Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:47:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The hardfork will make Gavincoin plummet to zero  (Read 11294 times)
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:26:04 AM

It's not completely without risk, but i did some more reading.
It seems this will be very carefully planned in phases, yet unknown when.
It's also the only real option we have for bitcoin to make it future proof.

I would like to have seen a more 'smart' solution though than just increasing the blocksize. Something that will automatically scale on demand, like the difficulty.

All in all it's not as bad as some here would have us believe.

This is the second post of yours when you are being reasonable rather than a book talking doomer troll. I can't speak for the rest of the forum but I like you better when you aren't transparently trying to manipulate the price...
8up

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:28:22 AM

It's not completely without risk, but i did some more reading.
It seems this will be very carefully planned in phases, yet unknown when.
It's also the only real option we have for bitcoin to make it future proof.

I would like to have seen a more 'smart' solution though than just increasing the blocksize. Something that will automatically scale on demand, like the difficulty.

All in all it's not as bad as some here would have us believe.

This is the second post of yours when you are being reasonable rather than a book talking doomer troll. I can't speak for the rest of the forum but I like you better when you aren't transparently trying to manipulate the price...

+1

Always wrong until not.
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:33:16 AM

sad to see the responses here.. check here for reason

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946745.0

upgrade yes.  bloat, no.  we're no where near any limits and markets SHOULD decide themselves. 

please lets not let others abuse the bitcoin blockchain.  btc blockchain is for btc transactions ONLY.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:55:09 PM

i don't see me downloading 2.8GB every day just to sync up - and i know almost nobody will do that, that's why gavincoin will be the loosing fork (that was the basic point of the thread)

HEY RETARD! YOU WILL NOT NEED TO DOWNLOAD 2.8 GB EVERY DAY JUST TO SYNC UP! IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:59:42 PM

i don't see me downloading 2.8GB every day just to sync up - and i know almost nobody will do that, that's why gavincoin will be the loosing fork (that was the basic point of the thread)

HEY RETARD! YOU WILL NOT NEED TO DOWNLOAD 2.8 GB EVERY DAY JUST TO SYNC UP! IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

He does understand. Anyone taking the time to perpetuate a thread like this knows exactly what they are posting even if it is full of deliberate mistruths. Thinking it will exert any market influence - now that is retarded!
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 03:11:58 PM

sad to see the responses here.. check here for reason

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946745.0

upgrade yes.  bloat, no.  we're no where near any limits and markets SHOULD decide themselves.  

please lets not let others abuse the bitcoin blockchain.  btc blockchain is for btc transactions ONLY.
It's for anything miners include into a block

That's how Bitcoin works, miners can include anything they want into blocks and the only mechanism bitcoiners have to incentive them is including fees.
As far I know there is no mechanism in place to ensure data in the blockchain contains any transactions at all. It could be just my personal photos I'd want to be backed up and if I pay enough fees miners will probably add them to the blockchain.

You can argue there should be such a mechanism ensuring blocks are made up of transaction data, and I'd agree. That would require yet another hardfork.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:13:41 PM

You made my day  Cheesy. However I think we need the hardfork, let see if all the bitcoiners will follow it or not.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:42:39 PM

Conclusion of this thread:

Gavincoin is so scary, will Satoshi arrive in time to help us?  Roll Eyes
Seriously, we need a sub-forum for obvious trolls.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:49:51 PM

You made my day  Cheesy. However I think we need the hardfork, let see if all the bitcoiners will follow it or not.

Of course! I am PRO raising the limits especially when there are no arguments besides the minor technical limits of a bloatchain which can be solved. I am also a hobbyist miner and I think that trying to impose higher fees with a 1MB block limit is simply retarted. Because Bitcoin may go to 10$ and we will be again in this position where the miners will barely afford to run miners.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:14:18 PM

I wonder if OP is geninuely a dumdum or MP is paying for him to be? Cheesy

Muuurrrrica!

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:15:39 PM

Bitcoin has hit a dead end
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:16:51 PM

Bitcoin has hit a dead end
Looks like it's trying to evolve and move on to me. But then I don't walk around with my eyes shut.

Muuurrrrica!

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:18:48 PM

Forking without consensus and forking even the community is no evolution but a dead end. The hubris is going to kill it.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:19:07 PM

Of course! I am PRO raising the limits especially when there are no arguments besides the minor technical limits of a bloatchain which can be solved. I am also a hobbyist miner and I think that trying to impose higher fees with a 1MB block limit is simply retarted. Because Bitcoin may go to 10$ and we will be again in this position where the miners will barely afford to run miners.

I think the same, who is supporting the bitcon network (blockchain) ? Obviously the answer is "The miners*". This hard-fork will "obligate"  all the other bitcoiners to pay an adeguate fee for a "fast" confirm of the transaction.
Muuurrrrica!

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:22:51 PM

Gavincoin? Hardfork?
What are you guys talking about...

Well, the Bitcoin blockchain you know and love so much is going into the ashbin of history and is going to be replaced by a new blockchain called Bitcoin. OP is being a whiny baby about it because he's too lazy to update.

Well, that's not true. The old bitcoin chain everyone loves right  now will continue to be mined and function normal and the original Bitcoin will live on. Gavincoin is a stupid fork of it and the supporters of that fork are going to try to tell the noobs it would be 'Bitcoin' but it won't be - everyone who isn't totally blind can see that.

Gavincoin supporters will even deny the existance of the original Bitcoin as is already seen here on the thread.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:25:21 PM

Gavincoin? Hardfork?

Well, the Bitcoin blockchain you know and love so much is going into the ashbin of history and is going to be replaced by a new blockchain called Bitcoin. OP is being a whiny baby about it because he's too lazy to update.

Well, that's not true. The old bitcoin chain everyone loves right  now will continue to be mined and function normal and the original Bitcoin will live on. Gavincoin is a stupid fork of it and the supporters of that fork are going to try to tell the noobs it would be 'Bitcoin' but it won't be - everyone who isn't totally blind can see that.

Gavincoin supporters will even deny the existance of the original Bitcoin as is already seen here on the thread.

The fork consists only to "rise" the blocksize from 1 MB to 20 MB, it is not a drama.
Muuurrrrica!

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:28:40 PM

Gavincoin? Hardfork?

The fork consists only to "rise" the blocksize from 1 MB to 20 MB, it is not a drama.

Well, for some it appears idiotic at this point in time. We don't need to discuss it actually. Everyone just supports the chain he/she likes.

The only thing that's certain is: Gavincoin won't be able to call itself 'Bitcoin'
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:33:06 PM

Gavincoin? Hardfork?

Well, for some it appears idiotic at this point  in time. We don't need to discuss it actually. Everyone just supports the chain he/she likes.

The only thing that's certain is: Gavincoin won't be able to call itself 'Bitcoin'

I think also with the fork it will be called "bitcoin" ,  why gavinCoin?  If you will not want follow the fork, good ... rest in the actual chain.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:33:42 PM

Fuck sakes, if Satoshi was so smart why the hell didn't he add 20 MB by default? he would have saved us from this mess. Geeeeez.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:34:39 PM

When will it be?

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: