Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:40:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 4.723 BTC for USD  (Read 4605 times)
apmapm12

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:13:18 AM

Guy was pretending to be scammed hoping someone would feel sorry for him and send first. Then he scams.
I think it was probably actually to build trust. He was hoping that by being a "victim" of multiple scams he was hoping that the eventual buyer would believe him when he said he sent the bitcoin.

The problem is that anyone who has enough trading history to have a good amount of trust will know to verify the receipt of funds prior to sending funds of their own

The thing is that it would have worked with me potentially, because if he would have dealt with me I would have sent first to show I was legit about unloading my PP balance. Oh well.
Shane Bellone (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:15:02 AM

Spartan... I'm going to bed. I have school in the morning. Once you receive the BTC please send the USD to my paypal. I hope you are as honest as they say.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:19:31 AM

Guy was pretending to be scammed hoping someone would feel sorry for him and send first. Then he scams.
I think it was probably actually to build trust. He was hoping that by being a "victim" of multiple scams he was hoping that the eventual buyer would believe him when he said he sent the bitcoin.

The problem is that anyone who has enough trading history to have a good amount of trust will know to verify the receipt of funds prior to sending funds of their own

The thing is that it would have worked with me potentially, because if he would have dealt with me I would have sent first to show I was legit about unloading my PP balance. Oh well.

Huh? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=944399.msg10342258#msg10342258

I'm sure people are gonna be more suspicious about you now and paypal funds coming from a hacked account...
Shane Bellone (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:21:20 AM

Check the blockchain now. It just arrived....

https://blockchain.info/address/1GMArUyd34aqU5HnyDKFFaQgNtkvqCMRQV
Shane Bellone (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:28:08 AM

Spartan... please send me my money. The transaction has been confirmed.
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:29:48 AM

nice now u have to wait for him to come back on hes not logged in right now but i think your safe with him
bf4btc

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:34:20 AM

I have to admit that I was willing to bet that the OP was a scammer. I do still have my suspicions with him though. If he attempts to trade with anyone in the future I would strongly advise not to send funds either without escrow or until you can independently verify a transaction has confirmed

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:39:50 AM

I have to admit that I was willing to bet that the OP was a scammer. I do still have my suspicions with him though. If he attempts to trade with anyone in the future I would strongly advise not to send funds either without escrow or until you can independently verify a transaction has confirmed

Yeah there's something fishy. He's accused two people on this forum of scamming him. There are three options.

1) They scammed him.

2) A scammer impersonated them on skype.

3) He wasn't scammed and was trying to put himself in a situation where someone would trust his newb self enough to send first to him.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
Shane Bellone (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:41:33 AM

Option 1.... ding ding ding... we have a winner.
bf4btc

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:44:14 AM

Yeah there's something fishy. He's accused two people on this forum of scamming him. There are three options.

1) They scammed him.

2) A scammer impersonated them on skype.

3) He wasn't scammed and was trying to put himself in a situation where someone would trust his newb self enough to send first to him.
I think it is a variant of number 3. I think he purposefully took a long time to send so the next time he wants to trade with someone, they will have less hesitation in sending funds to him after he claims to have sent bitcoin to them.

I find it somewhat hard to believe that it would take any exchange that long to send that small of an amount of bitcoin

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:45:56 AM

Option 1.... ding ding ding... we have a winner.

Do you have PM's from either of them with a bitcoin address in it? Or are you saying all conversations were on skype?

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
Shane Bellone (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:06:31 AM

I have adresses on Skype. Guess what though...

Your beloved Spartan never sent the money, never commented and probably will never came back online.
CatchYouMate

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:24:52 AM

What happened at all ? 0 BTC 0 Paypal ? or what ? I got this correctly ?
Shane Bellone (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:54:58 PM

Yep. I lost 4.7 BTC because 0/3 people were honest and all of them are still members here.
RockMinerOops

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:32:54 PM

Ok I've seen enough.  You lost 4.7 btc because you are an idiot.  I reread that supposed slype convo and guess what?  I was messaging you like 6 times telling you to send me your skype name because you didn't add me.  Probably right at the same time.  Why wouldn't you have whoever you were talking to on Skype confirm it was the person her (me, HBO go, or anyone else)?  Do NOT drag me through the mud on this because of your stupidty.  Sorry you supposedly "got scammed", but its looking more like you are either completely brain dead, or tried to scam yourself.
Shane Bellone (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:50:19 PM

Yet you added me on Skype and took my money. Say what you want but that's the truth.
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:24:33 PM

Your beloved Spartan never sent the money, never commented and probably will never came back online.

lol nobody told u to send first to anyone, everyone was saying use escrow. Anyways he still hasnt logged back on yet so just wait.
motjemi

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:29:29 PM

You have to be the stupidest user I've ever seen. It would have took 2 minutes to PM the 2 users to verify their identities on skype before sending that much BTC. Even after you got scammed 2 times, you didn't learn your lesson and sent $600 without escrow. You're bound to get scammed eventually if you're that stupid, take it as a lesson
Shane Bellone (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:40:17 PM

lol nobody told u to send first to anyone, everyone was saying use escrow. Anyways he still hasnt logged back on yet so just wait.

He's already moved the currency. I doubt he's paying and I doubt he's coming back online.
RandomBit.cu.cc

Activity: 29
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:56:47 PM

So much for trusted members on this forum!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: