Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:52:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BetterFried Labs introduces a new line of chips for miners!  (Read 11942 times)
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 09:44:57 PM

We will be offering different cuts, depending on how you like your chips ie different thicknesses, and the option to ask for unseasoned, light, normal, or heavy on whichever seasoning we will be using, for each variety we will be offering.

Right now we are about to start work on figuring cook times, chip thicknesses, etc, by trial and error of course, as thats the most delicious method. Then once we have figured out the basics, we will move onto simple seasonings, such as the classic salted or salted and peppered chip, and finding the most pallet pleasing amounts of seasoning. Then we will start working on our different seasonings. I will start uploading pictures as we get cooking. We and our test group are preparing to eat a lot of chips.

Litely Salted chips will be of minimal Difficulty for your body, though I can't say whether or not they will be very highly adopted compared to more eye-catching varieties.

We don't honestly believe we can compete with the large companies, our goal is to become a regional chip, such as Utz. But what we are hoping to do is establish a niche. Our chips will be made from much better quality materials, therefor they are much more delicious. An extra cost does come across, but there is always a time when you need a better quality chip. Also, all of our materials will be coming direct from the local grocery store, so if the consumer cares, they can feel better knowing they won't be eating various chemically engineered flavors.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 11:16:22 PM

Flavours from the gutter -----

1. Dot Chock Fudge  Shocked
2. Silicone Salt
3. Calimari (Octopus) rig
4. Digital dill pickle  Kiss
5. BBQ Bitcoin

Tell the board your favourite...

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 11:47:53 PM

Flavours from the gutter -----

1. Dot Chock Fudge  Shocked
2. Silicone Salt
3. Calimari (Octopus) rig
4. Digital dill pickle  Kiss
5. BBQ Bitcoin

Tell the board your favourite...

They all sound good. The only one on there that we will not be attempting is the Calamari rig flavored. Seafood flavorings are very hard to create naturally, and normally require actual dried powdered seafoods. I don't want to mess around with that kind of thing, due to the risk of sending someone into anaphylactic shock due to a seafood allergy.

I can even see trying the fudge kind. Whats better than a treat thats sweet, salty, and crunchy? (I may have described a chocolate covered pretzel, but chocolate chips would do the same, and be better in my opinion)

Oh, and just an update, the process is in motion, pictures will be coming up asap as well as various test info.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 12:08:13 AM

bbqr code flavour Smiley

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 12:30:48 AM

I'm loving all of the creative names and flavors being tossed out, keep them coming.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 01:25:27 AM

Will you ship them internationally ?

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 01:59:10 AM

Will you ship them internationally ?

Mush here, making chips now, about to post some pictures, we made a special bitcoin chip. Anyway, yes we will ship them internationally if you are willing to pay the price for shipping, I'm not sure on the details of sending snacks overseas, or how well they will fair (you dont want to eat chip dust obviously) but we will look into it. On a side note, I will say that the chips seem pretty hearty, because they are thicker than standard chips.

Is anyone interested in buying some right now? We could ship out a few batches, but please post here soon, so we can make them.

So far they taste great, but they come out a bit burnt, but seriously these are way better than any chips I've had so far. Right now we are trying out the SHA256 Salt N Pepper flavor, and its awesome.

Anyway, if you would like to order some please POST HERE, and we will respond to you ASAP (salty is making chips as I write this) The pictures will be up within the hour, most likely in 20-30 minutes.

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:46:25 AM

Ok! Picture time, here's the progress so far. Sorry if the pictures are big, but don't they look good?

Heres what we started with:
https://i.imgur.com/FH7l5.jpg

we then went to step two, slicing
https://i.imgur.com/e0NKV.jpg

Then we need to soak the slices, this removes excess starch, and makes the chips crispy
https://i.imgur.com/k8aeY.jpg

Then you need to dry them before adding them to the hot oil (water and hot oil doesn't mix well)
https://i.imgur.com/AB4BU.jpg

This is the first introduction of potato to fryer
https://i.imgur.com/smOMG.jpg

So the cooking begins
https://i.imgur.com/chMqF.jpg

The final product, cooked a little bit more than we planned, but they were delicious.
https://i.imgur.com/BzaLm.jpg

And as promised, we will be making chips in shapes and with images, Mush cut this one with a knife, but we will be using a stencil to cook on an image rather than cut, but this was the first attempt.
https://i.imgur.com/teygd.jpg

And here's how it turned out, not quite perfect, but it was the first try. And yes, I should be a hand model
https://i.imgur.com/QlWKr.jpg
Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 03:03:15 AM

Whoops...so this is serious...all my flavours were taking the piss out of it..."Dot Chock Fudge" in Australia actually translates from slang to "Ass hole shit"...bit tangy?!?!?

Dot = Arse...Dot Chock = shove up your arse...Fudge = shit (like USA fudge packers)........

muuuuuhahahhahahahaha

Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 03:06:24 AM

Whoops...so this is serious...all my flavours were taking the piss out of it..."Dot Chock Fudge" in Australia actually translates from slang to "Ass hole shit"...bit tangy?!?!?

