Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:34:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why NXT is such at low price if it's that amazing ? :((((((((  (Read 3484 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 08:38:22 PM

You  may hate coindesk, but you can't deny it's one the main press source for people in crypto world

Why should I hate Coindesk, it's their business model - to sell their body.
Main press source for people is New York Times. Cryptogeeks use Twitter and read articles on all crypto-related sites.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 08:40:40 PM

Why would they give favourable press coverage to a coin which is plagued with large scale thefts and manipulation?  As Jeff Garzik said:  there is a probable backdoor in NxT

Do you mean Jeff "Hashes-do-not-match" Garzik? Hahaha, you must be kidding.
HarryPotHead

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

You are what you eat. PIZZA!

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 08:45:34 PM

Its not such a low price with a shed load of coins, Node also has 1 billion coins have you seen the price of that coin which is a very good coin

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 08:46:12 PM

Nope.  The ironic thing is that many of the NXT whales itself didn't believe enough in NXT to hold it, hence them dumping each time NXT shows any indication of a rebound, and yet you expect others to believe?   Cheesy

and this has been demonstrated / repeated several times and it has all but scared away any potential buyers.  Proof of Beluga Caviar.

Why whales? I thought you got less than 1 million NXT after selling stolen NEM stakes (when you was posting under UtopianFuture nick). Luckily your sockpuppetry was revealed much earlier than you expected...
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:41:14 PM

wtf why

because a lot of people are bailing from crypto. Holding out hope for real dev teams like Ethereum, NEM, Storj, Counterparty and Nectar to turn things around (NXT seems good too, but all that talk of bad distribution has been a real noose around its neck). Otherwise, it's a desert out there - too many people have been scammed, too many broken promises. And bitcoin's not making any real headway in consumer adoption.

That sums up the crypto world now.
Dofus (OP)

Activity: 399

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:09:31 PM

a lot of people are bailing from crypto. Holding out hope for real dev teams like Ethereum, NEM, Storj, Counterparty and Nectar to turn things around.

People just want to do fun stuff with their crypto.  Bitcoin and Litecoin are boring with huge block times.  I tried NXT and Counterparty decentralized exchanges, and they are cool.  Way funner and more interesting than bitcoin and Litecoin.  

But the moment I made a transaction on Ripple and it was executed as fast as E-Trade, I realized that Ripple was the front runner to disintermediate Wall Street because it felt like I was on Wall Street.  That is why it is #2 in the world right now.

People got rich on Bitcoin because it disintermediated Western Union.

If you want your coin's market cap to hit $1 billion, then your coin must disintermediate some business.

What business model is your coin disrupting?  Ripple is looking to disintermediate Wall Street because its transactions are as fast as Wall Street's.  If your coin's transaction times are not as fast as E-Trade's then your coin is not going to take much of their pie.

Ripple's only 2 downsides are that it is centralized and has counterparty risk which BitShares solves while keeping those E-Trade speed block times.  Yet BitShares trades at roughly 2x Stellar (which is still centralized with counterparty risk).  Talk about cheap.  

NXT is cheap too, but I don't know what particular business it is currently disrupting (providing an equal or better experience).  People don't really care about privacy or centralization, in fact, they like trusting people like the Winklevii who are competing with Ripple as the fast front end when trading bitcoins.  BitShares is competing with them too at the same transaction speed, but you also get a trustless environment where you cannot get Goxed.

Ripple and BitShares are the top 2.0 coins because they feel like E-Trade.  NXT and XCP are competing for a different market, I'm not sure what that market is, but it ain't the Wall Street HFT environment.  

Traders are high octane people who don't have time to wait because time is money.  Do you think that the Wolf cares that his trading platform is centralized?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVJYS1L1snA

Hell no, that is why he will be using Ripple and not BitShares, NXT, or XCP.  Just a few months ago, Ripple was like 1/50 of bitcoin's market cap.  a few weeks ago it was like 1/4.  

People talk a lot about NXT and BTS, but they overlook Ripple which is the benchmark for Wall Street disintermediation.

Now if they are looking to snatch a piece of some other business pie, then I'd love to hear the pitch....

Just because Ripple is centralized don't mean that people don't love it.  I thought that the MT Gox incident would drive people to BitShares and NXT, then after BitStamp, I thought the same thing, but the bottom line is that only Libertarian freaks (NXT,BTC,BTS) care about decentralization and privacy.  Which is why Rand Paul coin got invented.

So what we are all saying is that if Ripple was decentralized and counterparty risk free, then there would not be any need for NXT or XCP or BTS.   I sure as hell wouldn't own anything else.

Just because Ripple is centralized makes it becoming very very useless compared to bitcoin, like a huge step backward.
Dofus (OP)

Activity: 399

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:30:08 AM

Just because Ripple is centralized makes it becoming very very useless compared to bitcoin, like a huge step backward.

So would a "decentralized Ripple" be a "huge step forward compared to bitcoin" ?

Well... Yeah ?

I mean, Ripple is like all altcoins that are more btc clones, it has plenty of advantages compared to bitcoin. Bitcoin is highly overated now compared to most of alts, so if any of these alt would replace btc it would be a step forward in my opinion. If you add to this the centralized thing to Ripple, the balance is not equal and this disadvantage weigh more than the advantages.

Even if, as you said, people would more use Ripple than NXT (for exemple), which is very possible I trust you, it still does not make it a better coin. This is not the spirit Satoshi wanted to carry with bitcoin, not at all. I don't think he would be glad if coins like Ripple succeed.

Other thing, I don't think touching Wall Street traders is the first aim for a cryptocurrency. In my opinion it should in fact be the lasts, Public awarness will make traders use a cryptocurrency. People would like to buy things easily in a safe way, 99,9% of the world population has absolutly no idea how big things in Wall Street works, including me in fact. It represents propably less than 0.001% of the population (not including peoples who are never going to use any cryptocurrency in this century obviously, same for a computer).
What I wanted to say is that I don't think Wall Street and big marketplaces are a good argument Smiley

This is my opinion as a crypto noob, not saying this is the truth, but it seems pretty logic to me. Maybe i'm wrong, I'm just talking friendly here, feel free to correct my talks, I'd be glad !
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:40:59 AM

Problem with Ripple is this:  one raid on the Ripple campus in California by the FBI and it's all over due to centralization.  Don't say it can't happen, eGold itself was raided based on circumstantial allegations of what people overseas were doing.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:56:45 AM

Problem with Ripple is this:  one raid on the Ripple campus in California by the FBI and it's all over due to centralization.  Don't say it can't happen, eGold itself was raided based on circumstantial allegations of what people overseas were doing.

Nxt is the only decentralized Gen 2.0 platform. You'd have to shut down 1,000 global nodes.

The rest of them will get taken down by US authorities...
They are being observed closely, but it takes 2-3 years to build files... and charge the right people.

Frankly, Bitshares is an Asset Bubble based fraud run out of China...
And Nubits is a highly manipulated virtual Central Bank.

Also, the dude who compared Ripple to Wall Street is on drugs...
He also manages to conflate degenerate gambling with professional trading.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 02:10:17 AM

About the "unfair distribution" I was thinking about it and finally came to the conclusion that it was not such a bad way actually.

1/ IPO last 2 months so it's complicated to complain about it.

2/Creator asked for 21 btc, would it be better if he asked for 1000 btc? I don't think so....that just prove he was not looking for a quick profit.

3/Because of this IPO most of the big stakeholder are active in the community and it mostly people who understood the coin before it was released.

4/These stakeholders got a huge ROI, some had more than 10 million coin and still have it whereas they could sold it for almost 1 million $ at the higher price, so I guess they truly believe in the technology for just hodl.

Now we can just all regret to not have been in this IPO, but if you tried the wallet you just cannot say it's a scam or anything else like this.

About the community in NXT, it is much more mature than other altcoin , they're not just waiting for some pumps and saying all the time "to da moon".

You're a lot like people who got over their anger over the botched Facebook IPO. Believe it or not, FB sunk to $20-$25 shortly afterwards and the way the IPO was handled was one of the reasons. [It opened at ~$41.]

Now? The only ones who remember are ax grinders and trivia hounds like me. Smiley Certainly, the people buying FB at $20-$25 have very little reason to complain...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:28:44 AM

Seems to be a lot of dislike of Nxt on this forum, but I don't understand why. They are trying to create a new gen of platforms and they are still pretty new. Plus the price for NXT is nice and low right now
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:31:20 AM

Bts and nxt are correlated as bitcoin 2.0 hopefuls.. they both drag each other down until one gets things right

Leaning towards bitshares right now
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:35:30 AM

Nxt is the only decentralized Gen 2.0 platform. You'd have to shut down 1,000 global nodes.

The rest of them will get taken down by US authorities...
They are being observed closely, but it takes 2-3 years to build files... and charge the right people.

Frankly, Bitshares is an Asset Bubble based fraud run out of China...
And Nubits is a highly manipulated virtual Central Bank.

Also, the dude who compared Ripple to Wall Street is on drugs...
He also manages to conflate degenerate gambling with professional trading.

Bitshares has got the decentralized market thing down way better than nxt (asset bubble?) lol it has kyc regulation protection built in so that governments can find ways to let it be used when it reaches network effect while nxt will wither off because it couldnt see these things in advance.

Nxt keeps playing from behind
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:46:59 AM

^
The major difference between Nxt and Bitshares is, that Bitshares is about making money (nothing else) whereas Nxt is about improving the original idea of Bitcoin.
Bitshares is a company, Nxt is a philosophy.

I made my decision (and goddam I can sleep like a baby  Wink )
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:27:04 AM

^
The major difference between Nxt and Bitshares is, that Bitshares is about making money (nothing else) whereas Nxt is about improving the original idea of Bitcoin.

Both of them have the same intentions but bitshares has a concept which nxt cant emulate which is being able to earn via a consensus protocol via voting. Thus innovation will be alot faster going fwd with bitshares because of incentives to do work and do good. Technically they are equal right now and price showsthat however its all about potential and non priced in development which bitshares will win IMO easily.. this year will be interesting.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:29:39 AM

Both of them have the same intentions [...]

You are mistaken.
EtherCoin

Activity: 338
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:30:08 AM

^

I made my decision (and goddam I can sleep like a baby  Wink )

I also made mine. To be honest never looked into NXT deep enough due to lack of interest. This being caused by a lack of information to be fair.

Since I have joined superNET I have started looking deeper into NXT and got to say that I am very impressed. I think feature-wise is the most advanced crypto project out there. By far.

BTS?, owned some, sold for profit, thanks, butdidn't have a quarter of the feats NXT has.

Now with superNET support (RAMchains, MGW, instantDEX from BTCD, cloud storage from VRC (on the makin'), VPN feats from VPNcoin, and so on...) and the new DeBuNe launch, that advantage has multiplied.

Once all its running (superNET already launched the beta client which is under heavy test) NXT will be a serious contender for the forerunner on blockchain technology based ecosystems.

Every of us should do their own research and act accordingly, tho.

Eth.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:51:54 AM

Both of them have the same intentions [...]

You are mistaken.

I rarely am about these things but sure you will see
jones_

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:16:38 AM

^

Both of them have the same intentions but bitshares has a concept which nxt cant emulate which is being able to earn via a consensus protocol via voting. Thus innovation will be alot faster going fwd with bitshares because of incentives to do work and do good. Technically they are equal right now and price showsthat however its all about potential and non priced in development which bitshares will win IMO easily.. this year will be interesting.

Did someone say voting... www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhJgz6hpHXg
Nxt has a voting system on the way.

I really don't quite get the bitshares mentality, so I say that I'm going to do something, then people vote for me and I get free money from the system.
At nxt you would just create something and then people will send you donations if they think its worth developing further, or the person can start an asset and sell it to make any money that they would need.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:25:35 AM

amazingly cheap atm

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: