Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:35:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] $500 Vanilla Visa gift card  (Read 2760 times)
cointell (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 03:40:46 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 12:45:00 AM by cointell

For sale: Vanilla Visa gift card with $500 balance.  Will accept BTC (or if you're trusted, paypal).

I can mail the card to you if you want, or just give you the number so you can shop online.

Full disclosure:  I bought this visa gift card and tried to use it with paypal.  Apparently Paypal has blacklisted certain visa gift cards, and I didn't know this.  The payment initially went through, but the next day paypal froze the funds and eventually reversed the transaction.  Since I can't use this gift card for what I originally intended, I'm selling it.  You can use this visa gift card at most places in the USA that accept Visa, but not with Paypal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:00:12 AM

I doubt I have enough trust but Ill pay 400$ via paypal if your interested, (or $400 including fees with MG) 
fonenumba

Activity: 411

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:09:50 AM

I doubt I have enough trust but Ill pay 400$ via paypal if your interested, (or $400 including fees with MG) 
I am really not sure why the OP would want to accept paypal for this. Especially amounts under the face value of the card. There are very few places that will accept paypal but not a (prepaid) credit card.

Since we are on bitcointalk maybe you should make an offer in terms of bitcoin?
cointell (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:16:59 AM

I'm willing to take a slight loss on this, but 20% is a bit much...
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:19:29 AM

I'm willing to take a slight loss on this, but 20% is a bit much...

What is your lowest?
cointell (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:29:41 AM

Well, I would like to get $500 into my paypal account from a legit, trusted source.  Alternatively, 2.25 BTC at current exchange rate.

I might consider slightly lower offers, but it really doesn't make sense for me to take very low offers since I can just go out and spend the visa gift card for the full $500 value.
3xpl01t

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 03:29:59 PM

Well, I would like to get $500 into my paypal account from a legit, trusted source.  Alternatively, 2.25 BTC at current exchange rate.

I might consider slightly lower offers, but it really doesn't make sense for me to take very low offers since I can just go out and spend the visa gift card for the full $500 value.

2.15 btc offer here
cointell (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:23:39 PM

2.15 btc offer here

Sent you a PM, but got no reply.  Card is still for sale.

To answer questions people have asked me -

You can not use this card to get money at an ATM.

The gift card was bought for cash, and I do have the original receipt, which I can send you.

If you want 20% off, you can go make an offer at Brawker but you take the risk of a chargeback.  If you buy this, you get an actual plastic card that you can use in person or online, and no chargeback risk.
3xpl01t

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:34:56 PM

2.15 btc offer here

Sent you a PM, but got no reply.  Card is still for sale.

To answer questions people have asked me -

You can not use this card to get money at an ATM.

The gift card was bought for cash, and I do have the original receipt, which I can send you.

If you want 20% off, you can go make an offer at Brawker but you take the risk of a chargeback.  If you buy this, you get an actual plastic card that you can use in person or online, and no chargeback risk.

2.15 btc offer here

I noticed your account was just registered yesterday, but if you're actually serious about this, send 2.15 btc to 1APdLRTXiJ6L3BWwqDtLE1GHwzukTpNYJW

If you want the plastic card mailed to you, give me your postal address, otherwise I'll just give you the card number.
cointell (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:41:10 PM

Yep, that's the message I sent you.  You didn't reply and you didn't send any payment.
daggerman

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:07:50 PM

cointell,  you can use it as debit.    are you aware of this?

my best offer is 80%  , you wont get any legitimate buyers willing to pay much more than that
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:25:50 PM

Just curious, why can't you use this card at the ATM? Or use it as debit in store and get cash back?
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 11:29:20 PM

Just curious, why can't you use this card at the ATM? Or use it as debit in store and get cash back?

These Vanilla gift cards have PIN that you can set, just like a bank debit card, but you can't pull cash from an ATM or get cashback at grocery. I believe there are other limitations as well. I was about to complete the deal with OP, but hesitated when I read Vanilla's fine prints.

BitcoinDistributor

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:55:50 PM

Cointell,

I am interested however I would want the card mailed to me and a period of 7 days of waiting to be allowed. Escrow (someone trusted here on the forums) will hold 2.15 BTC and after the waiting period will release $435 worth of BTC at the time according to Bitstamp's last price at the time of the waiting period being over. If the price drops substantially and makes it so that 2.15 BTC is worth $435 only at some point during the waiting period then the funds will be immediately released to you instead of a further wait risking the value of the coins being held.

Please note, my offer is $435 converted at the end time of the waiting period, NOT 2.15 BTC (unless the exchange rate drops so much that 2.15 BTC = $435).

Let me know if interested, I run a business so I would simply pay for inventory using the card, however to prevent you from trying to chargeback the payment and all that crap I would need the card in hand plus a week for the funds to clear once the card is used.

I know this might some like a hassle of a trade and might be a low offer but it seems to be the highest and best one you've gotten so far. If you choose to decline this offer I wish you the best with using/selling it.

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
daggerman

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:38:03 AM

You can absolutely get cash back at the register with this card
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 01:02:38 AM

You can absolutely get cash back at the register with this card

"17. Can I get cash with my Vanilla Card?

The Card cannot be used at ATMs and you may not use your card to get cash back at point of sale."

https://www.vanillavisa.com/learnMore.html

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:06:27 AM

Cointell,

I am interested however I would want the card mailed to me and a period of 7 days of waiting to be allowed. Escrow (someone trusted here on the forums) will hold 2.15 BTC and after the waiting period will release $435 worth of BTC at the time according to Bitstamp's last price at the time of the waiting period being over. If the price drops substantially and makes it so that 2.15 BTC is worth $435 only at some point during the waiting period then the funds will be immediately released to you instead of a further wait risking the value of the coins being held.

Please note, my offer is $435 converted at the end time of the waiting period, NOT 2.15 BTC (unless the exchange rate drops so much that 2.15 BTC = $435).

Let me know if interested, I run a business so I would simply pay for inventory using the card, however to prevent you from trying to chargeback the payment and all that crap I would need the card in hand plus a week for the funds to clear once the card is used.

I know this might some like a hassle of a trade and might be a low offer but it seems to be the highest and best one you've gotten so far. If you choose to decline this offer I wish you the best with using/selling it.

What the heck! This is so third-world. Very typical of the U.S. banking system. If you have the card, you use the card to purchase whatever you intend to purchase. Goods in hand are representative of a final settlement. You don't let this gentleman wait a week and go through the inconvenience of delayed receipt of his bitcoins. It's rude, inconsiderate, illiterate and pathetically paranoid. The very definitions of the U.S. financial system. It's no wonder we here in Asia have adapted chipped cards, aligned to 21st century standards, and we see Americans running around here with cards vulnerable to illegal duplication and skimming. Totally third world.

BitcoinDistributor

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:58:56 AM

Cointell,

What the heck! This is so third-world. Very typical of the U.S. banking system. If you have the card, you use the card to purchase whatever you intend to purchase. Goods in hand are representative of a final settlement. You don't let this gentleman wait a week and go through the inconvenience of delayed receipt of his bitcoins. It's rude, inconsiderate, illiterate and pathetically paranoid. The very definitions of the U.S. financial system. It's no wonder we here in Asia have adapted chipped cards, aligned to 21st century standards, and we see Americans running around here with cards vulnerable to illegal duplication and skimming. Totally third world.

I made an offer, by far the best offer looking like in terms of cash. The 7 day wait period is my extra level of protection for myself. He seems to be in no rush it has been a week already since his post. This was my offer, you seem so butthurt over an offer when all it takes to refuse said offer is a simple "No thank you" from the OP.

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
BTCreward

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:45:25 AM

Cointell,

I made an offer, by far the best offer looking like in terms of cash. The 7 day wait period is my extra level of protection for myself. He seems to be in no rush it has been a week already since his post. This was my offer, you seem so butthurt over an offer when all it takes to refuse said offer is a simple "No thank you" from the OP.
The only thing I think the OP would have a problem with your offer is the fact that you want the price locked in at the time the waiting period expires. This means that if the price of bitcoin skyrockets he would be forced to buy at higher prices then he might otherwise want to. If the price of bitcoin were to go too high then the OP could always simply withdraw his offer and spend the card himself.

I also find it curious that so many people are seemingly making statements on behalf of the OP

infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 07:09:23 AM

Where do you live? I just used a Vanilla through PayPal earlier tonight to buy some music online in the USA.

Did you register the card? You have to register it with your zip code.

www.vanillavisa.com

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███