Dot = Arse...Dot Chock = shove up your arse...Fudge = shit (like USA fudge packers)........

muuuuuhahahhahahahaha

Digital dill pickle = Dildo...as in vibrater for ladies...or fudge packers

muuuhahahahah MK2

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:20:03 AM

muuuuuhahahhahahahaha

Digital dill pickle = Dildo...as in vibrater for ladies...or fudge packers

muuuhahahahah MK2

Well I appreciate your input. I suppose we could create "adult toys" from potatoes, but I can see that going very badly, so we will just stick to chips.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:46:27 AM

Ever wondered why half the bag of chips in a commercial package is all air? It's to prevent chip dust like you were worried about. If you take a standard bag of chips and stack 10 bags vertically, the bottom one will act like a balloon to protect its contents. Additionally, the empty air space is filled with an inert gas such as nitrogen, instead of plain air which would impart a stale flavor.

Just some tips for shipping. Wink

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 04:00:08 AM

I appreciate the tips, but I think we will be alright during shipping. We put a batch of chips into a big brown paper grocery bag, and shook the hell out of it, and no chips broke. The difference between our chips is, they are much thicker than lays for example. If you feel like pulling out a ruler, our chips are about 30 millimeters, so there is actually a noticable thickness, but of course we will test it, before shipping them out. 
Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 04:29:05 AM

If I may make a recommendation for whipping tests...

Through extensive theoretical testing, I have determined that the ulitmate durability test for shipping should involve cramming a brown paper bag with 2 fistfuls of chips, then delicately strapping it between a juicy raw rump steak and the back of a midget clown (prefereably dressed as a KKK clan member or Nazi as this increases the risk assessment integrity IAW ISO 2002). Take said midget clown to one end of your local football field and tell the midget his (or her) task is to run from one end to the other and therby exit the arena.

Now comes the technical assessment side.

Around the area you are to place a number of small terrier class dogs whom have not been feed for at least a day but 3 is preferable. If you have said midget clown dressed in a KKK/Nazi styling and wish to obtain a higher level of credability then approach your nearest oppressed / minority group and ask them to assist by attempting "pay back" on said KKK/Nazi midget during the 100m sprint section.

The assessment.

Fire the starters guns then release the hounds / howling mobs. The runner has 2 minutes to complete the obsticle course or the event ceases, which ever is first.

The results.

Remove the chip packaging from between what remains of the steak / midget sandwhich and assess intact rate of chips against the 4 standard categories (below in ascending order).
4. Shithouse - nothing left of the midget or steak let alone a chip
3. 3rd world - chips are semi- intact but you wouldnt feed them to a refugee
2. Finger-Licking-Good or simply FLG - these babies are semi intact and you can seperate chips from flesh to get the intended chip flavour such as "dot chock fudge"
1. Holy shit , a miracle or HSAM - through an act of good at least 3 chips are intact. Good for DHL shipping.

P.S. this is a joke and if your upset then lighten up...

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 04:39:15 AM

If I may make a recommendation for whipping tests...

Through extensive theoretical testing, I have determined that the ulitmate durability test for shipping should involve cramming a brown paper bag with 2 fistfuls of chips, then delicately strapping it between a juicy raw rump steak and the back of a midget clown (prefereably dressed as a KKK clan member or Nazi as this increases the risk assessment integrity IAW ISO 2002). Take said midget clown to one end of your local football field and tell the midget his (or her) task is to run from one end to the other and therby exit the arena.

Now comes the technical assessment side.

Around the area you are to place a number of small terrier class dogs whom have not been feed for at least a day but 3 is preferable. If you have said midget clown dressed in a KKK/Nazi styling and wish to obtain a higher level of credability then approach your nearest oppressed / minority group and ask them to assist by attempting "pay back" on said KKK/Nazi midget during the 100m sprint section.

The assessment.

Fire the starters guns then release the hounds / howling mobs. The runner has 2 minutes to complete the obsticle course or the event ceases, which ever is first.

The results.

Remove the chip packaging from between what remains of the steak / midget sandwhich and assess intact rate of chips against the 4 standard categories (below in ascending order).
4. Shithouse - nothing left of the midget or steak let alone a chip
3. 3rd world - chips are semi- intact but you wouldnt feed them to a refugee
2. Finger-Licking-Good or simply FLG - these babies are semi intact and you can seperate chips from flesh to get the intended chip flavour such as "dot chock fudge"
1. Holy shit , a miracle or HSAM - through an act of good at least 3 chips are intact. Good for DHL shipping.

P.S. this is a joke and if your upset then lighten up...

As a black jewish little person I find this very offensive
Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 04:46:11 AM

I just wanted to say that I love the name "Butterfried labs"

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:51:26 PM

Alrighty, testing day 2 begins. We have what we believe to have perfected our "SHA 256" SaltnPepper chip and our original salt chip after hundreds of batches. We are now changing how the potatoes are sliced, going more for the traditional circle cut instead of the long cut, as we believe that they will cook a bit more evenly this way. I will honestly say, these are the best chips I'v ever had. As for how they taste, think about boardwalk cut french fries, but chips instead of fries, I would say they are similar to that, but with a better seasoning mix. We may or may not work on fixing the "special chips" today, but we will be looking for a more viable method of getting the correct shapes and pictures on them.
CecilNiosaki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:12:28 PM

Curiously, how are you packaging these for shipping? And what are you charging?
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:14:00 PM

Will there be a Yahoo Press Release?

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:21:27 PM

Curiously, how are you packaging these for shipping? And what are you charging?

We are trying to figure out the best way to ship them, and how many we can ship for what costs, we will try and figure this out in the next day or two.

Will there be a Yahoo Press Release?

We are being interviewed by Steve Jobs as we speak.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: