Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:05:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Ruby (not rails) programer  (Read 314 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DannyHamilton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:26:06 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 05:26:19 PM by DannyHamilton

I've got a ruby program I'd like to have written.  I don't have time right now to write the program myself.

Basically, the program needs to read in text files that contain fixed width data and write out the same data packaged as json.

If there are any ruby programmers that would be interested in earning, contact me and I'll give you the specific design details of the program.

After you've got the details, I'm looking for:
  • An estimate of how soon you think you could deliver the requested program
  • Whether or not you are interested in writing the program as designed
  • How much bitcoins you would require to be paid to write the program

It feels like a pretty short program for an experienced programmer. If the delivery date is too far in the future or the price too high (or if I don't find anyone interested), I'll write the program myself eventually.  But if it can be written by someone else cheap enough and fast enough, I'd be happy to be able to skip this and work on other things on this project.

EDIT:
I have received interest from multiple parties.

Bidding for this work is open until 16:00 CST (UTC-06:00) today, 2015-02-05.

Contact me for details about the specific requirements and bidding process if you wish to offer a bid.

The winning bid will be posted in this thread after 16:00 CST (UTC-06:00) today.

Current participants with bids submitted:
  • Ditto
  • tralala33
  • Gazby

(This thread is self-moderated to prevent spam, off-topic discussions, and useless posts)
Gazby

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:45:28 PM

Please pass on the specific details. Cheers.
DannyHamilton (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 02:49:38 PM

Please pass on the specific details. Cheers.

PM sent.
amacar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:11:46 PM

I am always looking for new technologies to learn, so I can try doing this (just send me a PM with details, will do this "very cheap"). Probably can start working after Sunday, because right now I have some other work to do.
DannyHamilton (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:17:14 PM

I am always looking for new technologies to learn, so I can try doing this (just send me a PM with details, will do this "very cheap"). Probably can start working after Sunday, because right now I have some other work to do.

Thank you for the offer, but I will have time to write it myself on Monday.  If you aren't likely to have it completed before that, then there isn't any need for your assistance.
DannyHamilton (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:19:33 PM

The winning bidder is "Ditto" with a bid of software to be delivered before 23:59 CST (UTC-06:00) on Saturday 2015-02-07 in exchange for 0.69124 BTC.

Some key features of the agreement are:
  • Tomatocage has agreed to hold the bitcoins in escrow at address: 131S5M8Fz6PCTxe4k48zJ9pwzcS89dAnvv
  • DannyHamilton will be responsible for escrow fees if there are any
  • If the program is delivered within 24 hours (before 6pm CST Friday), DannyHamilton will pay an extra 20%
  • If the program isn't delivered in working condition by the promised time, the payment will be reduced by 20% for every 6 hours (or fraction thereof) that it is late
  • If the program is discovered to be malicious in any way, Ditto will not receive any payment.
  • If DannyHamilton is impressed with the readability of the program and thoroughness of the error handling, he will consider sending an additional gratuity. He is under no obligation to pay this gratuity under any circumstances and the choice to do so is entirely under his own discretion, however Ditto is under no requirement to write a readable program nor to check for any errors that haven't been described in the specification.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: