Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:07:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone else use the software Flux?  (Read 309 times)
Dabangg (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

BitCoinTalk@dab.33mail.com is the ONLY way to buy!

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 03:57:11 PM

Does anyone else use the software Flux?

I have found that I sleep better from using it on my laptop. I have been using it since the middle of 2014.
It basically eliminates blue light from your screen at night

https://justgetflux.com/

Pretty much have to try it to believe it

Is your computer keeping you up late? f.lux is free software that warms up your computer display at night, to match your indoor lighting.

Ever notice how people texting at night have that eerie blue glow?

Or wake up ready to write down the Next Great Idea, and get blinded by your computer screen?

During the day, computer screens look good—they're designed to look like the sun. But, at 9PM, 10PM, or 3AM, you probably shouldn't be looking at the sun.
f.lux

f.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better.

Free for Windows.

(also available for Mac, Linux , and iPhone/iPad)

f.lux makes your computer screen look like the room you're in, all the time. When the sun sets, it makes your computer look like your indoor lights. In the morning, it makes things look like sunlight again.

Tell f.lux what kind of lighting you have, and where you live. Then forget about it. f.lux will do the rest, automatically.

I am still selling, please email me here: BitCoinTalk@dab.33mail.com
🌟 UPDATE: I can currently be reached ONLY by email. I am not able to reply to forum posts or private messages anymore. Thank you. 🌟🌟🌟🌟 EMAIL ME. Topic is now locked. Email me.
nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:32:48 PM

I've used flux for a while now, over a year at least. Since I've switched to linux, flux is a little buggy. I installed redshift, I have manual control over the temp now from 2K to 22K. Blue light is a huge issue with disruption in melatonin production. If I use a screen within 2 hours of bed it disrupts my sleep. Even with the laptop dimmed fully and the temp set to 2k I still notice worse sleep.

I also have a blue led light for my desk during the day, makes a huge difference keeping me alert.
http://www.philips.ca/c-p/HF3332_60/golite-blu-energy-light

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: