Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:31:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Cryptsy Users: Somethings Very Wrong With Cryptsy Lately. Be Advised.  (Read 2887 times)
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:37:05 AM

I at least give poloniex credit for de-listing certain coins that are over the top garbage.

Then why do they list them in the first place?  While Bittrex gives advance notice, "This coin will be delisted in 2 weeks if the daily volume does not exceed .2 BTC", Poloniex sells you a coin and the next day they say they're delisting it, no discussion, no warning.  In December Poloniex announced 17 delistings in one day of coins that apparently weren't worth having - which was over 10% of all their coins.  And why?  To make room for new crap that they will eventually delist.

All of these exchanges are in bed with the scamcoin and shitcoin creators - all of them. Some exchanges even make own coins. There is no exception. All of the exchanges are corrupt.

Even Realsolid at mcxNOW?
No way! He'd never come out with a Real-coin or RealSolidcoin and start his own exchange to sell it... Tongue
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:33:05 AM

Not to point out the obvious white elephant in the room, but the problem with Cryptsy are all the altcoins.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 09:55:12 AM

Why the fuck would anyone EVER store any significant amount of coins on an exchange, especially one like cryptsy. Seriously. You're basically ASKING to get ripped off.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Sage (OP)

Activity: 632

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:03:49 AM

Why the fuck would anyone EVER store any significant amount of coins on an exchange, especially one like cryptsy. Seriously. You're basically ASKING to get ripped off.

Until we get a viable P2P exchange counter party risk is something we have to live with.  Transferring coins in, doing the trade, then transferring them out.  That is if the exchange honors the actual deposit & withdrawals... Which Cryptsy, so far, has failed to do in this particular case.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:33:19 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 11:43:45 AM by toknormal

Why the fuck would anyone EVER.....
....invest in a fiat plumbing system for banks in the first place.

(And then choose Cryptsy to cash it out).

Cryptsy coin loss procedure:

[1] - create order
[2] - procedure complete

ok - now I've had my comedy mileage out of this case I'll try to help a bit if I can:

Cryptsy, in my experience has 2 characteristics:

[1] - their platform is probably the buggiest in the world (e.g. when I traded there I encountered all sorts of hair-stand-on-end conditions such as negative balances and such. I managed to trade my way back to something that looked sensible but I had to check back every day to check some 'ghost order' hadn't come back to f*ck up my portfolio). That's how bad it is, so your experience doesn't surprise me in the least

[2] - on the positive side I never found them to be willingly malicious. They usually did try to sort things out, it's just that the platform was so unbelievable crap that it was difficult to tell

I would keep trying. Try a few things to 'reset' your account such as:

- deposit and withdraw a tiny few ripple to 'clean' the pipes (seriously ! that's the type of thing you need to do over there)
 - do the same with a trade. Buy and sell a few ripple to attempt to force a balance update etc
 - keep trying to contact Cryptsy and use alternative channels such as twitter etc
 - if you don't get anywhere in another couple of days just raise merry hell
 - if you don't get anywhere in 2 weeks write the whole lot off and put it down to bad experience and don't buy any ripple or use cryptsy ever again

Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 12:07:58 PM

Yeah. I was the lucky one as well as I never had any issue thus far using their service. Considering they have been so long in the business there's really no reason for them to have some isolated case jeopardize their reputation. Following this closely to see the final outcome.

tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 09:32:49 PM

Yeah. I was the lucky one as well as I never had any issue thus far using their service. Considering they have been so long in the business there's really no reason for them to have some isolated case jeopardize their reputation. Following this closely to see the final outcome.

I haven't made thousands of trades, but easily in the hundreds. A problem every once in a while, but never anything that wasn't resolved by waiting a couple of minutes or by logging off and back on. Also, I keep my few alts (currently only holding LTC and DOGE) in offline storage.
If I experienced an issue for days, like the OP, that they couldn't fix- I, too, would be upset.
MEPHuk

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 12:13:55 AM

Very interesting, will be keeping a eye out now with deposits. Thanks for the heads up !

MEPHuk

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:37:09 AM

Just a little update, had a few deposits go to cryptsy, and everything seems to be fine so far. Hopefully, this is just a problem with the op's account, which, hopefully, gets fixed soon Cheesy

Sage (OP)

Activity: 632

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:21:40 PM

UPDATE:

I want to keep the community updated.  And clarify the situation for anyone who might be a Cryptsy user, and of course be more then fair to Cryptsy.

It took way too long, but this issue has finally been resolved. 

The good news is Cryptsy wasn’t running with the coins.  Thank God.  The coins were deposited in the wrong account. 

While Cryptsy handled the customer support poorly, ignoring us for days at time, the good news is, Cryptsy wasn’t running with the cash.

Hopefully this was an isolated incident and/or Cryptsy streamlines their client support.  All things considered, I’ll tentatively continue business with them when necessary.
WhalingWhales

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:13:21 PM

I at least give poloniex credit for de-listing certain coins that are over the top garbage.

Then why do they list them in the first place?  While Bittrex gives advance notice, "This coin will be delisted in 2 weeks if the daily volume does not exceed .2 BTC", Poloniex sells you a coin and the next day they say they're delisting it, no discussion, no warning.  In December Poloniex announced 17 delistings in one day of coins that apparently weren't worth having - which was over 10% of all their coins.  And why?  To make room for new crap that they will eventually delist.

All of these exchanges are in bed with the scamcoin and shitcoin creators - all of them. Some exchanges even make own coins. There is no exception. All of the exchanges are corrupt.

Yes this is very true, that's how the shit/scamcoins get on there to begin with. Bter was proven to have made its own coin to pump and dump. (At least one)

Small teams making money from unaware investors- the game is to rigged to even bother
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 10:25:54 PM

If I had to chose only place to leave coins for day trading purposes then that would have been poloniex. Anything else is a big risk imo.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: