Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:43:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mine  (Read 684 times)
kipper01 (OP)

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

1KippERXwH1PdBxKNt1ksgqh89WBv6CtWQ

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 08:05:02 PM

Interesting video...
http://www.coindesk.com/video-vice-tours-bitcoin-mine-china/

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 10:58:04 PM

Thanks for that, i love vice's work, they always risk a lot of shit and have some of the wittiest guys as reporters.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 11:06:36 PM

This video was actually really well done. It was pretty cool to see the inside of a large bitcoin mining facility like this.

Those extractor fans look pretty powerful lol, wouldn't want to get too close to them.

The employees get to play PC games while monitoring the miners too. Nice!
Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:44:04 AM

VICE is one of the best shows on TV these days...Its nice to see this subject covered by a new up and coming piece of Journalism gold.
cheekychap

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:46:46 AM

" This one mines 20 to 25 bitcoins a day, although it was producing 100 coins a day at its peak. "
Thats 4000$ a day. Not that bad. But they used to earn 100 BTC at >600$ , so around 60,000$ a day. Must have become millionaires.

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:57:27 AM

At 3:33 he says that bitcoin is the future and he believes in it. Does that mean he's not dumping it on the market but holding? I doubt it.
He said something about being 50/50 in bitcoin and fiat. When other Chinese dumpers start doing their thing he's probably wetting the bed  Grin

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
cheekychap

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:02:05 AM

At 3:33 he says that bitcoin is the future and he believes in it. Does that mean he's not dumping it on the market but holding? I doubt it.
He said something about being 50/50 in bitcoin and fiat. When other Chinese dumpers start doing their thing he's probably wetting the bed  Grin

It might be just like the forums, people starting threads that they sold their houses to buy bitcoin, just to get people believe and not sell as well Tongue

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:16:24 AM

whales dont use crappy exchanges when they need actual cash. they sell them privately thus not impacting the exchange (as all smart people should be doing)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:51:24 AM

whales dont use crappy exchanges when they need actual cash. they sell them privately thus not impacting the exchange (as all smart people should be doing)
Yep, they are using those crappy exchanges only when they want to manipulate the price and cause panic. It usually works  Sad

██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 11:44:16 AM

Since they have some cost of running this they need to pay in fiat for electricity etc. Then I expect even more then 50/50.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: