch for sale and asked in my opinion what it was worth.

My reply was "Without any papers or proof that the watch is even legit I'd stay away personally. The watch itself in it's condition assuming its real is worth about $1500- $2500
The band has stretch, just to fix that you'll need to purchase a new band ($500-$900). The watch is old, You're supposed to service a Rolex every 5 years to make sure the seals are good and don't dry out. Servicing the watch alone will cost at least $500. Then you need to take into account the fact that the seller said the crown is busted and it wont set the time or date properly. This could be a $20 pin or a $1000 movement. Your guess is as good as mine."

So its worth $1500-$2500 on the top end if you find a naive buyer.. like I said.. Take the $1200 and run!! At $1200 there's enough on the bone for your local watch shop to fix it up and flip it for 3-4K.

Good luck man.

The one posted on the website on my first post is a secondhand in slight better shape than mine, I still feel like the 1200 is a rip off

I'll dig out the certificate and try ebay, the jewellers I've been to know how to spot fakes and I know mines 100% rolex Smiley

This forum was still worth a try, maybe when the btc price hits 100k people on here might possibly consider a rolex :p but thanks guys, always gonna love this community
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:47:10 AM

Good luck man.

The one posted on the website on my first post is a secondhand in slight better shape than mine, I still feel like the 1200 is a rip off

I'll dig out the certificate and try ebay, the jewellers I've been to know how to spot fakes and I know mines 100% rolex Smiley

This forum was still worth a try, maybe when the btc price hits 100k people on here might possibly consider a rolex :p but thanks guys, always gonna love this community

Just because you "feel" something to be a rip off does not make it so. A Rolex is no different from a Honda or a home when it comes to pricing... These things have a market value and you cant fight that. Dont be mad at the business owner who offered you fair money, who then needs to put more money into the watch to be able to sell it. You're Rolex is Old, beat up and BROKEN.. you think its worth a million?

And the btc price has nothing to do with people not wanting to buy your watch. Its your watch that has prospective buyers at bay.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: