Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:47:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ulbricht To Be Sentenced On May 15th  (Read 4613 times)
dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 07:09:18 PM

That's my birthday haha.

poor guy is facing life in prison ..

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinlady

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Imagine Me and You

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:27:29 PM

Just some few questions, what will happen to Ulbricht's Bitcoin account? Where will his millions and millions worth of BTC go?

After he was found guily on every count http://bitforum.info/t/ross-ulbricht-found-guilty-on-all-charges/223?u=angelo

Will his things be confiscated after the sentencing?

What do you think?

I don't think he will get life. Maybe 20 years, but not life for sure.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:37:21 PM

Just some few questions, what will happen to Ulbricht's Bitcoin account? Where will his millions and millions worth of BTC go?

After he was found guily on every count http://bitforum.info/t/ross-ulbricht-found-guilty-on-all-charges/223?u=angelo

What do you think?

Who knows- it depends on how much of an example the government wants to make of him. I've got the feeling, probably quite a huge example.

I mean, I don't like the guy. He seems like an idiot who had a mean streak, it's better he didn't end up some sort of real kingpin. That said, putting a young guy away for life is hash too.

more or less retired.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:03:59 PM

Well yeah. A smart person wouldn't of started a dodgy drug trading site in the first place. Your gonna get caught sooner or later, guaranteed.
His lack of security is not even that. He even started out using an email address that contained his real name when he was trying to hire people to help him get the site started.

He honestly should have closed the site down when he was getting blackmailed by the person who claimed to be in Canada. Either that or shut it down when the guy in MD was arrested. By then he had made a lot of money and as of then he probably would not have gotten caught

The power/money/infamy had obviously corrupted him and he was willing to go to whatever lengths to protect his interests and that included paying lots of money to murder threats to his empire so he wasn't ever going to shut the site down.

It seems that money/power/greed/stupidity are powerful forces, perhaps vastly more powerful than any us not in that situation could imagine.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I think many would have done the same in his situation but most won't get themselves into this sort of position. He should have stuck to his initial libertarian ideology. You can't just go killing off your enemies and he should have protected himself so much that no problems would have ever arisen. He was sloppy and resorted to desperate measures to keep control of his position and it was ultimately part of his downfall.

Allegedly!

Well actually no, legally we can say he did it. He was convicted.

Yes you are right.
cubanos

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 06:52:47 AM

What do you think?

May?
Isnt that too long?
He should be sentenced now.
picolo

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:53:45 AM

What do you think?

May?
Isnt that too long?
He should be sentenced now.

3 months after he was convicted.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:26:01 AM

predictions on how long he will get?

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Bralex

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:35:42 AM

What do you think?

Not life but 20 years, damn man this is a life time the world would have left him behind and prison would have cracked him up  Shocked

His BTC etc was all confiscated from the start if i remember rightly and some have already been auctioned and the next 50k btc to be sold next month, 180,000 btc

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
readysalted89

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:20:49 AM

What do you think?

Not life but 20 years, damn man this is a life time the world would have left him behind and prison would have cracked him up  Shocked

His BTC etc was all confiscated from the start if i remember rightly and some have already been auctioned and the next 50k btc to be sold next month, 180,000 btc

How bad a time he has might depend on what type of prison he is put in. The USA has supermax maximum security prisons or sections of prisons for the most dangerous prisoners. I doubt they would put him in one but that sounds as bad as it gets. They will probably put him somewhere with less security measures.

Guido
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:26:04 AM

It's a grim outlook. I think he has yet to be tried on the hitman allegations, i'm assuming that's life on it's own?

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Stifler

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:25:49 AM

It's a grim outlook. I think he has yet to be tried on the hitman allegations, i'm assuming that's life on it's own?

That is a separate trial, though attempting to hire someone to kill people doesn't usually get life though it's just as serious in my opinion. There was a case a year or so ago about the lead singer of As I Lay Dying attempting to hire someone to kill his wife and he only got six years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Lambesis

Not to be confused with the user sifter Tongue.
picolo

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:38:14 AM

Of course it is, except in case of a deal.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:13:04 AM

Predicting a lengthy sentence, the US will likely want to make an example of him to deter future DPR's.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:22:31 AM

Picolo everywhere i have gone this morning i see your meaningless one two or three word posts! If i keep seeing it buddy i will report you to both you're signature campaign and mods!! I see 4 or 5 just on this one thread!

What do you think?

Not life but 20 years, damn man this is a life time the world would have left him behind and prison would have cracked him up  Shocked

How bad a time he has might depend on what type of prison he is put in. The USA has supermax maximum security prisons or sections of prisons for the most dangerous prisoners. I doubt they would put him in one but that sounds as bad as it gets. They will probably put him somewhere with less security measures.

No buddy you might be wrong he was convicted of charges what will get him put into a terrible jail  Undecided

If he is convicted of the 5 conspiracy to murder/paid then he is so screwed and all his worst nightmares will have come true, but if he did pay for someones life it is no less than he deserves i am afraid. 

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
angeloanggam (OP)

Activity: 252

Ace of ♠♠♠♠

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 11:37:47 AM

Picolo everywhere i have gone this morning i see your meaningless one two or three word posts! If i keep seeing it buddy i will report you to both you're signature campaign and mods!! I see 4 or 5 just on this one thread!

What do you think?

Not life but 20 years, damn man this is a life time the world would have left him behind and prison would have cracked him up  Shocked

No buddy you might be wrong he was convicted of charges what will get him put into a terrible jail  Undecided

If he is convicted of the 5 conspiracy to murder/paid then he is so screwed and all his worst nightmares will have come true, but if he did pay for someones life it is no less than he deserves i am afraid. 

Soon, he will say bye bye to his coins
http://bitforum.info/t/third-auction-for-ulbrichts-coins-scheduled/305/1

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖Win Bitcoin By Playing Bitcoin Dice, Bitcoin Lotto, Bitcoin RPSLS❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
f2000

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:45:05 PM

What do you guys think about his chances of appeal/entrapment? But yeah, they will want to set the bar for all future dpr's...it'll be a harsh sentence.
readysalted89

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:34:19 PM

What do you guys think about his chances of appeal/entrapment? But yeah, they will want to set the bar for all future dpr's...it'll be a harsh sentence.

They arrested him with his laptop logged onto the silk road as DPR. He admitted starting the site, claimed he sold it to Mark Karples, then took it over again shortly before getting arrested. He would still be screwed if a miracle happened and the appeal jury agreed with is story. Admitting starting the silk road alone would get him serious time. If he gets off the murder charges and puts the finger on Mark Karples he will do less time, but a big sentence nevertheless.
Unkle

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:36:43 PM

Predicting a lengthy sentence, the US will likely want to make an example of him to deter future DPR's.

And this is why we need to move towards decentralized exchanges. They are going to go hard on him, but if marketplaces are decentralized there's no one to go after other than the dealers and they take that risk anyway but even if they get busted the market will still continue running.

He'll appeal as he's got nothing to lose but I think he's pretty much screwed.
Guido
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:46:04 PM

That is a separate trial, though attempting to hire someone to kill people doesn't usually get life though it's just as serious in my opinion. There was a case a year or so ago about the lead singer of As I Lay Dying attempting to hire someone to kill his wife and he only got six years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Lambesis

agreed
ah yes, I remember that case. he got away very lightly

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Itsumo

Activity: 112

Play Rock Paper Scissor Lizard Spock

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:48:56 PM

What do you think?

His BTC will be auctioned.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: