Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:42:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 429: Too Many Requests. (blockchain)  (Read 1925 times)
Sakarias-Corporation (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 08:16:15 PM

getting this error 429: Too Many Requests. on blockchain when using their API to my website. why do i get this error ? how can i fix it ?

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 08:17:29 PM

could anyone help me solve this? using Blockchain for API and get this error 429: Too Many Requests. why do i get this error ? how can i fix it ?

Cloud Mining

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 08:22:21 PM

could anyone help me solve this? using Blockchain for API and get this error 429: Too Many Requests. why do i get this error ? how can i fix it ?

Because your application is making too many requests to them...

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 08:22:49 PM

Because your application is making too many requests to them...

but it was MAX 3 requests...

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 08:23:55 PM

Assuming you are talking about blockchain.info, not the blockchain or some other API, it sounds like you are querying their API too frequently.

https://blockchain.info/q

You'd have to ask their support for answers on fixing it if it is over their limit.  Or their support would be good to contact about the specific error.

e.g. "Please limit your queries to a maximum of 1 every 10 seconds. "
ronald98

Activity: 314

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:13:24 PM

I recently got that message, but I was only trying to load a blockchain.info webpage showing the transactions for a particular address. Regular users are getting that message, not just people making API calls.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 09:15:50 PM

I recently got that message, but I was only trying to load a blockchain.info webpage showing the transactions for a particular address. Regular users are getting that message, not just people making API calls.

okey, so should i just wait it out ? its been 2 hours...

ronald98

Activity: 314

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:15:30 AM

okey, so should i just wait it out ? its been 2 hours...

I just checked a blockchain.info webpage and it's working OK for me now, so if it's still not working for you through the API I'm not sure what the problem is.
Inotanewbie

Activity: 252

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 02:50:07 AM

I have been getting a similar message when attempting to access the blockchain.info block explorer via their website over the past ~week or so. I believe the exact message was something along the lines of 'too many concurrent requests'.

The rise of all the ponzi's have put significant strain on their servers and their api because most ponzis use their api to handle their automation

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 07:44:49 PM

bump

evanmcc

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 05:29:27 PM

I just got this error today, but only once. I can refresh my page and not get any errors anymore.
I also applied for an API code once I saw that I had gotten an error, but I haven't even gotten a reply email yet and everything seems to be working fine.
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 07:17:19 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2015, 02:04:32 AM by Omikifuse

How many requests do you make by sec using the API?
evanmcc

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 10:56:29 PM

you many requests do you make by sec using the API?

At the time, I think it was literally one per pageload to get the balance of an address, and it occurred on about the third refresh in 20 seconds (I had recently updated the file and was waiting for it to propagate to my hosting service). I think the maximum it could have been was 5 API calls per pageload, but it only caused an error on one.
Currently the minimum amount of requests on a pageload is 5, with a max of about 10 if a lot of stuff goes wrong, and if I remember correctly I've only seen the error once more, and pretty close in time to when i saw the original one.

I do a lot of calls in a short period of time to manually test things, but it's still a relatively infrequent thing, and I usually only do about 4 pageloads before i see the next bug to work on.
There is only one point in my program that this could cause an error (when i'm using the balance of an address for some math), so I should be able to catch that and abort gracefully if this shows up again, but I get that other people's implementations may be less flexible and have a lot more riding on them.

I mostly use blockchain API because I'm not hosting anything myself, and I don't want to have a lot of setup time to install daemons if I have to change hosts.
Before starting real web development with bitcoin I would have never thought that paying for enterprise-level garauntees for a reliable API was worth it, but now giving a portion of any income to blockchain for garaunteed uptime doesn't sound so bad.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: