Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:35:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do central banks attack bitcoin?  (Read 2225 times)
MarihuanaStocks (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 11:41:27 PM

Do they? If you have access to infinite money, you just have to buy expensive and sell cheap. So you'll kill your hardest rival...
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
15Lemon714

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:46:44 PM

Not sure they care to be honest pal, they control to much in % wise, how much of the population even uses Bitcoin 1 - 3%

But yes if they did care they already control a massive stake but it's pennies to them hey 3 billion
MarihuanaStocks (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 11:57:56 PM

Like you say: It's pennies for them. Whoever controlls money, controls the people. So what lays more beneath than all the people control all the money...instead of some centralized scammers do control all the people? Like Henry Ford said: If the people only knew....
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:02:39 AM

Like you say: It's pennies for them. Whoever controlls money, controls the people. So what lays more beneath than all the people control all the money...instead of some centralized scammers do control all the people? Like Henry Ford said: If the people only knew....

Perhaps you can clean up your wording it is very confusing and you are not making your point clear. I think I get what you are saying but if you cleaned it up i think it would bring you point home.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:35:30 AM

Banks do illicit activities all the time in cordination with third party sharks and walles, they probably tried to do something with btc already.
slacknation

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 06:26:26 AM

there is very little money to be made in bitcoin relatively
SargeR33

Activity: 112

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 06:46:24 AM

Think about how much bitcoin is currently worth, then think about how much world any potential attacker is worth.

Then think about how many people use fiat, then how many use bitcoin. It would be a waste of time and resources. Doing this won't kill bitcoin either, it will dip and sag but will recover and stabilise.

Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:28:26 AM

Think about how much bitcoin is currently worth, then think about how much world any potential attacker is worth.

Then think about how many people use fiat, then how many use bitcoin. It would be a waste of time and resources. Doing this won't kill bitcoin either, it will dip and sag but will recover and stabilise.

That's right!
And bitcoin just limited not much than fiat in this planet.
zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:33:09 AM

Central banks have too much too worry about, like latest economic figures, fiat money supply interest rates, exchange rates. They do not care about bitcoin. They may warn people about bitcoin, not attack it.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:39:00 AM

Central banks do care about economics driven by fiat. If Bitcoin will became significant part of country economics then they will start to do some steps. They do not care too much now.
thompete

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 08:21:26 AM

Do they? If you have access to infinite money, you just have to buy expensive and sell cheap. So you'll kill your hardest rival...
If I was the central bank, then I would have purchased a large amount in the early phase seeing it as a potential threat .
And would have dumped it now, to keep the price to very low value. But I don't think they will be able to eliminate it completely.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 08:48:59 AM

they are helping BTC with their printing press. even better  Wink

runningfree

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 09:06:04 AM

I think that we all know the answer to this question. YES.  The central banks need to maintain their monopoly and can't do that if Bitcoin starts to affect that monopoly.
MarihuanaStocks (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 10:22:12 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2015, 10:41:21 AM by MarihuanaStocks

Since 22nd of January the ECB has started their QE-Program, in which they are printing 1.14 Billion Euros. They try to stimulate the economy. Useless! Like you where a market seller, who doesn't sell his 100 apples and trys to stimulate his buisness through producing 10000 more apples. In the end we'll see, that nobody needs the stuff they produced with fake money and thats the point where the crisis will begin.

By end of the year, euro will reach parity with US-Dollar. Guess why Swizerland has ended the Franks-Euro binding. Nobody trusts in euros by now and they can't risk that the mainstream has an opportunity to get out of euros and maybe uses something like btc. With greek communists Syrica-Party at their back, who is willing to cut their debts, there is huge potential for the Euro to collapse. If Greece cuts their debts so will Portugal an then nobody will pay back his debts anymore...

So they have every reason to make btc look unattractive. Allthough, if the market starts to run into bitcoin, which i think is pretty much possible, there is nothing they could do to prevent this.
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:47:57 PM

If I was the central bank, then I would have purchased a large amount in the early phase seeing it as a potential threat .
And would have dumped it now, to keep the price to very low value. But I don't think they will be able to eliminate it completely.

Yeah..It would be really hard to eliminate BTC..but anyways I dont think most govts have taken BTC as a threat as of now..no clue about the future..

MJK

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:54:16 PM

I don't think the banks are that concerned about bitcoin, or won't be for the considerable future. I think btc certainly has the potential to worry them but I think it will always be a niche thing or will operate in tandem with fiat.
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:11:50 PM

Why they should do this? it's nothing good for them.
MarihuanaStocks (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 11:43:03 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 03:43:57 PM by MarihuanaStocks

Because Bitcoin has everything Fiat-Money has not. It is fast, cheap, anonymous, deflationary (maybe not at the moment).
It is something they can't control anymore, when it got big. So it's maybe better to destroy it while it's young and weak.

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 12:12:29 PM

there is very little money to be made in bitcoin relatively

To them it might too small of an amount to call profit. Since fiat are being printed indefinitely they can always buy all the bitcoins. Maybe what is more important is seeing bitcoin fails more than anything else

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:34:48 PM

Because Bitcoin has everything Fiat-Money has not. It is fast, cheap, anonymous, deflationary (maybe not at the moment).
It is something they can't control anymore, when it got big. So it's maybe better to destroy it while it's young and weak.

But if they did 'destroy' bitcoin something else would just pop up in its place. If the people want bitcoin or a decentralized currency there is nothing they can do to stop[ it other than spread fear and fud propaganda to try put people off from using it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: