Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:49:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spent over 1000USD  (Read 2928 times)
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 10:54:56 PM

Heres a reminder what happened in 2011. Bitcoin died then too.

Sweet memories Cheesy I bought my first bitcoins at the price of 4.5$ after the 2011 crash. To extrapolate, the next bubble will compare to 2013 one like Canis Majoris to Sun.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:57:22 PM

Sweet memories Cheesy I bought my first bitcoins at the price of 4.5$ after the 2011 crash. To extrapolate, the next bubble will compare to 2013 one like Canis Majoris to Sun.

if you are waiting for the next bubble and you bought at 4.5 $ you are doing it wrong!
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 11:06:50 PM

if you are waiting for the next bubble and you bought at 4.5 $ you are doing it wrong!

Doing what wrong? I'm a professional permabull and hodling is what I do for living. Tongue

bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:46:29 AM

Troll Logic:

1. Pick a forum on a topic you think is a waste of time

2. Waste time signing up for an account

3. Waste several hours of every day trying to convince everyone on the forum what a waste of time it is.

Not a waste of time at all. It's really interesting to witness the reactions of the bitcoin believers here as they soundly reject logic and admonish critics. In the case here, they're called "trolls" despite calling the direction of the market accurately since the end of 2013. This is all very common behavior in cults and groups invested into a concept either emotionally or financially (usually both).

In fact, I'm working on a book about the mind of a bitcoin fanatic and other financial schemes throughout the ages, which has received a lot of interest from my publisher. So let's consider this research!

I would like to have a chat with your publisher. Gimme the digits!

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:10:16 AM

I'm presuming you bought bitcoins with money you could afford to lose, so the plan is as normal: hold until either bitcoin is a success or the technology fails and it goes to zero. Neither has happened so you should continue to hold. I think over the next year up is more likely than down, but we might see $100 on the way. If it is stressing you out then sell enough so you can relax and it becomes a fun bet. Governments are printing money like lunatics in all the major economies, so a currency with relatively low pre-set inflation should in principle be a good bet right now.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:05:05 AM

I love this chart, shows how big a fuzz we make about nothing.

I don't know when the next bubble comes, but when it comes, we will not even remember this bear market. And we will cry when it dips to $2000 and people will complain Bitcoin is dead and it will fall all the way to $1000
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:12:24 AM

If your not in a hurry and does not need the money for now, just try to hold and wait for some reversal.. we might get to above $300. Just hope and do not sell for a larger loss.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:14:03 AM

Wow. Posting in epic thread.

The only thing lacking is a grilled cheese sandwich.

Surely we can all agree that grilled cheese sandwiches are both grilled and contain cheese?

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:37:29 AM

Surely we can all agree that grilled cheese sandwiches are both grilled and contain cheese?

Yes but it can't be processed cheese or the waiter will be wearing it.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:39:14 AM

That grilled cheese tho  Shocked
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:18:34 AM

That grilled cheese tho  Shocked
I was hoping to see a Monte Christo sandwich irl. The GC is a granular dinner at this point.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 06:11:51 AM

Nope, sorry. Incase you didn't know this already, but BTC was actually nothing more than tulip mania - that is what you are seeing unfold for more than a year. The floor will be dictated by the amounts of drugs bought using bitcoin. So guess it's not really tulip mania Smiley Expect $1-5 by the end of the year.

Let's say all mined coins are sold immediately. That's 3600 BTC x 1 USD = 3600 USD/day. Do you really think Bitcoin is such a weak asset? That price is ridiculous on a world level. I say Bitcoin won't go under 150 USD no way.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 10:47:20 AM

The motives of many bears is the traders mentality.

Eg, A decline from $1000 to $900 is a $100 drop & 10% 'short' profit. From $500 to make a 10% profit it only needs to go to $450. At $300, it's $270. The lower it gets the less of a drop needed to make the same percentage profit. When you're trading at 20X it means a shedload of cash can be made trading on bitcoins legendary volatility. All champagne and lollipops for the pro traders / guys in the know.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 11:14:50 AM

You have bitcoins? You're half way there.

Do you like to save money on things you buy?

Use http://www.purse.io

Then wonder why your friends pay full price for things using their fiat money.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 12:39:19 PM

You have bitcoins? You're half way there.

Do you like to save money on things you buy?

Use http://www.purse.io

Then wonder why your friends pay full price for things using their fiat money.

I just registered and placed my first order (88$). Seems cool place but their UI does not scale very well on smaller screen resolutions. Also, my country was not in the list in the profile settings.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 12:46:56 PM

I just registered and placed my first order (88$). Seems cool place but their UI does not scale very well on smaller screen resolutions. Also, my country was not in the list in the profile settings.

Ya, they change the UI sometimes. As long as it works.

Does Amazon ship to you? That should be all that matters.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 12:54:19 PM

Ya, they change the UI sometimes. As long as it works.

Does Amazon ship to you? That should be all that matters.

I have ordered some books from Amazon before so I guess they ship to me? Cheesy But it bothers me a lot that my country is not listed at purse.io (Estonia).

sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:55:53 PM

I have 2.69 bitcoins and the total amount I bought them for (at different rates obviously) is 867GBP = 1300USD Sad Price is still very low Sad Will we ever see an increase to make a return on investment?
Well, its obvious , the prices can go up and down. Its best to purchase, the amount such that if a variation happens, then you don't lose much.
ROI maybe, but hard to say a definite Yes on it.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7992

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:06:49 PM

No, I have to take exception with this.  What people purport to be grilling is actually frying as the sandwich (containing non-grilled cheese I should add) is actually cooked on a flat griddle and not on a grill.  Also, any attempt to grill cheese for a sandwich would result in a gooey mess and more than likely a small fire.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 01:10:52 PM

I have ordered some books from Amazon before so I guess they ship to me? Cheesy But it bothers me a lot that my country is not listed at purse.io (Estonia).

I'm not sure what the country is used for.

As long as you can get Amazon to ship to you, someone else can get Amazon to ship to you.

I had problems getting them to ship me a cell phone to an APO address but many Amazon merchants for that phone did not ship to me. But other things went through fine.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: