Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:58:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Street keeps warming up.  (Read 3419 times)
knight22 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:11:52 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 04:27:16 PM by knight22

Derivatives Exchanges Look to Add Liquidity to the Bitcoin Market

http://www.institutionalinvestor.com/article/3423960/asset-management-regulation/derivatives-exchanges-look-to-add-liquidity-to-the-bitcoin-market.html#.VNOFaZ14okl

It Might Finally Be Time to Buy Bitcoin

http://investorplace.com/2015/02/time-to-buy-bitcoin/#.VNOXGZ14okk

Bears, you have been warned  Cool

Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3432
Merit: 4368

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:29:40 PM

That was a nice find man, i enjoyed reading it!

Pretty sure Bitcoin will go BIG Cheesy
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:00:47 PM

"Foreign exchange markets averaged 5.3 trillion USD in trading a day in april 2013.."

Well if that doesnt spark up the market movement ,i dont know what will.
From day to day its more and more obvious that these prices are not here to stay,
i just hope that on the next boom we will have more liquid market that wont bounce around like a ping-pong,
and feed fear in possible investors.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:25:09 PM

I liked this part:

Pending a green light from the CFTC, miners could do “call overrides,” in which they sell call options for potential upside appreciation of Bitcoin they hold, LedgerX’s Chou suggests. This would prevent miners from having to sell their Bitcoin to raise capital.

Grin
knight22 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:26:02 PM

BOOM another one:

It Might Finally Be Time to Buy Bitcoin

http://investorplace.com/2015/02/time-to-buy-bitcoin/#.VNOXGZ14okk

added to OP

jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:42:46 PM

Very interesting news.

But would anyone care to chime in on this very bizarre trading activity?  I realize this image might be time sensitive (later viewers will only see a current chart)

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#charts

But seriously, that is a bizarre spike up from the $225 area to $240.....and then an immediate spike back down.
And then not too long later, a spike down to the $215 level.  This happened within hours (or maybe minutes).

kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:46:05 PM

Lol stop the bullshit already with your tulip scam. People are done with bitcon.
It's only going to crash harder and harder as i have been predicting time and time again.
We've seen another beautiful example just earlier of what the future looks like.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:51:32 PM

Lol stop the bullshit already with your tulip scam. People are done with bitcon.
It's only going to crash harder and harder as i have been predicting time and time again.
We've seen another beautiful example just earlier of what the future looks like.
Therefore, you are out for good. Therefore, you have no reason to stick around. You are here, so at least one premise is false. Therefore, why are you here?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Sandhog

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:53:35 PM

Very interesting news.

But would anyone care to chime in on this very bizarre trading activity?  I realize this image might be time sensitive (later viewers will only see a current chart)

But seriously, that is a bizarre spike up from the $225 area to $240.....and then an immediate spike back down.
And then not too long later, a spike down to the $215 level.  This happened within hours (or maybe minutes).

It's a fluctuation where there are more sellers than buyers. It's supply and demand. I'm not sure who are the sellers but there are more sellers than buyers I reckon.
Sandhog

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:54:56 PM

Therefore, you are out for good. Therefore, you have no reason to stick around. You are here, so at least one premise is false. Therefore, why are you here?
Don't feed the Troll.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:00:16 PM

To short and make huge profits...
And to warn people that are over invested, of which there seem to be a lot...
Get out before you lose your life's savings...!

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
jaredboice

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:34:19 PM

Obviously if there's a topic that you deem to be a waste of time, you're going to sign up for an account and post why you think it's a waste of time several hours a day.
jaredboice

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:37:09 PM

Very interesting news.

But would anyone care to chime in on this very bizarre trading activity?  I realize this image might be time sensitive (later viewers will only see a current chart)

And then not too long later, a spike down to the $215 level.  This happened within hours (or maybe minutes).

It's a fluctuation where there are more sellers than buyers. It's supply and demand. I'm not sure who are the sellers but there are more sellers than buyers I reckon.

Lol I appreciate your response but obviously I'm aware that more selling produces lower prices.  It's the degree and quickness of these spikes that give cause for concern. The line literally went straight up and then chilled for a few minutes and then went straight back down and then chilled for a bit and then dove straight down from there.  Manipulated Market?

(Obviously there's a limit on how much Bitcoin can be manipulated in comparison to traditional markets.  But still, it appears as if there's major market influence by participants with inside info)
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 09:20:41 PM

TAKE A LOAN AND BUY AS MUCH AS  YOU CAN!

Go to school to get a cheap student loan! You don't actually have to attend school, just get the loan. Buy buy buy!

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:28:20 PM

Go to school to get a cheap student loan! You don't actually have to attend school, just get the loan. Buy buy buy!

HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:33:21 PM

It can only go so low. At some point we just have to have a trend-reversal. And the longer it takes and the more time Bitcoin uses to mature the backbone and ecosystem, and the more people get to know about Bitcoin in the mean time, the higher the next upswing will be. Also I wouldn't be surprised to another 2013 at some point!

Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 09:44:01 PM

I know a real person who is going to take some young family loan or whatever to secretly buy bitcoins. It was originally his idea but I obviously encouraged him to do it when I heard of his plans. Fact is that if you don't take risks you won't achieve shit. So, in a sense I am serious but the advice I just gave makes me laugh due to it being utterly irresponsible. I think it's ok to take a loan to buy bitcoins if you can afford to lose them and often cases people won't actually have their fingers chopped if they can't pay back the loan. The world doesn't end. It's worth it to take the chance that appears once in a lifetime.

HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:53:51 PM

I know a real person who is going to take some young family loan or whatever to secretly buy bitcoins. It was originally his idea but I obviously encouraged him to do it when I heard of his plans. Fact is that if you don't take risks you won't achieve shit. So, in a sense I am serious but the advice I just gave makes me laugh due to it being utterly irresponsible. I think it's ok to take a loan to buy bitcoins if you can afford to lose them and often cases people won't actually have their fingers chopped if they can't pay back the loan. The world doesn't end. It's worth it to take the chance that appears once in a lifetime.

I think it's one thing to put your money on something being successful in the future, and putting money you loaned onto something. Sure, you may end up as the winner, but you may just as well end up on the streets, like... literally.

Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 10:13:28 PM

I think it's one thing to put your money on something being successful in the future, and putting money you loaned onto something. Sure, you may end up as the winner, but you may just as well end up on the streets, like... literally.

I personally have never taken any loan because I hate the idea of being indebted. I have always maintained my personal emergency reserves so instead of loaning money I take it from my own reserves. That's why it's a bit hypocritical of me to suggest loaning. However, let every man decide for himself. If a man is destined to be poor then even the best advice in the world won't make him rich. If a man is destined to become rich, then taking risks is the fastest way to success. That so called destiny is nothing final, since it changes as you change yourself. To make a good investment you must first become the kind of guy who does good investments naturally. I believe the particular person who I encouraged to take a loan is on his way to become that kind of guy. He's reading the right books and he is thinking the right thoughts.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3907

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:35:53 PM

I personally have never taken any loan because I hate the idea of being indebted. I have always maintained my personal emergency reserves so instead of loaning money I take it from my own reserves. That's why it's a bit hypocritical of me to suggest loaning. However, let every man decide for himself. If a man is destined to be poor then even the best advice in the world won't make him rich. If a man is destined to become rich, then taking risks is the fastest way to success. That so called destiny is nothing final, since it changes as you change yourself. To make a good investment you must first become the kind of guy who does good investments naturally. I believe the particular person who I encouraged to take a loan is on his way to become that kind of guy. He's reading the right books and he is thinking the right thoughts.

The right circumstances are important too. Remember how Soros "broke the bank of england" for $1 bil in 1992.
It was one of the most famous trades, albeit highly leveraged.
They could have just turn the tables on him as they did with Hunt brothers silver "corner", but they let it slip this one time.
Being in bitcoin is risky enough for me, i don't need to take loans to double up on this risk.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: