Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:29:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving from bitcoin-core  (Read 1302 times)
cryptocoiner (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 11:57:00 AM

I'm thinking of stopping using bitcoin-core. Becouse it become slow on my laptop. Starts forever. And database size 35gb is too bog for me.
What bitcoin's light wallet is the best?

fsb4000
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 12:00:42 PM

electrum 2.0
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 03:51:08 PM

I'm thinking of stopping using bitcoin-core. Becouse it become slow on my laptop. Starts forever. And database size 35gb is too bog for me.

There is Electrum which is pretty good and have a lot of features . for example there is no need to download the huge blockchain file , also no need to take regular backups each x time . When you setup the wallet for the first time they will give you a seed of  12 words . That seed can be used to recover your wallet Anytime , anywhere (or in case of a computer failure) . Just make sure to right that seed on a piece of paper and save it . and keep backups on .txt file on your USB or PC or whatever . More informations can found here => https://electrum.org/
The 2.0 Version is in Beta as far as I know ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=944976.0 )  , the stable ones are 1.9.8 => https://electrum.org/download.html

~ Madness

findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:32:42 PM

When there are 10 different wallets you'll probably get 10 different recommendations.
I would say, try them out.

But be careful, I think core wallet is the most thoroughly tested wallet and the best wallet to trust. Not saying that others must be bad then.

Put 95% in cold storage and play around with hot wallets with the rest of it.
I really like this android wallet, particularly the QR scan option. I miss this option in PC wallets.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 08:41:22 PM

I think using blockchain.info and having backup with its paper wallets is very handy.

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 08:46:44 PM

There are a lot to choose from and it all depends on your needs.

I would recommend you choose a HD wallet (deterministic). This is a special kind of wallet that only needs to be backed up once. Electrum is one such software that implements this. When you generate a wallet with Electrum, it gives you a 12 word "seed" that you write down on paper and keep safe. In the event that you lose your wallet file or forget your password, you can use this seed to regain access to your wallet. Electrum 2.0 also has some really cool new features.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 08:52:01 PM

electrum 2.0

Yes I also suggest to use electrum , but if you want check also GA (https://greenaddress.it/en/).
onealfa

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:00:50 PM

To me QT is still "da best"

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:02:02 PM

if you don't run a "node" ... so use a android wallet instead (to pay !).
advantage : can store on paper wallet and re-scan easly and fastly if needed (in the pocket if you loose phone).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: