Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 04:22:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: number of transactions per day higher than ever  (Read 2019 times)
zimmah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:08:11 AM

ever since January, where we hit a low, the transactions per day have never been as high as they are now.

the number of unique addresses used is ~30% up from december 2013

miners are struggling making a profit with these prices (so difficulty is lagging behind)

why is the price lagging behind so much?

it has every reason to rise, and yet is doesn't.
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:26:28 PM

ever since January, where we hit a low, the transactions per day have never been as high as they are now.

miners are struggling making a profit with these prices (so difficulty is lagging behind)

Price is dependent on many many things, not only unique addresses.
Though, I think the price will rise soon, be patient.
thompete

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:08:30 PM

I don't see how is price dependent on the number of transactions ?
Can't people just make a lot of dust transactions to fake the data ?

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 04:43:46 PM

thats false. they make good profits (the good ones).

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1353

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:03:54 PM

There are a lot of factors that needs to be positive first before the price moves upward. Like you, I am also wondering what is the reason why the prices aren't up when there are a lot of positive things happening around bitcoin. Huh
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 05:18:20 PM

There are a lot of factors that needs to be positive first before the price moves upward. Like you, I am also wondering what is the reason why the prices aren't up when there are a lot of positive things happening around bitcoin. Huh

more sellers than buyers...that's really the simple reason. We can all speculate on why people are selling more than buying, such as recessionary times require people to cash in their savings, or perhaps other investments are more attractive, or perhaps there's been huge liquidation that hasn't been made public.

Transaction volume is good for the "survive-ability" of Bitcoin. The more transactions that happen, the more people are using it...and a successful currency needs people to use it!

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:56:44 PM

I'm not giving too much importance to this data. We need a better indicator than the raw number of transactions, which can include dust transactions or fake ones. May be someone could fork the number of transactions above 1 BTC, excluding the most popular addresses.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:38:59 PM

more sellers than buyers...that's really the simple reason. We can all speculate on why people are selling more than buying, such as recessionary times require people to cash in their savings, or perhaps other investments are more attractive, or perhaps there's been huge liquidation that hasn't been made public.

Transaction volume is good for the "survive-ability" of Bitcoin. The more transactions that happen, the more people are using it...and a successful currency needs people to use it!

also the miner, which dump every day, when the block will halved, the buyers pressure will become stronger for sure, indirectly at least
gbianchi
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 2680

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:56:05 PM

I think there is an important inflationary effect due to exchanges fractional-reserve: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=945881.0

GUIDA PER NUOVI UTENTI https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1241459.0
DO NOT HOLD YOUR BTC ON THIRD PARTY EXCHANGES – BE YOUR OWN BANK https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=945881.0
BITCOIN... WHAT IS IT ? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2107660.0
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:59:47 PM

Yes they can, but they have to pay transaction costs to do so effectively
zimmah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:09:47 AM

thats false. they make good profits (the good ones).

Well obviously some are making profit, but the difficulty is stagnating, which means most miners have trouble keeping up, and are shutting down their miners. This is a sign the price is too low to support the current difficulty with the current mining technology.
zimmah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:14:49 AM

Logically speaking if there are more active users than ever, who keeps selling cheaper all the time?

The interest is there, more people ARE coming in, but for some reason some people are cutting their own profits by selling too cheap.

The only ones who can sell are people who have bought before. And the only ones who can sell for a profit are people who have hold for a year or more, since the price has been declining for over a year.

At some point those people should run out of coins to sell, and people are still buying.

Just how do the sellers outnumber the buyers?

I know Bitcoin isn't exactly mainstream yet but it just feels like the things are not adding up, and we are much lower than we should be.
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:20:06 AM

Wait for the next halving to come into view, and we may find px will respond positively
Expect current levels to persist for some time yet

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:22:44 PM

Yes they can, but they have to pay transaction costs to do so effectively

Transaction fees are negligible for big exchanges or miners.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1353

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:48:08 PM

also the miner, which dump every day, when the block will halved, the buyers pressure will become stronger for sure, indirectly at least

The recent times are the hard times for people. Recession forces people to cash out their savings and search for a possible investment that may save them from it. And correct, the miners dump every day to cover up for expenses, which in turn causes the price to decline.
zimmah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:00:29 AM

it means more people are using it, which means it has more utility, and thus it's a good thing.

if no one uses bitcoin, it's not worth much at all.
Rimmer

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:20:23 AM

Bitcoin is perplexing to me. People are clearly using bitcoin and many merchants are getting involved but the price only declines. I don't even understand why people sell their coins at such a low value. Surely if people refused to sell them for such a price it would keep them at a decent value.
Twipple

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:32:54 AM

it means more people are using it, which means it has more utility, and thus it's a good thing.

if no one uses bitcoin, it's not worth much at all.

Most of the people use bitcoin for gambling Tongue
So it means in a way that more people might be gambling
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 01:26:50 PM

I don't see how the price is related with anyway to the number of transaction to be honest , most of the transactions are probably made by exchangers websites or Gambling such PrimeDice , LuckyBit , etc ...
The price depends depends on Supply and demand , there is only one thing for sure is the price will rise on the Late 2016 while Halving block reward happens .. still not sure rise to where if the price will be 50$ by then .. then the price will rise to 150$ maybe ... it all depends .

~ Madness

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:55:00 PM

I dont see why people is oppposing to the 20MB fork, we are going to hit 1mb limit again soon.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: