Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:52:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reputation System for Bitcoin addressses  (Read 1036 times)
Q7 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 12:47:23 PM

Question we have is that is anonymity so important?

http://www.coindesk.com/bonafide-raises-850k-build-reputation-system-bitcoin/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:53:40 PM

I don't really see, what that has to do with Bitcoin.
It is a reputation system for merchants, like Amazon, Ebay, etc. already have.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 01:02:02 PM

This project defeats the whole purpose of using different Bitcoin addresses for each transaction (as Satoshi said), which is one of the key features of both security & privacy for whoever use  Bitcoin out there .
and ... hmm NSA is involved , not cool.
Moyer, who started his career doing signals intelligence for the army and later for the NSA, used cash as an analogy for the way bitcoin is right now pretty much anonymous.

Q7 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 01:12:48 PM

Not sure how the system works out because there's no in depth details just yet. For one I can imagine if let's say I'm a seller at forum marketplace, can certainly use this as a reputation system to establish whether I'm a trusted seller. This without relying the internal forum feedback system and I can certainly use this similar reputation system on different forum platforms

kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:20:06 PM

Not sure how the system works out because there's no in depth details just yet. For one I can imagine if let's say I'm a seller at forum marketplace, can certainly use this as a reputation system to establish whether I'm a trusted seller. This without relying the internal forum feedback system and I can certainly use this similar reputation system on different forum platforms

It`s interesting idea. I do prefer to have different address on each transaction and build trust on the feedback from the others to my accounts in different systems and forums.
Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:52:54 PM

is not impossible that a man who has a good reputation for fraud, but for now it is a good idea I think. and there will also be services to raise the reputation Smiley
Whitehouse

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:18:10 PM

It`s interesting idea. I do prefer to have different address on each transaction and build trust on the feedback from the others to my accounts in different systems and forums.

I don't mind the prospect of it and it has a purpose but I won't really be interested in using it though there are going to be a lot of people really against the idea, but there's nothing people can do to stop the creation of things like this. I guess that's the beauty of bitcoin.

kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:06:34 PM

I don't mind the prospect of it and it has a purpose but I won't really be interested in using it though there are going to be a lot of people really against the idea, but there's nothing people can do to stop the creation of things like this. I guess that's the beauty of bitcoin.

Sure, I agree. This is very good point.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: