Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:00:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will 2015 be bitcoin’s year?  (Read 2786 times)
goldkey0070 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:08:20 AM

Technologists, financiers and ideologues predicted that 2014 would bebitcoin’s coming-out party, but the digital currency slipped more than 70 percent from the previous year’s high. Still, some are claiming victory and predicting even more success for the future.Bitcoin—a digital currency started in 2009—has consistently captured headlines since its meteoric rise from a few dollars to more than $1,150 in 2013, but experts say that the focus on its slide to the $300 range misses the point. Instead, they point to growing merchant adoption and consumer awareness as the year’s high points.As for the future, bitcoin-related business owners said they are looking forward to stabilization and legitimacy from impending government regulation.“Regardless of the price, it was a huge year for bitcoin,” said Sonny Singh, chief commercial officer at BitPay. “A year - See more at: http://bitcoinfaucetrelay.com/will-2015-be-bitcoins-year/#sthash.HVx49ouC.dpuf
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:41:49 AM

I am not going to make any bold predictions, but I sure hope it will be
H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:55:55 AM

I think so. There are a lot of development coming out in 2015. Many millions of dollars are injecting into the crypto projects and the increasing number of experts or savvy adopters are joining this area.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 07:08:18 AM

2015-2030 are bitcoin´s years  Tongue

Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 07:26:39 AM

I hope so.
so many bitcoin project in 2015 coming out, and more merchant accpet bitcoin too Cheesy
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 07:37:07 AM

for those in bitcoin for the fiat it'll be a great year, for those in bitcoin for initial concepts promise.....bitcoin will be dead to them.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:33:27 AM

2015 would a important year for Bitcoin: to live or to die.
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:42:03 AM

for those in bitcoin for the fiat it'll be a great year, for those in bitcoin for initial concepts promise.....bitcoin will be dead to them.

What are the initial concept's promises?
I guess he means, anonymity, avoiding taxes, destroying governments, whipping your ass and all the other things, that were never promised by anyone, but are just, what some people want Bitcoin to do.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:45:12 AM

If Bitcoin can become Ironclad, like a vault in your pocket, then folks will have confidence in the technology. Make Bitcoin theft and fraud proof. If you build it, they will come.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 09:18:45 AM

2015-2030 are bitcoin´s years  Tongue

haha I hope forever remain bitcoin years, while it benefits all people who play Smiley

Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 09:57:12 AM

I certainly hope so, my guess is 2nd half of the year if adoption and VC money into 2.0 apps kick on, and focus turns to the next halving

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:09:16 AM

I guess he means, anonymity, avoiding taxes, destroying governments, whipping your ass and all the other things, that were never promised by anyone, but are just, what some people want Bitcoin to do.

well thats a pretty bad guess, and wrong on every point.

the idea of bitcoin was an alternative to the banks controlled fiat, to take the greedy money changes out of the equation, one of the main reasons for decentralisation, whats the point of an alternative to the greedy banks if we ourselves given the same power act the same way?

lets not even begin at the whitepapers original mircotransctions point re reason for bitcoin over the banks, something the btc powers to be flipped on ages back  Cry
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:38:20 AM

well thats a pretty bad guess, and wrong on every point.

the idea of bitcoin was an alternative to the banks controlled fiat, to take the greedy money changes out of the equation, one of the main reasons for decentralisation, whats the point of an alternative to the greedy banks if we ourselves given the same power act the same way?

lets not even begin at the whitepapers original mircotransctions point re reason for bitcoin over the banks, something the btc powers to be flipped on ages back  Cry
We don't have the power to freeze accounts.
We don't have the power to print as many Bitcoin as we want.
We don't have the power to reverse a transaction.

So, about what power are you talking about?

Could you please just cut this use of general terms, that means nothing and tell us, what exactly do you mean?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:41:36 AM

Still don't know yet. More and more companies are accepting it but it's to early to be mainstream. We just need a few more years the get a bigger foundation.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 10:42:55 AM

Talk about adoption, i hope paypal integration is moving on as planned. Seems quiet for now without any news. If it does work that will certainly make a whole lot of difference for bitcoin in 2015.

ParabellumLite

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:43:11 AM

2015 would a important year for Bitcoin: to live or to die.

Most accurate response in this entire topic.
Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:46:51 PM

there is no turning back for me while bitcoin is still worthwhile

not of any use to the layman in the world with estimated bitcoin crypto ..we the future of search is not investor / businessman crypto .. and if it is to be an investor / crypto in the business world should already know the risk of d world crypto. so as we do not need to bother thinking about investors or that losses in the crypto world ... valuable as though the price down why despite lacking spirit ..
Whitehouse

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:27:24 PM

That was 2013.

And 2014. People will say this indefinitely until it does actually happen. I suppose it depends what you mean by 'bitcoin's year' as well. Personally I don't care whether it happens this year or next, but I would like to see some decent gains or at least a new all time high within five years and a lot of merchant adoption (I want to be able to spend my coins freely). I think more and more money is coming into bitcoin and both more merchants and bitcoin users are getting involved so I think it will happen sooner or later.

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:29:43 PM

I have a feeling this will be a year of adoption upside and general consolidation
2016 will be a big year

R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:08:38 PM

This is the same as “the year of the Linux desktop”. I personally think this is utter nonsense.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: