Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:47:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you leaving?  (Read 2027 times)
innocent93 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:31:11 AM

Did you see someone who is leaving Bitcoin? I mean dropping out from Bitcoin.

I did, recently I saw two persons who are leaving Bitcoin, they wrote down what they experienced, One of them said he had thinking this for whole night,and finally decided to leave: sell all the coins and withdraw the deposit,he is tired of watching the price all the day.

The other one said he is a innocent student and made some money from Bitcoin including Alts IPO, Trading, BTT accounts business. He wrote down the whole experience in Bitcoin,But now,he said he want to fall back, frauds from community are boring him,so he decided to leave.

I fell a lot of regrets,after reading their story, are the number of people of the community is falling? Bitcoin is a letdown for some people?
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:33:47 AM

I did, recently I saw two persons who are leaving Bitcoin, they wrote down what they experienced, One of them said he had thinking this for whole night,and finally decided to leave: sell all the coins and withdraw the deposit,he is tired of watching the price all the day.

The other one said he is a innocent student and made some money from Bitcoin including Alts IPO, Trading, BTT accounts business. He wrote down the whole experience in Bitcoin,But now,he said he want to fall back, frauds from community are boring him,so he decided to leave.

I fell a lot of regrets,after reading their story, are the number of people of the community is falling? Bitcoin is a letdown for some people?

You just found 2 virtual identities leaving bitcoin. That does not mean that they do not have other identities staying with bitcoin.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 10:38:46 AM

Bitcoin is not a community, it is a currency. It is math.

If you were looking for something more from math like companionship you are not getting in the real world, you are in the wrong place.

Maybe you should go to a liberal community like moveon or huffingtonpost where people will give you kudos or pats on the back. Or stick with Facebook and accumulate many 'Likes'. They will be worth a lot some day.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 10:43:32 AM

When those 2 left probably 200 got in. People are gonna come and go, what's your point?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:46:32 AM

Can someone write a poem about Bitcoin?

"Ode to the Hashrate" or something like that...

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
tatu

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:18:52 AM

I tend to think most of these stories are just attention seekers and from people who aren't actually 'leaving' bitcoin and are just angry for whatever reason, though I suppose there are a lot of people frustrated with the current price and have currently lost any money but for those the only way they'll gain it back is through holding long term.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:24:30 AM

the amount of active wallets as well as the amount of transactions is increasing, and has always been increasing (there's some variance, but the overall trend is an exponential increase)

yes some people may leave, leave forever even. (not even counting the people that die, although they wouldn't cash out unless their family does it for them in case they know the private keys).

many more come back in their place though.
s.mouse

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:26:10 AM

If people were leaving they would just leave. Something tells me that for those that do leave or get out now they'll regret doing so in the future. T?hat is up to them, though.
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:37:52 AM

watching the price all day will drive you crazy... sounds like an emotional reaction Tongue

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 11:43:48 AM

Have it ever occurred that these people are writing craps just to discredit bitcoin. Yeah, people are leaving and so what? There are probably more inline filling up the spot left by them. If you browse through the beginners section, you can also find newbies telling they have just joined.

Pugsly

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:45:54 AM

watching the price all day will drive you crazy... sounds like an emotional reaction Tongue

Ha exactly. When I  first got into bitcoin long before I joined this forum I was always checking the price many times a day and also checking the exchanges constantly and it was exciting though very exhausting. Nowadays I don't bother with the price and don't trade so I just hold as an investment. Less stress and I can just look forward to the future.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:01:12 PM

Can someone write a poem about Bitcoin?

"Ode to the Hashrate" or something like that...

There once were two men from Nantucket,
Who kept all their coins in a bucket,
They bitched about math and said f$*% it.
The rest of us said they can suck it.

thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 12:11:25 PM

I am probably going to quit soon.  I have mined about 0.001 of a coin and have a few bit i brought just to experiment.  I was looking to invest but as I have spent the last year watching the price go down, I have rather given up hope.  No point buying till you are REALLY at the bottom.  Who knows when that could be?  While it is a good technology, there is still such a long way to go before it becomes even slightly relevant to the real world.  

homo homini lupus

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:15:15 PM

Most people do not report it and just leave.
In my estimate the number of people who left already could be staggering.

Bitcoin is just about itself.
Altcoins mostly are just about making the creator rich. 

Almost no coins are there to provide for the needs of the users.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:18:29 PM

I'm not leaving Bitcoin. Simply because I am board and there is nothing better than watching the price all days.. - opposite of what why the person leave Bitcoin.

I have not see any of my online friends - mostly webmasters - leave Bitcoin yet. Well, because they have not started using Bitcoin.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Orwell

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:29:09 PM

Most people do not report it and just leave.
In my estimate the number of people who left already could be staggering.

Bitcoin is just about itself.
Altcoins mostly are just about making the creator rich. 

Almost no coins are there to provide for the needs of the users.

I'm sure many people have left bitcoin but there's a steady stream of new users coming in to take their place and this trend will likely continue for some time but I think those leaving will be dwindled by newcommers eventually.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:31:16 PM

I have been in to Bitcoins for more than 3 years now. Yes... I have seen people leaving... but it was mostly as a result of being conned or having their coins stolen.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:42:43 PM

I'm leaving fiat.

I've had it, with years and years of being conned, tricked, stolen from, inflated at, lied to, charged interest for money that was literally created out of thin air, forced into debt because that's how the system works, and seen my tax money disappear in the pockets of fraudulent bankers as reward for their systemic corruption.

Fuck that shit, I'm done with fiat. BTC all the way.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Jesu

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:48:28 PM

I am probably going to quit soon.  I have mined about 0.001 of a coin and have a few bit i brought just to experiment.  I was looking to invest but as I have spent the last year watching the price go down, I have rather given up hope.  No point buying till you are REALLY at the bottom.  Who knows when that could be?  While it is a good technology, there is still such a long way to go before it becomes even slightly relevant to the real world.  

But you will never know when the bottom is. If I was you I'd buy some coins for cheap now and just save them for x amount of time and don't bother checking the price daily or bother with the drama on here. You don't need to quit btc fully and can still be involved just without the stress.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:57:19 PM

That's not impact to btc price. Maybe they are just one person with 2 accounts Roll Eyes
And they just leaving on the forum maybe they still use btc now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: