Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:29:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: so much for decentralisation ....  (Read 1911 times)
a fool and his money ... (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:50:03 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-elite-meet-secret-island-bilderberg-style-retreat/
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:54:43 PM

What can they do? Print federal reserve notes? Create a central bank? Blow up the wtc and blame Iraq?

Bitcoin will remain Bitcoin no matter what they discuss in private
Blazr

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:57:17 PM

What a sensationalist article. A secret meeting yet they openly posted about it on this forum and invited people to come:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934599.0

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:01:04 PM

What a sensationalist article. A secret meeting yet they openly posted about it on this forum and invited people to come:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934599.0

they posted to tell us there is no more free space available. Great. What's the meeting about? Will we the press and media be allowed?

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:01:42 PM

What can they do? Print federal reserve notes? Create a central bank? Blow up the wtc and blame Iraq?

no Bitcoin will become Gavincoin - Bitcoin is over
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:07:09 PM

no Bitcoin will become Gavincoin - Bitcoin is over

Well then fork it and enjoy your fudcoin, let's see which one will be worth more.
Blazr

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:19:57 PM

Admittedly I do not know who a lot about Bruce Fenton, I know he ran for election for the Bitcoin foundation, but I noticed something that is somewhat concerning.

I've been doing some digging into this website satoshiroundtable.org for fun. The whois information for it shows:

Code:
Tech Name:Bruce Fenton
Tech Organization:AF
Tech Street: 167 Washington Street
Tech City:Norwell
Tech State/Province:Massachusetts
Tech Postal Code:02061
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.6173814907
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email:domainadmin@fdvt.com

The WHOIS information for fdvt has the same address:

Code:
Tech Organization: FDVT
Tech City: Norwell
Tech State/Province: MA
Tech Postal Code: 02061
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.7819824911
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext.:
Tech Email: domainadmin@fdvt.com

Now for the weird/conspiracy bit, check out the website http://fdvt.com

FDVT was founded in 1985.  We provide solutions to help understand changes in our world.  Specifically we provide IT consulting, Internet consulting, social media consulting, security and economic advisory consulting.

Customers of FDVT include:

US Army
US Navy
US Coast Guard
US Air Force
US Postal Service
US Postal Inspector Service
FBI - Federal Bureau of Investigation
IRS - Internal Revue Service
DEA - Drug Enforcement Agency
Veterans Administration
City Of New York and New York Police Department (NYPD)
Eastern Bank
TCF Bank
Bank of America

Why does this company FDVT has some connection to the Satoshi Roundtable? This is concerning.

altcoin hitler

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:39:29 AM

Admittedly I do not know who a lot about Bruce Fenton, I know he ran for election for the Bitcoin foundation, but I noticed something that is somewhat concerning.

I've been doing some digging into this website satoshiroundtable.org for fun. The whois information for it shows:

Code:
Tech Name:Bruce Fenton
Tech Organization:AF
Tech City:Norwell
Tech State/Province:Massachusetts
Tech Postal Code:02061
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.6173814907
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email:domainadmin@fdvt.com

The WHOIS information for fdvt has the same address:

Code:
Tech Organization: FDVT
Tech City: Norwell
Tech State/Province: MA
Tech Postal Code: 02061
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.7819824911
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext.:
Tech Email: domainadmin@fdvt.com

Now for the weird/conspiracy bit, check out the website http://fdvt.com

FDVT was founded in 1985.  We provide solutions to help understand changes in our world.  Specifically we provide IT consulting, Internet consulting, social media consulting, security and economic advisory consulting.

Customers of FDVT include:

US Army
US Navy
US Coast Guard
US Air Force
US Postal Service
US Postal Inspector Service
FBI - Federal Bureau of Investigation
IRS - Internal Revue Service
DEA - Drug Enforcement Agency
Veterans Administration
City Of New York and New York Police Department (NYPD)
Eastern Bank
TCF Bank
Bank of America

Why does this company FDVT has some connection to the Satoshi Roundtable? This is concerning.

thanks for posting.
The best people are the 'everything's normal'-people

Well then fork it and enjoy your fudcoin, let's see which one will be worth more.

tell you what: both with be worthless

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 10:24:14 AM

Lucky I wasn't invited to the party.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:28:13 AM

Such sour responses in this topic, while it actually is a fitting comparison. The simple fact that all systems at some point will move towards centralisation for the sake of efficiency is something most people here will never be able to understand. Then again, quite a few people here believe that anarchist ideas will lead to some kind of blissfull society that miraculously makes things work in the absence of organisation. Decentralisation is the largest enemy of Bitcoin (ironically of course), and that is what will kill it in the end. At this point, it is even less efficient than democracy will ever be.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:30:49 AM

Should be fun... I'll be there and let you guys know how it unfolds!

Wink
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 10:52:39 AM

Whatever decision made from there is not going to affect us. Eventually majority of the community has to agree for any major changes they want to adopt. Just take it that it will just be any normal exchange ideas meetup.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 12:16:54 PM

they will do a BTC QE1 !

http://de.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ul53u/questions_on_satoshi_roundtable_not_secret_just/

waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:08:38 PM

Such sour responses in this topic, while it actually is a fitting comparison. The simple fact that all systems at some point will move towards centralisation for the sake of efficiency is something most people here will never be able to understand. Then again, quite a few people here believe that anarchist ideas will lead to some kind of blissfull society that miraculously makes things work in the absence of organisation. Decentralisation is the largest enemy of Bitcoin (ironically of course), and that is what will kill it in the end. At this point, it is even less efficient than democracy will ever be.

so what the hell are we doing here? We could aswell just make it central like facebook tokens. Your arguments do hold no value at all. In fact your comment is spam.
Blackbeards

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:08:51 PM

it will not affect much with bitcoin
just to makes popular and more popular Cheesy
altcoin hitler

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:53:39 PM

[sarcasm]Oh noes! Are they going to force me to install a new version of the software with rules I don't want? Are they going to make EVERYONE install the new version? Man, this is really scary.[/sarcasm]

Yes they are because your opinion is irrelevant if you don't hold more than 2% of hashpower or coins or run a popular exchange, apparently.

The users have no say whatsoever and if you are not holding that hashpower or huge bag you will have to follow, holliday. That's the direction we are going to.

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 06:38:31 PM

[sarcasm]Oh noes! Are they going to force me to install a new version of the software with rules I don't want? Are they going to make EVERYONE install the new version? Man, this is really scary.[/sarcasm]

Yes they are because your opinion is irrelevant if you don't hold more than 2% of hashpower or coins or run a popular exchange, apparently.

The users have no say whatsoever and if you are not holding that hashpower or huge bag you will have to follow, holliday. That's the direction we are going to.

hitler is wrong again  Tongue

altcoin hitler

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 07:10:19 PM

Congratulations. You are now at infowars:
http://www.infowars.com/bitcoin-elites-plan-secret-bilderberg-style-confab/

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:34:04 PM

mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:49:52 PM

I am wondering why the Bitcoin hardcore does not take any action. Is it not BTC about decentralisation, freedom, no secrets? Smiley

Try to think a little bit. Who is behind Bitstamp, Coinbase, Kraken, BTC-China, Ripple? Take a look ! Roger Ver, Micky Malka, Erik Voorhees and another 2-3 people. Yes, these people control 90% from BTC Smiley

They funded all these exchange businesses so they control them.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: