Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:25:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins price  (Read 1559 times)
stopthe_bomb (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:30:32 PM

Thinking about investing into bitcoins... with the recent price fluctuation, what do you guys think? I'm going to invest a decent amount so the price at the time of purchase does matter. Do you guys think we will be down back to around 200 or are we on a steady ride up?
Drummer

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:43:32 PM

i think it will ris a amazing price this week Cheesy let see
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:45:15 PM

consider spreading out the buying over a range of prices. it could hit 200 again, even dip below it. but maybe not, too :p
also depends how long you plan to hold it, and what your target return is. if its a modest return % you can easily afford to miss the 'bottom' and buy in dips in a later rally.
just imo of course!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 02:50:04 PM

I guess the old stock market adage "Buy the rumor, sell the news" applies to Bitcoin as well.

Everytime there was some whispers or some tweets about an announcement, the market price pumped up a little.  When Coinbase actually launched or Microsoft actually implemented Bitcoin payments AKA "News", there was a sell off.

So far this has been fool proof as far as speculation is involved.

If you're in it for the long haul, it doesn't matter what price you enter now.  If you plan to day trade, that's a whole different thread though.  Probably this hell hole  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.0;topicseen

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
anonEmouse

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:50:33 PM

I believe in the long term value of btc, but short term... could go either way... some people saying rise up to $280s before a dip down to $100s.

Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:36:57 PM

Thinking about investing into bitcoins... with the recent price fluctuation, what do you guys think? I'm going to invest a decent amount so the price at the time of purchase does matter. Do you guys think we will be down back to around 200 or are we on a steady ride up?
Nobody knows, and if you're considering investing a serious amount of money based on feedback from random dudes on an internet forum, you're bound to lose either way.

Like Warren Buffet says: only invest in what you understand. Educate yourself, and once you actually understand Bitcoin, make your own decision whether you think this has potential or not. Don't get played by market fools, nobody is objective.

Oh, and while you're at it, make sure to also educate yourself about the Euro and Dollar. Things are getting really interesting once you understand the current, existing monetary system. Then make the comparison between fiat and crypto, and you decide which has a better future Smiley

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 03:40:23 PM

Don't buy bitcoins.

Convert your currency to Bitcoin.

Then use your new currency as you would your own currency (with improvements).

When looking at 3D TVs do you think..."I need to time this right so I can buy at a good price" or "cool...now I can watch TV in 3D, I need to buy one of those TVs so I can start to experience it"?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Whitehouse

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:47:05 PM

Now is a good a time as any to buy bitcoins but nobody can tell you if it's the right time or whether its going to go up and down as it's all speculation. Put some money on an exchange and set some buy orders at a price you're happy with and have some patience.

Don't buy bitcoins.

When looking at 3D TVs do you think..."I need to time this right so I can buy at a good price" or "cool...now I can watch TV in 3D, I need to buy one of those TVs so I can start to experience it"?

I time it right to buy at a good price. If you shop around you can always find a discount and if you wait a little the price will eventually come down, though the opposite is also true, and the same goes for bitcoin.

rosh

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:58:47 PM

Don't buy bitcoins.

It will take some time before people stop thinking about bitcoins as investments.
ronald98

Activity: 314

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:11:08 PM

If you're in it for the long haul, it doesn't matter what price you enter now.  If you plan to day trade, that's a whole different thread though.  Probably this hell hole  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.0;topicseen

That thread's mostly full of pictures of rockets and sinking ships.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 05:15:19 PM

That thread's mostly full of pictures of rockets and sinking ships.

Yes, you get the Permabulls vs the Beartrolls in that one.

Very little in between in that thread.  Good for a laugh or two from time to time.

Even ChartBuddy gets in the troll action:

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:34:32 PM

i think it's the right time, the price won't fall more than the current one, there is no sub 100  hell not even sub 150

maybe try to invest only 50% now, the rest later
ronald98

Activity: 314

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:42:19 PM

i think it's the right time, the price won't fall more than the current one, there is no sub 100  hell not even sub 150

maybe try to invest only 50% now, the rest later

What about the effect the impending US Marshals bitcoin auction will have on the price? It crashed heavily after the last auction.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:30:51 PM

I'm going to invest a decent amount so the price at the time of purchase does matter. Do you guys think we will be down back to around 200 or are we on a steady ride up?

If you are in doubt, buy small amounts at a time every month so price averages out. No one can tell you for sure price will be higher next month. All I can say is bitcoin is cheap now and it is not the rock bottom price. If it falls another $30-$50, will you have the courage to buy a decent amount then? Or if it rises another $30-$50, will it stop you buying? I would buy a bit now just in case  Cheesy
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:39:42 PM

I think were a steady ride up but there could be a big dip if the 20mb fork comes in, it would be temporary though.

Temporary? I'm sorry but it will totally destroy bitcoin and the economy around it.
Smart investors are aware of this, hence the massive selling.
The speed of this current crash will only accelerate and bitcoin should be happy if it still ends up with the highest market cap of all coins around the point of the fork, which i seriously doubt.

Why would anyone with half a Brain invest in such a crippled system? Specially when there are fully functional alternatives out there that resolve all these issues from the start...

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:40:12 PM

Let's wait and see if there is strong enough buy support and believe in the $200 level.

Currently the moment looks right, buy with 50% of your fiat, and keep the other 50% for when the price goes down.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 12:22:11 AM

Let's wait and see if there is strong enough buy support and believe in the $200 level.

Currently the moment looks right, buy with 50% of your fiat, and keep the other 50% for when the price goes down.
I think we may see sub 200 for a while tho.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: