Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:32:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS]Some old rare'ish CPUs: Pent Pro, 6x86L, amd-K5  (Read 1933 times)
AJRGale (OP)

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:10:30 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 03:20:50 AM by AJRGale

Well, 1st time selling something, testing waters, seeing if anyone is interested in my trash

Some old rare'ish CPUs for for collectors with some odd museum/art setup.

i has this photo, sorry, forgot to put my glasses on:

forgot to throw my sig on a paper near it and a banana in my ear..

the pent pro seems to be going to $50-100au (depending on the cache and speed, etc) so about 0.3btc
the Cyrix made IBM 6x86L PR200+ not so much, strangely no one likes this oddity about $10-20, so about 0.06
but oddly, the K5 is going for about $40au, so 0.13btc?

so about 0.5btc? (that is negotiable price, i want someone to take care of them over me crushing them)  postage tba at sale
if no interest, its going in my gold scrapping pile, my ball mill like these ceramic type...

now for the people asking, the 6x86 and the k5 i had them working pulled, the pent pro, i have a dead mobo that fits it, so no idea, but i never abused it, so it may work, hence for collectors of some odd museum/art setup.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AJRGale (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:27:28 PM

maybe i should of shoved this in the goods section over hardware, since every man and their dog is selling asic here, and no one is interested in computer hardware...
AJRGale (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:41:34 AM

and i moved it
if ive don gooft admin, i sorry
AJRGale (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:35:52 AM

right'o. looks like no one has any interest
adamskona

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:02:48 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 06:09:56 PM by adamskona

Are these listed on ebay?

For collectibles ebay is the way to go.

And you also have an ebay thread here in the forum.
AJRGale (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 10:28:21 PM

Are these listed on ebay?

For collectibles ebay is the way to go.

And you also have an ebay thread here in the forum.

nope, not on ebay, i was hoping to get btc out of it over fiat

also 9.9% "Final Value" fees for collectables? (item price + postage and handling charges). :/
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 10:56:04 PM

I would offer 20$ for the Pentium
AJRGale (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:16:32 AM

hmm, i can pull 0.5g of gold out of that thing, that's about $25 in gold there..

and there is half a dozen of them on ebay for $100'ish now

0.1btc and postage is on you though
cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:41:57 PM

hmm, i can pull 0.5g of gold out of that thing, that's about $25 in gold there..

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Intel-Pentium-Pro-SL22Z-512K-/131422714851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e99677be3

28EUR

25$ with postage to Europe
AJRGale (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:14:58 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2015, 11:32:02 PM by AJRGale

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Intel-Pentium-Pro-SL22Z-512K-/131422714851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e99677be3

28EUR

just to let you know, im basing the pricing off this:
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/CPUs-Processors-/164/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=pentium+pro

25usd? that's 0.11btc, not 25EUR? that's 0.1275btc? hell, 25AUD is 0.09

now let me get this right, 25eur, I'm assuming you're from around Spain? That would be Express Post International with signature on delivery and tracking be about $83aud that's 0.28btc, to deliver it to Spain.

..and you said 25 with postage? you're saying 25 is including postage? not 25 and add postage? (sorry, the term "with" when it comes to money doesn't sit well with me, its a "and add" term that people say i have added postage with the figure)
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:59:55 PM

28EUR

just to let you know, im basing the pricing off this:
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/CPUs-Processors-/164/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=pentium+pro

Right, that's the problem.  Those are people's asking prices, that isn't what it is worth (what people are actually paying for them).  I can list one on ebay for a million dollars, that doesn't mean it is worth a million dollars.  If you look at sold listings, these things are actually going for 20ish, and that is WITH ebay buyer protection which you obviously can't offer. 

The ones selling for more then that are collector grade, mint condition, sealed in the box brand new, etc.  You don't even guarantee yours works, which limits it's value to the gold inside, minus the cost to recover it; you need to be selling them for less then ebay, not more.  It obviously doesn't make much sense for anyone to give you 100 for 25 worth of gold that they then have to spend money to extract.
AJRGale (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:11:51 AM

Right, that's the problem.  Those are people's asking prices, that isn't what it is worth (what people are actually paying for them).  I can list one on ebay for a million dollars, that doesn't mean it is worth a million dollars.  If you look at sold listings, these things are actually going for 20ish, and that is WITH ebay buyer protection which you obviously can't offer. 

The ones selling for more then that are collector grade, mint condition, sealed in the box brand new, etc.  You don't even guarantee yours works, which limits it's value to the gold inside, minus the cost to recover it; you need to be selling them for less then ebay, not more.  It obviously doesn't make much sense for anyone to give you 100 for 25 worth of gold that they then have to spend money to extract.

that's fine by me, i'm willing to let it go for the price of scrap, only if people a willing for the postage cost, if not, like i said, i'll scrap it myself no biggy its not the rare 1MB cache version. the process does take a few weeks though (letting the acid eat the metals that the gold is sputtered on, leaving the skin-like gold behind. acid peroxide ftw!)
cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:12:51 PM

that's fine by me, i'm willing to let it go for the price of scrap, only if people a willing for the postage cost, if not, like i said, i'll scrap it myself no biggy its not the rare 1MB cache version. the process does take a few weeks though (letting the acid eat the metals that the gold is sputtered on, leaving the skin-like gold behind. acid peroxide ftw!)

Postage should not be more than 10$, at least sending it as a certified letter.
AJRGale (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:02:04 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 04:49:09 AM by AJRGale

Right, that's the problem.  Those are people's asking prices, that isn't what it is worth (what people are actually paying for them).  I can list one on ebay for a million dollars, that doesn't mean it is worth a million dollars.  If you look at sold listings, these things are actually going for 20ish, and that is WITH ebay buyer protection which you obviously can't offer.  

The ones selling for more then that are collector grade, mint condition, sealed in the box brand new, etc.  You don't even guarantee yours works, which limits it's value to the gold inside, minus the cost to recover it; you need to be selling them for less then ebay, not more.  It obviously doesn't make much sense for anyone to give you 100 for 25 worth of gold that they then have to spend money to extract.

i'll look into it today, i'll head up to the office with the item packaged up and ask them

you and i were wrong over the price, but you were closer, its $18 by air, i was going off the websites pre-paid packages with insurance and sig on delivery.
cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:53:57 PM

Right, that's the problem.  Those are people's asking prices, that isn't what it is worth (what people are actually paying for them).  I can list one on ebay for a million dollars, that doesn't mean it is worth a million dollars.  If you look at sold listings, these things are actually going for 20ish, and that is WITH ebay buyer protection which you obviously can't offer.  

The ones selling for more then that are collector grade, mint condition, sealed in the box brand new, etc.  You don't even guarantee yours works, which limits it's value to the gold inside, minus the cost to recover it; you need to be selling them for less then ebay, not more.  It obviously doesn't make much sense for anyone to give you 100 for 25 worth of gold that they then have to spend money to extract.

i'll look into it today, i'll head up to the office with the item packaged up and ask them

you and i were wrong over the price, but you were closer, its $18 by air, i was going off the websites pre-paid packages with insurance and sig on delivery.

OK, let me know the total.
AJRGale (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 11:35:36 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 11:57:22 PM by AJRGale

OK, let me know the total.

0.15btc, its yours..

i just had to go over it, 0.09btc + 0.06btc
AJRGale (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 04:40:16 PM

.. right'o, one's not interested then
AJRGale (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:05:50 AM

one more bump, then im going to leave it for a month. After that, they are getting bathed in AP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: