Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:08:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any solutions to identify relay-ip of one tx like blockchain.info  (Read 1472 times)
langyu (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:36:51 PM

Often see on blockchain.info But cannot get through bitcoind

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/005X3q9sjw1eoxpblc5wvj30kv07dmxo.jpg
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:02:08 PM

No.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 07:53:34 PM

Title: Are there any solutions to identify relay-ip of  one tx like blockchain.info 
Often see on blockchain.info But cannot get through bitcoind

Thats the IP of the node that first informed blockchain.info about the transaction in question. The chance that its the node that created the transaction is very slim. In fact the node that broadcasts a transaction to the network for the first time might not belong to the person that created the transaction or own the private keys in question. E.g. I broadcasted a transaction for someone yesterday. That person had trouble accessing their wallet. Even if you would have caught the IP address for that transaction, it would have been my IP address and not the IP-address of the person that owns the bitcoins in question.

tl;dr: Its basically useless information.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4576

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:56:46 AM

cannot get through bitcoind

bitcoind does not track or store this information as far as I know of.  I'm not sure why you would want to know which of your peers told you about a transaction, but if it is important to you for some reason, you'd have to modify your own copy of the program and rebuild the software to take note of and store the information for your own use.
langyu (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:49:24 AM

Thanks. I just want to know the information about nodes connected.
zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:56:20 AM

Will this relay IP gives some location information of the person who created the transaction? Some users are using tor just to hide that IP, are they wasting their effort?

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4576

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:58:47 AM

Will this relay IP gives some location information of the person who created the transaction?

No.  It will only tell you which of your peers relayed the transaction to you.  It won't tell you who they got it from, or who created it.

Some users are using tor just to hide that IP, are they wasting their effort?

That depends on what other steps they are taking to protect themselves.  TOR doesn't magically hide your IP if you make mistakes that leak your IP outside of TOR (or through TOR).
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:50:30 AM

Some users are using tor just to hide that IP, are they wasting their effort?
If they're using Tor just to hide their IP address, then yes, because that's not Tor is for. The IP address itself is irrelevant and doesn't prove anything. However, someone with full access to your network connection (your ISP, the NSA, etc) can see if you sent a transaction that you didn't already receive from another peer, which proves that transaction is yours and you're not relaying someone else's transaction. Tor protects against this, and this is the reason people (should) use Tor. IP addresses have nothing to do with it.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 01:26:32 PM

-snip-
However, someone with full access to your network connection (your ISP, the NSA, etc) can see if you sent a transaction that you didn't already receive from another peer, which proves that transaction is yours and you're not relaying someone else's transaction.
-snip-

Thats not necessarily true. I could potentially create a signed transaction and send it to e.g. Danny via PM/(Snail)mail/SMS/OTR/DVBT/etc. for broadcasting. Or - even easier - broadcast it from a public WiFi at a remote coffee shop in my city. There are several miners and services that allow you to push a TX via their node.

If you just want information about the nodes your node is connected to you can use getpeerinfo it will include IP addresses.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
spin

Activity: 362
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:38:05 PM

Code:
bitcoin-cli getpeerinfo
wil tell you which nodes are connected to your node (including their ips).

If you liked this post buy me a beer.  Beers are quite cheap where I live!
bc1q707guwp9pc73r08jw23lvecpywtazjjk399daa
swapcoiner

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:34:45 PM

Code:
bitcoin-cli getpeerinfo
wil tell you which nodes are connected to your node (including their ips).

Yes, relay ips are just peer ips.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: