Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:50:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bitcoins and VirWoX  (Read 5377 times)
johnjay3000 (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 11:56:35 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2012, 12:55:43 PM by johnjay3000

Alright so I am pretty new to bitcoin, I have a little experience with losing coins on satoshidice, but that is about as far as it goes. I just got given a 60AUD prepaid mastercard and was wondering if there was anywhere I could use it to buy bitcoins (Apart from VirWoX), or do an escrow trade for it (the codes, not the physical card)?

I was also wondering if anyone knew how long a btc withdrawal from VirWoX normally takes?

Thanks
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 02:06:06 PM

Alright so I am pretty new to bitcoin, I have a little experience with losing coins on satoshidice, but that is about as far as it goes. I just got given a 60AUD prepaid mastercard and was wondering if there was anywhere I could use it to buy bitcoins (Apart from VirWoX), or do an escrow trade for it (the codes, not the physical card)?

There are many bitcoin users in Australia. You should try #bitcoin-otc and #bitcoin-aus on Freenode. bitcoin-otc.com is a web of trust, where you can buy/sell things for bitcoin.

I was also wondering if anyone knew how long a btc withdrawal from VirWoX normally takes?

I always received my BTC within 1-48 hours. They'll send your coins manually. Your first btc withdrawal might take longer due to security checks.

johnjay3000 (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 02:11:15 PM

There are many bitcoin users in Australia. You should try #bitcoin-otc and #bitcoin-aus on Freenode. bitcoin-otc.com is a web of trust, where you can buy/sell things for bitcoin.

I always received my BTC within 1-48 hours. They'll send your coins manually. Your first btc withdrawal might take longer due to security checks.

Awesome thanks, I'll check out otc and aus, and thanks for the info VirWoX transfers, I figured it ould be something like that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: