Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 03:28:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS Blockchain.info wallet (with email + password)  (Read 1471 times)
ltcgearscammed (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:36:45 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2020, 01:03:09 PM by ltcgearscammed

Blank
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:39:02 PM

Don't you remember any bit of your second password?

Without more information it'd be almost as hard to crack it as it is to guess
the private key of an arbitrary address (i.e. impossible).
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:49:47 PM

Do you have any proof that the wallet actually contains 0.5BTC? what is the Bitcoin address?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2347

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:52:46 PM

When did you set the second password? If it was somewhat recently then you may be able to recover your funds without the second password.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 06:53:52 PM

This is the address 14VPWiH1ma3vhpGVmndPQZdGne3NgUjr7k

The problem is the following. I wanted to dump this wallet forever. So I was like : ok mate, set a 32 digit password with your password generator so that no one is able to get in and change the email address and dump that too. For some odd reason, I kept both. However as I was exploring the wallet I saw the double encryption button. I was like fucking hell that's a cool feature, I will use it. And then I either chose to set a 32 digit password for that one as well or I chose a simple password with less than 16 digits, which was either full of words, contained digits and characters and there is a chance it had a ! too. This was done months ago and there I had no back up or anything like that.

Don't you receive regular backups in your email?
Did you disable that feature?

That address has transactions older than 1 year, so it's possible you received a backup in your email then without the double encryption.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 06:54:33 PM

When did you set the 2nd password? Was it when you first set up the wallet?
FeelTheBeat

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 10:39:48 PM

This is like throwing money out of the window.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
bitparadise

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 11:25:22 PM

I'm sure no one would buy this. This wallet is useless without backup or password.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:11:33 AM

This is the address 14VPWiH1ma3vhpGVmndPQZdGne3NgUjr7k

The problem is the following. I wanted to dump this wallet forever. So I was like : ok mate, set a 32 digit password with your password generator so that no one is able to get in and change the email address and dump that too. For some odd reason, I kept both. However as I was exploring the wallet I saw the double encryption button. I was like fucking hell that's a cool feature, I will use it. And then I either chose to set a 32 digit password for that one as well or I chose a simple password with less than 16 digits, which was either full of words, contained digits and characters and there is a chance it had a ! too. This was done months ago and there I had no back up or anything like that.
In theory it should be possible to recover the private key to this address (assuming that you are telling the truth above).

I am not sure what the going rate is for this kind of service, however I would be willing to do it for 50% of the amount recovered, however if nothing is recovered then you would get nothing.
Bralex

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:15:18 AM

Hopefully you can get it back or something but I doubt this will sell as to just guess the password is near impossible.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:14:48 AM

Sounds like a really long shot buy. Would be shocked if someone actually pays you to take this.

amacar

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:37:26 PM

I am still thinking of the scenario where someone would be able to deceive someone and sell it as a proper wallet with coins in it and then say he had no idea about the second password...

You mean that someone would scam instead of you. Nice move.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 01:19:55 PM

Well to be honest I could try it, but I am not this kind of person. I started posting after I was scammed by ltcgear, so I don't feel like being the scammer. Other people can sleep peacefully after scamming someone so fair enough to them.

To be honest it doesn't look like you're not that kind of person if you ask anyone to buy your wallet to scam somebody else.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:03:11 AM

I was able to recover the funds TXID 0a0153dd3cebc16c025f08685c954c231fe1fa343752d10f4e17a427738abdea.

@ltcgearscammed please publicly post an address that you would like me to send 0.25414754 BTC to which is 50% of the amount I was able to recover.

edit: I can provide the private key to the address in question if requested however you should consider it to be a compromised address and should not have any funds send to such address. Additionally I am able to provide you with access to your email account/address again if you so request.
Blazr

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:39:18 AM

I was able to recover the funds

How did you do it?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:46:04 AM

I was able to recover the funds

How did you do it?
Every time you make a change to your blockchain.info wallet they save a backup for you. Adding a second password is a change that caused a backup to be saved with the previous wallet without the second password.

On March 15, 2014 the OP added a 2nd password and changed his primary password. When I attempted to restore the previous backup I was asked for the 2nd password which I did not have, so I contacted blockchain support who was able to give me a copy of the backup from this time after I gave them the previous primary password. Once I had the backup, I created a new blockchain.info wallet with the same password as the previous primary password, imported the backup and sent the funds to an address that I 100% control the private keys to (and that no one else has access to).
Blazr

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:03:12 AM

Every time you make a change to your blockchain.info wallet they save a backup for you. Adding a second password is a change that caused a backup to be saved with the previous wallet without the second password.

On March 15, 2014 the OP added a 2nd password and changed his primary password. When I attempted to restore the previous backup I was asked for the 2nd password which I did not have, so I contacted blockchain support who was able to give me a copy of the backup from this time after I gave them the previous primary password. Once I had the backup, I created a new blockchain.info wallet with the same password as the previous primary password, imported the backup and sent the funds to an address that I 100% control the private keys to (and that no one else has access to).

I didn't know blockchain.info saved historical backups. That seems like a really bad idea.

What if someone had their password compromised, even if they changed it an attacker could contact blockchain.info support and social engineer them into giving them a previous backup.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 12:18:08 PM

I didn't know blockchain.info saved historical backups. That seems like a really bad idea.

What if someone had their password compromised, even if they changed it an attacker could contact blockchain.info support and social engineer them into giving them a previous backup.
Well backups only contain the private keys contained in the wallet at the time of the backup, and new pivate keys are stored locally without any kind of seed. So if addresses are not reused then this happening should not result in any stolen money
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:31:31 PM

He did it. Well it required a lot of information, so I doubt someone who didn't own the wallet could have all this information about an old wallet. I mean having the current passwords etc and the previous once. It seems a bit dangerous, but at least people can still access their funds.

This is my address 1MESGzew6Bzn9MoNBPDiLnfvnFdJQfbLJA . Cheers Quickseller
Got the address. I will send it in ~3 hours when I get home.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 10:40:06 PM

He did it. Well it required a lot of information, so I doubt someone who didn't own the wallet could have all this information about an old wallet. I mean having the current passwords etc and the previous once. It seems a bit dangerous, but at least people can still access their funds.

This is my address 1MESGzew6Bzn9MoNBPDiLnfvnFdJQfbLJA . Cheers Quickseller
Got the address. I will send it in ~3 hours when I get home.
TXID 9e6fdf6a4e20063e508a5cede47842bc55f8d82cf072f74ac2e6cc97b47cb373 I have sent you what was able to be recovered minus the 1/2 that I get as per my offer above.

I am glad I was able to help you get your money back Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: