Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:54:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 20046 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zmija

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:01:29 PM

voted Smiley

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:10:12 PM

Wow - did anyone notice the hash rate drop below 3gh?  I woke up this morning to a hell of a lot more SPR...   Grin  I love those little SPRs

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 12:10:44 PM

https://www.facebook.com/Spreadcoin

Feel free to like and share on facebook with friends.

Slick!

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 12:12:28 PM

Wow - did anyone notice the hash rate drop below 3gh?  I woke up this morning to a hell of a lot more SPR...   Grin  I love those little SPRs

Yeah, noticed that too. Maybe the FUD got in the head of some big mining farmer. Or he found another coin to rape.
Well, anyway.... this is a good time to enter the solo-mining-business.  Smiley

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:19:57 PM

Yeah, noticed that too. Maybe the FUD got in the head of some big mining farmer. Or he found another coin to rape.

LOL - agreed - my miners have not shut down in like 6 months so I just like the bonus of the lower hash rate.  I will take it as long as I can get it...

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 12:20:45 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 12:37:14 PM by georgem

I can't vote ? Do i need more posts to be able to see the vote button or sth ?  Huh

Anyways, i just noticed something...

WE ARE NOT ON WIKIPEDIA ! YET ! Bitcoin / Litecoin / Darkcoin are there, so are other major coins theres, even POTcoin is there . Its time to get started and list it there. I mentioned in IRC before to others, but i'm just a guy from the construction industry so my IT knowledge is very very limited, but i really do suggest that someone more knowledgeable write up a spreadcoin article there, because basically nowadays everyone google-fu for somethings first, then wikipedia it the next when the information offered isn't enough, else wikipedia links would also be at the first page of that google search, next thing they'd youtube it.

So since we have people working on the video, who is up to do some simple tech writing ?

Wikipedia has a guideline called the genereal notability guideline:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability#General_notability_guideline

Over the past two years I have seen many altcoins starting a wikipedia site only to have it deleted a few weeks/months later.

Or look at darkcoin, they still have the general notability warning on their wiki site, threatening a deletion at some point in the future:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkcoin

OTOH, Mazacoin has reached all the notability it needs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MazaCoin
I guess that's because of the Max Keiser and Mashable interviews etc... that can be considered big press I guess...

I guess this is not the right time to create a spreadcoin wikipedia site yet. We need to first be more spread out over the internet:
More press, more blogs, more discussion, more services, more interviews... and then we will have all the necessary notability.
Spreadcoin is also very much "work in progress" and "under construction", so better wait until we have a finished product

Don't get me wrong, I think spreadcoin is very notable as it is, but I am sure that wikipedia will not agree.
But still: if someone wants to start a wikipedia site, I say go for it, we might keep it alive like darkcoin does.  Smiley
But it'll be a gamble.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 12:29:18 PM

But If I was to have a slick GPU miner in that wallet that could light a fire under the 2 new smoking hot AMD or Nvidia crossfire cards in my "gaming rig"... That would be a wallet I'd be interested in installing because I could mine some change when I wasn't gaming, AND get benchmark and tweaking incentives that I could share and compare with my friends.

I'd want something like that... easy Cool

Bundling the mining software into spreadcoin shouldn't be much of a problem.
We can make the wallet communicate with sgminer running in the background without the need for any commandline tweaking.

The only problem might be that people will need to update to the newest catalyst driver versions etc...
Not sure we could or should control the installation and update of GPU drivers over the wallet.

Other than that, an in-wallet-GPU-miner is very possible, and I would love to see one.

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:47:09 PM

LOL - agreed - my miners have not shut down in like 6 months so I just like the bonus of the lower hash rate.  I will take it as long as I can get it...

Damn it - one of the farms must have gone down last night and restarted this morning - back up to 3.94 gh/s.  :-(

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:08:30 PM

I don't like what I'm seeing. Is that a single farm owning that huge chunk of the net hashrate going down for a few hours?

Not your keys, not your coins!
marcoman22

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:12:01 PM

I don't like what I'm seeing. Is that a single farm owning that huge chunk of the net hashrate going down for a few hours?

Too much of fluctuation will not good.
pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:26:50 PM

My guess is yes.  Since I noticed it this morning it would be virtually impossible for multiple miners across the world to make up that 1 gh/s jump all at once.  Doesn't freak me out though I just wish I had longer to mine under 3 gh/s LOL...

Hatch

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:27:48 PM

My guess is yes.  Since I noticed it this morning it would be virtually impossible for multiple miners across the world to make up that 1 gh/s jump all at once.  Doesn't freak me out though I just wish I had longer to mine under 3 gh/s LOL...

Agreed!
duboisi

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:55:38 PM

DGB was pumped like +150% about that time, it is coming down now. I switch my little 10mh/s over to HamsterPool during that period. So could be quite a few like me doing that.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 04:07:34 PM

I made mention of a 800+ mhash spike/drop 2-3 weeks ago on the original thread and was ignored.

This is either :

a- a pool
b- the non public kernel is many times more efficient than we are led to believe
c- a hashpower /minting/ difficulty exploit

MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:12:18 PM

d.  Multiple medium size farms switching to more profitable alts for awhile that are being pumped.
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:14:02 PM

I guess of could be about profitability switching scripts triggering in mass when there is a huge pump of another coin/pool.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 04:24:04 PM

d.  Multiple medium size farms switching to more profitable alts for awhile that are being pumped.

Exactly. This seems the most plausible explanation.

The lesson here is clear: Keep solo-mining, even if it seems unprofitable.
Because when the difficulty drops like this again, you are going to be happy about the extra SPR!

Smiley

bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:26:09 PM

When people switch over to another coin that is being pumped, do they actually earn more or they are just chasing the profit while their blocks are being matured and their coins being exchanged?

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 04:27:26 PM

As an investor in SpreadCoin it kind of worries me to see it has become such a mess, or am I seeing things the wrong way? And what's all the fuss about private pools, is it actually true?

Just wondering... Because what I'm reading in the various SpreadCoin topics doesn't really make me confident, unless it's nothing but FUD ofcourse.

Your first source for spreadcoin news and topics should be http://spreadcointalk.org

This way, you have a guarantee that no FUD is going to influence you.

Critical minds are welcome there, so come join us.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 04:33:01 PM

When people switch over to another coin that is being pumped, do they actually earn more or they are just chasing the profit while their blocks are being matured and their coins being exchanged?

I guess it depends on how savvy you are, and if you listen to someone else or do your own research.

It's all about the lag, and how fast you react.

IMHO switching to a coin after it is clear that it is being pumped is NEVER profitable, and is like trying to catch a falling knife,
because when everybody and his mother realizes that something is a pump, it's not a pump anymore, that's when it has turned into a DUMP.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: