Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:58:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: learn programming  (Read 1948 times)
Ajatmoralez (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Sorry for my English if It is Bad✌✌

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:27:11 AM

You guys and your Programming skills rock
I wish i know programming
Can you guys recommend me from where should i start because i also wants to learn it

Its getting to the point of ridiculousness. Waiting this long for a month maybe will add some more exposure because everyones talking about when it will come, but now its multiple months late and people are waiting forever for this. We need a release date, doesn't matter when but please don't lie again like you said it would be out on new years...

May be it was a Trick just for Marketting because when Stunna announced to reopen the campaign, this topic was getting lots of Replies in the 'Services' section.
So, may be i am wrong or may be right  Roll Eyes
It was probably a marketing trick, but t also could just be technical problems, but I doubt it takes months to launch a campaign. I have built a program scraping the post counts from any amount of users just by pasting their user ID in a file, and that took me less than an hour to develop.

Is that program same as what Bitmixer uses for their signature campaign or a different ??

And is that a program or a Bot ?
Its a script which you can run on your web server and you can output data like activity, username, anything on their profile page. IDK if bitmixer uses something like it

Its getting to the point of ridiculousness. Waiting this long for a month maybe will add some more exposure because everyones talking about when it will come, but now its multiple months late and people are waiting forever for this. We need a release date, doesn't matter when but please don't lie again like you said it would be out on new years...

May be it was a Trick just for Marketting because when Stunna announced to reopen the campaign, this topic was getting lots of Replies in the 'Services' section.
So, may be i am wrong or may be right  Roll Eyes
It was probably a marketing trick, but t also could just be technical problems, but I doubt it takes months to launch a campaign. I have built a program scraping the post counts from any amount of users just by pasting their user ID in a file, and that took me less than an hour to develop.

Is that program same as what Bitmixer uses for their signature campaign or a different ??

And is that a program or a Bot ?
Its a script which you can run on your web server and you can output data like activity, username, anything on their profile page. IDK if bitmixer uses something like it

i have created something similar, that also checks in intervals has signature been changed in any time,
it also took me under 1 hour.
maybe stunna is developing rocket launch capable bot, that also makes margaritas in free time o_O

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:23:25 AM

Can you guys recommend me from where should i start because i also wants to learn it

If you want to learn programming and you're really starting from zero then you should probably make a simple goal and work to acheive that. For example, make a tic-tac-toe game in javascript or something on that scale.  If you enjoy the process of learning that, then you should be able to see the next steps.
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:53:37 AM

If you want to learn programming and you're really starting from zero then you should probably make a simple goal and work to acheive that. For example, make a tic-tac-toe game in javascript or something on that scale.  If you enjoy the process of learning that, then you should be able to see the next steps.

It's a bit off-topic here, but I just wanted to say that even though I agree with tspacepilot, I think that, if you're really just starting off, you should go for something more basic still: either head on to one of several sites that offer free online courses, like Coursera (https://www.coursera.org/courses); or better still, to Khan Academy (https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-programming/programming) - besides videos and a community to help explaining some concepts, they also have interactive programming areas, where you can modify a program, and immediately see the outcome - no need for anything more than a few seconds and a browser to get started. Smiley

EDIT: seems like we just got teleported to another thread. Cheesy
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:14:51 PM

@u9y42  While I don't disagree, I've found a lot of folks who *think* they want to learn programming, then they head to one of these learning sites where they aimlessly do exercises without really internalizing anything.  Having a goal is crucial, I think, to finding the answers to your coding issues.  In my case, one of my first programs was to print whether a number was prime or composite.  Because I wanted the program to run, I had a lot of motivation to keep looking up the issues I was having when my program failed.  I think a lot of folks want to want to learn programming (if you knwo what I mean) and having a goal and trying to acheive it is what separates those who want to from those who merely want to want to.
WindowedCore

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:17:04 PM

@u9y42  While I don't disagree, I've found a lot of folks who *think* they want to learn programming, then they head to one of these learning sites where they aimlessly do exercises without really internalizing anything.  Having a goal is crucial, I think, to finding the answers to your coding issues.  In my case, one of my first programs was to print whether a number was prime or composite.  Because I wanted the program to run, I had a lot of motivation to keep looking up the issues I was having when my program failed.  I think a lot of folks want to want to learn programming (if you knwo what I mean) and having a goal and trying to acheive it is what separates those who want to from those who merely want to want to.

Yeah I agree.  When I first started trying to learn to program in highschool, it was really hard to keep myself motivated, so I just gave up until college, where it was easier to keep myself disciplined and focused.
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:36:52 PM

try out python probably the best starting language as it pretty close to plain english that you are going to get in programming language at least try it to learn the fundamentals and then move onto a programming language which interests you eg java for mobile development html and php for websites.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 05:58:56 PM

I'm not much of a programmer but I highly recommend C++ Primer 5th Edition, pick that one only as the others leave all sorts of useful things out including a proper glossary on all programming terms, the writer remembered to explain the absolute basics such as paranthesis so you're not completely fucking lost if you're having a conversation with programmers on the internet, a lot of them just assume you know what they're talking about.

http://it-ebooks.info/book/1256/

Hundreds of pages but definitely is something every beginner should read.
jaberwock
Legendary

Merit: 1073

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:06:01 PM

start here:

https://www.udacity.com/course/cs101

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:45:13 PM

Right, but if you're completely starting from 0, don't you think someone should just go ahead and get their hands dirty by trying to write and run a hello world?  I mean, what's the point of memorizing a bunch of technical terms regarding memory registers, data structures, big O, etc if you really have never done anything?  I suggest getting your hands dirty first, then following up on some resources and courses once you've played around long enough to see what your questions are.
u9y42
Legendary

Merit: 1071

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:29:44 AM

I guess you're right. I suggested Khan Academy largely because it offers an easy, sort of, "what you see is what you get" way of interacting with code; but that's probably not enough to keep everyone going, if they don't have a way to motivate themselves already - as you say, having in mind a simple task you want to complete, or game you want to make, is likely to both keep you motivated and give you an idea of what you need to, and what you want (or don't want) to explore further.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:51:31 AM

codeacademy.com good place to start for beginners.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
rosh

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 01:47:15 PM

Decide which language you want to learn, say C++ or Java.
Once you learn one programming language, you can pretty much pick up any other one too.
mliverpool

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:33:18 PM

You should decide first which language you would like to learn and for what purpose. Would you like to program websites or some desktop programs? But, you should choose some easy learning language like Java, PHP, Ruby on Rails etc. Maybe Ruby would be good choice if you are beginner. After you decide which language you would like to learn, then you should find some online teaching materials. There are tons of materials online these days (Youtube, free PDFs etc.).

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Ajatmoralez (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Sorry for my English if It is Bad✌✌

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 06:56:32 PM

Thanks to all for every Suggestions
Didn't expect there will such huge Friends helping me out.

And yes i am starting from 0. I don't know anything but i have a goal which keeps me Motivated towards Programming.
It will be much more helpful if more stuffs can be posted by which i can start as beginner

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:13:06 PM

And yes i am starting from 0. I don't know anything but i have a goal which keeps me Motivated towards Programming.
It will be much more helpful if more stuffs can be posted by which i can start as beginner

Probably it won't be *that* helpful.  What is your goal?
mliverpool

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:19:53 PM

If you starting from zero, you should start learning some basic programming methods and rules. You should learn about what variables are and do some arithmetic with them and you should also learn what are loops and how to use them. Those things you will use in any programming language you decide to learn. Maybe you should visit Coursera website and find some interesting tutorials and courses. I would also recommend Thenewboston channel on Youtube and Braintem website. Good luck to you!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:54:41 PM

Except that there's a million things that you can start with which occur in any programming language.  We should wait to hear back from OP on what he actually wants to accomplish, then we can provide more targeted advice.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:18:25 AM

More than anything try and buy text books, nothing beats actually sitting down at the table and studying a book and learning from it.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:02:37 PM

More than anything try and buy text books, nothing beats actually sitting down at the table and studying a book and learning from it.

I don't think I agree.  For me, when it comes to computer programming, nothing beats running code and reading error messages to get to bottom of the situation.
bitparadise

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:23:25 PM

My suggestions is start with python. It is a very powerful language and yet it has a simple syntax. I'm currently learning python now.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: