Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:31:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When your coins are stolen  (Read 2548 times)
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:08:30 PM

I don't know if I'm lucky, but it never happened to me.

To prevent that, and to learn from the others' mistakes, I'd like to know how some people were stolen. Did it happened while the money was at an exchange? Was that from a hacker who gained access to the home computer?
All stoles ever:

1) Left coins at exchange
2) Got hacked (installed malware)

Not all but like 99%

Thanks for info.
I guess I'm pretty safe as I have 2 computers, and I'm not doing much with the one with my wallet.
I've got some little money on blockchain.info too, it's just convenient.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:18:15 PM

To prevent that, and to learn from the others' mistakes, I'd like to know how some people were stolen. Did it happened while the money was at an exchange? Was that from a hacker who gained access to the home computer?
All stoles ever:

Not all but like 99%

Thanks for info.
I guess I'm pretty safe as I have 2 computers, and I'm not doing much with the one with my wallet.

I was just going to add a number 3 when I saw your post. Blockchain.info online wallet would be number 3. Too many people complain about losing money there, and there was a new story about them being hacked too. I wouldn't leave any money on Blockchain.info.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:04:09 AM

All stoles ever:

Not all but like 99%

Thanks for info.

I was just going to add a number 3 when I saw your post. Blockchain.info online wallet would be number 3. Too many people complain about losing money there, and there was a new story about them being hacked too. I wouldn't leave any money on Blockchain.info.

I don't have much there, but despite a few incidents, I believe blockchain.info is quite safe. If you look closely at their system, it's actually safer than most home computers.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Bralex

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:10:50 AM

I would try my best to find out where they are/went and do whatever I can to get them back xD
If I could'nt I guess I would try buy back.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 01:59:30 AM

that would be hard but i would buy again probably.

check out a hardware-wallet:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=899253.0

Nice. That reminds me of trezor which I always have in mind that it was the best option until I saw the compilation in the list. What I need is something really small that can fit into the corner of my pocket not some bulky stuff. Even cards look too big.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: