Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:28:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help Making a Decision  (Read 1679 times)
SoldatChristi (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:32:53 PM

Hi,

I was invested in GAW mining, and it seems they have done away with cloud mining. I think I just might stay away from Cloud Mining for a while. IS GPU mining still a viable option for me? Or Shall I purchase an S5 Antminer and do it that way. Personally, I like the Crypto Currencies out there, what would you suggest. Thoughts and ideas are welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:00:02 AM

You might be thinking of mining altcoins, rather than Bitcoin, so try the altcoins section.

Just in case you were thinking of Bitcoin (given the S5 mention) - your GPU will get you nowhere, immediately.
The S5 may also get you nowhere, depending on what it'll cost you to purchase, and run (electricity costs).

SoldatChristi (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:02:59 AM

You might be thinking of mining altcoins, rather than Bitcoin, so try the altcoins section.

Just in case you were thinking of Bitcoin (given the S5 mention) - your GPU will get you nowhere, immediately.
The S5 may also get you nowhere, depending on what it'll cost you to purchase, and run (electricity costs).

Thanks TheRealSteve. What do you suggest is the best altcoin presently?
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:10:13 AM

GPU mining is 100% dead for bitcoin mining.  Definitely look into mining alt-coins with your GPU's, and only if you have free electricity.  If your electricity isn't free odds are > 95% you will be paying more for the electricity than you are generating in whatever coin(s) you decide to mine.

SoldatChristi (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 06:10:52 AM

So I was thinking of Unobtainium? Is that a good one to start with?
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 06:24:30 AM

Very rarely are any of the SHA alts more profitable than BTC to mine.

http://www.coinwarz.com/miningprofitability/sha-256

Currently, UNO returns 27% of regular BTC mining. Not worth it, to say the least. And if you're going to mine any of the other flaky shit coins like SaffronCoin, mine and sell-off as fast as you can before the coin flatlines.
fat buddah

Activity: 326
Merit: 102

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 06:43:23 AM

Currently, UNO returns 27% of regular BTC mining. Not worth it, to say the least. And if you're going to mine any of the other flaky shit coins like SaffronCoin, mine and sell-off as fast as you can before the coin flatlines.

don't let you tell bogus.
Uno is a good choice as it's on the up and btc on the down. In Uno you have less competition from other miners and those coins will be worth much more in the future. Mine the coin that's on the up, not the coin that's on the down. If you want mine and sell directly mine bitcoin or flaky shitcoins. If you want to mine and hold - mine Uno. Uno is top notch altcoin and will likely appreciate a lot this year.

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 06:48:33 AM

Uno is a good choice as it's on the up and btc on the down. In Uno you have less competition from other miners and those coins will be worth much more in the future. Mine the coin that's on the up, not the coin that's on the down. If you want mine and sell directly mine bitcoin or flaky shitcoins. If you want to mine and hold - mine Uno. Uno is top notch altcoin and will likely appreciate a lot this year.

UNO is a fine coin... one of the best alt coins, in my opinion. But anyone with a SHA ASIC miner would be a fool to mine a coin that returns only 27% of what they'd earn mining BTC.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 7749

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:32:11 PM

UNO is a fine coin... one of the best alt coins, in my opinion. But anyone with a SHA ASIC miner would be a fool to mine a coin that returns only 27% of what they'd earn mining BTC.

Yes; much better to sell the SHA miner for Uno directly, bypassing all the middlemen involved in the convoluted route from SHA miner to Uno coin that is fraught with fees and risk.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: