Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:37:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: monster energy drinks bullying hobbyist forums!  (Read 2169 times)
illpoet (OP)

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 12:27:26 AM

hey all! besides mining and gambling bitcoins one of my other hobbies is that i breed african cichlids.    Anyhow among fishkeepers, the forum Monsterfishkeepers.com is tops, everyone in the hobby goes there.  Now they are being threatened with a lawsuit by Monster energy drinks for the Use of the word Monster, and the letter "M" in their logo.  Monsterfishkeepers owns the trademarks for their name and their logo, but in no way can afford to defend a lawsuit vs a large corporation and monster knows this.  I think this is absolutely shameful that a corporation could actually legal claim to have exclusive rights to a common word, or the fricking letter m!  So i'm boycotting monster, which kind of sucks bc i drink them a pretty good bit. and i signed the petition.  You can read more about it and sign the petition here:  http://support.monsterfishkeepers.com/  ,
thanks!

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 12:30:57 AM

Wow, what a bunch of dicks. Are they going to sue McDonalds next because the "M" is too similar? Fucks sake.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 12:33:30 AM

i breed african cichlids.

Just so nobody makes the same mistake as me, those are fish, not a mangling of the word "childs".

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 12:38:12 AM

Just so nobody makes the same mistake as me, those are fish, not a mangling of the word "childs".

lmao

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
illpoet (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 12:53:50 AM

lol yeah cichlids are fish and not childs.  I sent them a letter and left out the letter "m" from the whole thing for fear of being sued over it.

thank you.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 02:57:28 AM

You had e worried there, for for a inute I thought note was Bruce Wagner. I' boycotting 's & 's also.

~Cackling Bear~
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 03:41:06 AM

Well, if I drank energy drinks (which I don't... It would be a waste), I know which one I'd pick, simply based on corporate behavior:

Red Bull made nifty little "bullduinos" that they distributed to makers all over the country.

Monster sued a hobbyist group over a letter in their logo... which looks nothing like the Monster logo.

Yeah... Red Bull much cooler people than Monster.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 03:47:22 AM

wtf? The energy drink company doesn't even own Monster.com! Whatabuncha maroons.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 03:49:18 AM

Wow, what a bunch of dicks. Are they going to sue McDonalds next because the "M" is too similar? Fucks sake.

Actually, I remember that some girl in Chicago got sued by McDonald's for something equally ridiculous...

Her last name was McSomething (let's just say it was McCoy).  Anyway, she decided to hold a fundraiser for charity.  She organized the entire thing herself and all of the proceeds were going to go to some charity.  She actually managed to raise tens of thousands of dollars if I remember correctly...all for charity.

Then, McDonald's sued her because she called the charity event the 'McFest' or 'McFestival' or something.

doobadoo

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 04:07:29 AM

This what happens when you have a legal department.  They talk endlessly about ways to sue people, how its necessary...Then they take company money and sue people for no reason, and with no chance of a monetary award. 

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
Tittiez

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 04:24:26 AM

Reminds me of Apple.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 06:05:37 AM

Well, if I drank energy drinks (which I don't... It would be a waste), I know which one I'd pick, simply based on corporate behavior:

Red Bull made nifty little "bullduinos" that they distributed to makers all over the country.

Monster sued a hobbyist group over a letter in their logo... which looks nothing like the Monster logo.

My brother, an avid Mobster 2 player (meow), use to set up and maintain the machines that package 5-hour Energy®. The stuff came in as power form and mixed in giant vats with...wait for it...tap water. Then it's put in those attractive tiny bottles that sell for what? $3.95?

~Bruno~
nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 05:47:10 PM

My brother, an avid Mobster 2 player (meow), use to set up and maintain the machines that package 5-hour Energy®. The stuff came in as power form and mixed in giant vats with...wait for it...tap water. Then it's put in those attractive tiny bottles that sell for what? $3.95?

~Bruno~

It's a lot cheaper (and effective) to shoot up B vitamin complex, but not quite as convenient as 5 hour energy and the like.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 06:07:26 PM

What a bunch of idiots.... It would be a different story if this forum was using their name for profit somehow....

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 08:18:34 PM

Sounds like what happened a few years back with Rock Art Brewery vs. Monster Energy Drink. Monster backed off only after all the publicity Rock Art Brewry created via youtube and local TV stations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbG_woqXTeg

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 08:34:42 PM

Uhm, McDonald's anyone?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 09:04:09 PM

Hahaha LMAO! Thanks for making me laugh dude Smiley
illpoet (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 09:18:04 PM

some great responses here.  i figure the only way to stop monster is to generate a bunch of bad publicity, which is why im off topicing all the forums i go to.  thats funny about the five hour energy and and shooting up b vitamins.  I know that short of the caffeine in red bull you can get all the same energy boosting chemicals from eating a red apple.  It reminds me of the guy that chik fil a is suing because he makes t shirts that say "eat more rutabagas".   I'd really like to boycott chik fil a over that but gd their sandwhiches are good.  Monster isn't quite so hard bc if you drink one of them even slightly warm it tastes like cough syrup.  anyone have any ideas of how to get the word out about them? Youtube is a good idea, i was thinking of spending a few days calling in to talk radio shows as well.  doubt it will do much but like the old lady who pissed in the sea said "every little bit helps"

thank you.
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 03:46:09 AM

some great responses here.  i figure the only way to stop monster is to generate a bunch of bad publicity, which is why im off topicing all the forums i go to.  thats funny about the five hour energy and and shooting up b vitamins.  I know that short of the caffeine in red bull you can get all the same energy boosting chemicals from eating a red apple.  It reminds me of the guy that chik fil a is suing because he makes t shirts that say "eat more rutabagas".   I'd really like to boycott chik fil a over that but gd their sandwhiches are good.  Monster isn't quite so hard bc if you drink one of them even slightly warm it tastes like cough syrup.  anyone have any ideas of how to get the word out about them? Youtube is a good idea, i was thinking of spending a few days calling in to talk radio shows as well.  doubt it will do much but like the old lady who pissed in the sea said "every little bit helps"

Youtube is a good start, perhaps the owner or operators could make a video explaining the situation, similar to what Rock Art Brewery did in 2009.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 07:34:14 PM

Youtube is a very good start. Try some trend riding tags. Don't forget twitter facebook, etc - but do the youtube first and link it all back to there. If you can get your pals on the forums to make some videos  (even if its just guys talking at the camera, or maybe some nice fish shots would help) that would be enough to get you started. I have gotten some of my posts on national media using this system. I would be glad to help you get this topic trending and put their monster balls in a vice.  PM me if you like.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: