Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:13:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vegemesta restaurant in Helsinki accepting Bitcoin  (Read 2052 times)
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 09:12:13 PM

Anyone in Helsinki wanna confirm?

https://twitter.com/vegemesta/status/226416345619763202

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 11:40:07 PM

I can confirm it. This is made possible by the joint efforts of Bittiraha.fi and Bitpay. Vegemesta is first trying it out in one of their Helsinki restaurants and hopefully expanding Bitcoin acceptance to their other restaurants later on. They have half a dozen restaurants in Finland.

I'm excited about this. It's the first of many to come, Bittiraha.fi is committed to delivering Bitpay's wonderful payment system to merchants all over Finland. We're only getting started.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
grantbdev

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 11:59:28 PM

I can confirm it. This is made possible by the joint efforts of Bittiraha.fi and Bitpay. Vegemesta is first trying it out in one of their Helsinki restaurants and hopefully expanding Bitcoin acceptance to their other restaurants later on. They have half a dozen restaurants in Finland.

I'm excited about this. It's the first of many to come, Bittiraha.fi is committed to delivering Bitpay's wonderful payment system to merchants all over Finland. We're only getting started.

This is awesome.

Don't use BIPS!
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 02:05:02 AM

Keep on kickin' ass Smiley
hxtop

Activity: 1071
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 03:13:08 AM

Perhaps in the near future you will see a Chinese restaurant and cafe have BITCOIN application. Then I do because I've been going to do this, I have found investors interested in friendsChina's BITCOIN market development program can contact me
swemp@qq.com
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 03:50:29 AM

Grin Grin Grin Cool Cool
Would this be the first (mini)chain accepting bitcoin?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 03:51:05 AM

photos or it didn't happen Smiley

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 09:09:55 AM

Grin Grin Grin Cool Cool
Would this be the first (mini)chain accepting bitcoin?

I think so.  The only other "restaurants" are the one in New York, Whiskey Dicks in Orlando (might be only one location), and the food delivery service GrubGo in St. Louis.

Feel free to post some more, but these are all I have at the top of my head.

I wish more places in London, Paris & Rome accepted bitcoin.  It would have avoided most of these fees; however, I'm not sure how much fees I'm really paying.  It seems like my bank might refund them... I don't know.

However, I would feel more secure if I paid in bitcoin, this much is true.

However, then I'd have to get a wi-fi connection, and I'm not confident on the security of that just yet.

If I connect to wi-fi, then are programs that automatically logged in (e-mail) broadcast unencrypted?  I've been assuming unencrypted, which is why I'm not using it.  However, if someone is more knowledgeable, I'd love some guidance.  Feel free to start this in another post, or just PM me if you know about this.  Thanks!

~ciao

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 12:39:30 PM

I'm unable to confirm this with pictures yet. The next time I'll visit Helsinki is in a couple of weeks, I will go there then and take a few pics. Smiley

This is for real but it's important for Bitcoin users to go there and try them out. If they like Bitcoin they will surely expand Bitcoin payments to their other restaurants as well.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 12:47:49 PM

I doubt there will be more than a handful of bitcoin purchases but I hope they like it nonetheless.

kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 05:36:20 PM

It is vegetarian burger restaurant. Great food Smiley I'll visit it when I return to finland.

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 12:54:05 AM

However, then I'd have to get a wi-fi connection, and I'm not confident on the security of that just yet.

If I connect to wi-fi, then are programs that automatically logged in (e-mail) broadcast unencrypted?  I've been assuming unencrypted, which is why I'm not using it.  However, if someone is more knowledgeable, I'd love some guidance.

With open Wi-Fi, anyone else using that connection can see everything that anyone else on that connection is sending and receiving. Regular HTTP traffic is unencrypted and is not safe to use on open Wi-Fi, but HTTPS is encrypted and secure. SMTP email is also unencrypted and unsafe, but ESMTP and POP3 have optional TLS/SSL encryption - make sure you enable it if you email provider supports it.

TOR traffic is encrypted, but is viewable by the exit node operator, so you shouldn't use TOR for unencrypted protocols such as HTTP and SMTP, regardless of your Wi-Fi security. TOR hidden services are fully secure.

Note that Bitcoin does not require encryption to be secure - everything transmitted is going to end up in the publicly viewable blockchain anyway, and is protected from tampering by hashing and digital signatures.

Also, when using secure Wi-Fi, check what type of security is being used: WEP can very easily be cracked with standard tools, and should not be relied upon for security. WPA/WPA2 is safe.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 09:31:21 PM

will be nice to add location here
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Real_world_shops

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: