Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:30:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.5 BTC stolen i wanna cry :-(  (Read 8177 times)
JLynn171 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:38:52 PM

https://blockchain.info/address/1CQodKNYzPSapLW31z8LbTUKZ4e1Mbvg4h

this is the address that stole my BTC ;-( it was off a vanity i created and had on blockchain.info.... guess i will be moving wallets to non online :-( i wanna cry :-(
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:44:15 PM

You're Girl scout?

I think yes , he/she is Girlscout.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:44:29 PM

https://blockchain.info/address/1CQodKNYzPSapLW31z8LbTUKZ4e1Mbvg4h

this is the address that stole my BTC ;-( it was off a vanity i created and had on blockchain.info.... guess i will be moving wallets to non online :-( i wanna cry :-(

If you created a vanity address,it may have been the creators of the address who took your private key. I will think that you would have created it with vanitygen so it may not be such a problem. Check your computer for malware.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
JLynn171 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:44:35 PM

You're Girl scout?

yes :-( I guess electrum is safer wallet and will be trying to use it from now :-(
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:44:57 PM

You're Girl scout?

yes :-( I guess electrum is safer wallet and will be trying to use it from now :-(

Can you explain better "what is happened"?
HarryPotHead

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

You are what you eat. PIZZA!

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:46:25 PM

You're Girl scout?

You're a mean old man.

Sorry to hear that op

JLynn171 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:46:46 PM

You're Girl scout?

I signed onto blockchain.info to send some BTCs somewhere and my balance said 0.00 i looked and thhat was the last transfer to that address every fkn coin ughhhhh this sucks
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:47:50 PM

You're Girl scout?

I signed onto blockchain.info to send some BTCs somewhere and my balance said 0.00 i looked and thhat was the last transfer to that address every fkn coin ughhhhh this sucks

As CrackedLogic told , check your pc  (and for the moment generate a new address on a new clean computer).
JLynn171 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:49:19 PM

You're Girl scout?

As CrackedLogic told , check your pc  (and for the moment generate a new address on a new clean computer).

im leaving right now to go get a new laptop throw this one away fk fk fk... i knew i shouldnt have kept so much in 1 spot :-( i know not alot for some people but its taken me a long time to finally get that :-(
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:51:49 PM

You're Girl scout?

im leaving right now to go get a new laptop throw this one away fk fk fk... i knew i shouldnt have kept so much in 1 spot :-( i know not alot for some people but its taken me a long time to finally get that :-(

Never ever keep more than 1btc in your online wallet. Your online wallet should be used for when you're out of the house/away From your wallet.

JLynn171 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

You're Girl scout?

Never ever keep more than 1btc in your online wallet. Your online wallet should be used for when you're out of the house/away From your wallet.

yep lesson learned sucks it cost $600 to learn it though :-(
Chavez

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:53:58 PM

Where did you create the vanity address? Did you have 2-factor set up? You don't need to throw out your comp but I wouldn't use it to store or send bitcoins unless you know its safe as you could have some keylogger malware.
JLynn171 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:54:50 PM

Where did you create the vanity address? Did you have 2-factor set up? You don't need to throw out your comp but I wouldn't use it to store or send bitcoins unless you know its safe as you could have some keylogger malware.

Im throwing it away :-( i already have new one paid for i was about to go pick up before i seen this
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:01:50 PM

Im throwing it away :-( i already have new one paid for i was about to go pick up before i seen this

Well if you're going to get a new computer, make sure to have extensive security measures installed.

Stcgold

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:33:12 PM

You're Girl scout?

hardware wallet more safer mate Smiley
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:40:22 PM

You're Girl scout?

hardware wallet more safer mate Smiley

Like a ledger wallet or a trezor. Paper wallets are cheap too.

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:45:54 PM

That sucks.

blockchaininfo is pretty dammed secure. Did you have 2FA enabled? Do you use the virtual keyboard for withdrawal password?

Don't do business on pc you surf, download torrents, etc.

Use virtualbox with a linux OS just for business is even better.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:46:53 PM

call BTC and make a complaint LOL.

Well, you learnt a lesson. Do not store in BTC  more than you cannot afford to lose. keep the money in your bank account/card...not in BTC shit
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:48:24 PM

That sucks.

blockchaininfo is pretty dammed secure. Did you have 2FA enabled? Do you use the virtual keyboard for withdrawal password?

blockchaininfo was hacked for many times. also, all the online wallets are unsecured. do not keep your money in BTC.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:50:18 PM

That sucks.

blockchaininfo was hacked for many times. also, all the online wallets are unsecured. do not keep your money in BTC.

You have to create your security, it is not easy. What do you think  Undecided ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: