Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:26:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin had Gods gift and fate written all over it.  (Read 2079 times)
M28MmickT

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

BTG CEO

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 10:21:35 PM

Fact, the U.S. dollar WILL collapse in the next year or two.

You have been watching to many conspiracy theories buddy, Its just like when people scream Bitcoin is dying!

Except your fact is more outrageous as it is not very likely in my humble opinion, take a second and realise how much control they have over the world economy.

The only time it will 'collapse' is if they let it collapse and there will be a world currency, after the wars of course.

All these idiots saying "the dollar will collapse a year or two from now" have been saying that for decades.
The dollar has still decades of surviving as the 1st most accepted payment currency, deal with it.

You are 100% right, the only way the dollar collapses is when they want it to to benefit them. Around 85% of $5 trillion is trading daily using the dollar lol

When you hear of a proposed new world currency then they can say the end is near etc  Smiley

cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 10:34:18 PM

I really agree with the title. It almost seems inevitable that crypto currencies are the future.

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:03:51 AM

I agree. I would only say that the USD collapse might be a little ways off. I'd say in 3 to 5 years.

The petrodollar is rapidly declining, plus Europe is looking more and more like its gong to blow up with banking contagion that will go global. We don't know the timing it could be years or months but I'm convinced it's about the most obvious way to become wealthy I can think of. Buy some Bitcoins and simply forget about them for a few years.
Hate to be a debbie downer but the USD dollar is pretty strong right now.

http://www.kitco.com/news/2014-12-16/US-Dollar-Strength-Likely-To-Continue-In-2015-As-US-Interest-Rates-Normalize_Debbie.html

So the world economy is in the clear. Hip Hip Hooray....Hip Hip Hooray....

Jim Willie a guy I follow has said when the financial system breaks down expect a sharp rise in the dollar. Its counterintuitive but it's a viewpoint. Don't forget 2008 saw a rapid rise in the dollar, I'm not sure it's a sign of confidence. Anyway the petrodollar which has more dollars outside the U.S. than in is the real place it is collapsing sending US dollars home and the inevitable inflation that comes with that.

There's a big difference if you have been following the Macro Economics of the world this year, the US is having it's largest spike in jobs since 1999 that and with the GDP rising to the best in the last ten years. The EU is having trouble with debts because derp derp greece and China is having issues due to a lower class that wants to be middle class and a weaker euro that's coming in.

Also the drop in gas during the holiday season led to a nice spending boost and gave smaller business a bit more profits in the US this year, yeah the world economy is a bit shakey but like you said "the petrodollar" is not failing, at least it is not failing for now.

You might want to look deeper than the 'facts' of a recovery in the MSM. For one the participation rate in the US has never been worse for decades. And if you think the petrodollar is A ok then Google anything about about direct currency swaps deals between particularly BRIC nations.

Don't forget this is after trillions of debt has been pumped into the system at zero interest rates.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data
fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:00:51 AM

If you made a stack of all the shirts lost betting against the dollar in the past 24 months, it would reach the moon.

If anything, the dollar's strength is accelerating . The US has passed through the crucible of the great recession and, clearly, has reemerged as the world's dominant economy. As icing on the cake - as if the trillions made in Silicon Valley weren't enough - the US will soon be the world's largest oil producer.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 04:37:37 AM

Well, I won't be too optimistic given a short timeline in a year or two. But further down the road, I believe from there anything is possible.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: