Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:18:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Silent War On Bitcoin Has Begun!  (Read 2380 times)
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:18:10 PM

when it gets to the point were banks charge customers to hold there fiat this will be the nail in the coffin. I'm thinking home safe sales will increase, will see.

When it gets to the point...? What? They already do charge money to hold money for people. http://blogs.reuters.com/data-dive/2015/01/16/why-people-pay-banks-to-hold-their-money/
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:30:28 PM

Every institution is attacking bitcoin since one year ago, there was a bill still report on this, its indeed a silent war in the making.
traderman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:53:28 PM

It will only get worse, they can't allow cryptos to succeed, it is a direct challenge to their power. The best they can do is try to subvert it somehow, but that will fail as well. No one likes the big banks after what happened in 2007. Once this quagmire in Europe starts to unravel and the big boys start feeling the heat it will only be a matter of time before the large banks start go under!

Every institution is attacking bitcoin since one year ago, there was a bill still report on this, its indeed a silent war in the making.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:05:39 AM

Bitcoin is too small a problem for them right now, their fiat must survive and that is getting more and more difficult as more people are discovering their scam

traderman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:22:51 AM

It may have been too small a year ago, not so much anymore. Everyone is practically talking about Bitcoin these days, usage still needs to grow, but that is precisely what the bankers fear. Bitcoin can overtake them very quickly without them having much time to react, that is what they are worried about.

Bitcoin is too small a problem for them right now, their fiat must survive and that is getting more and more difficult as more people are discovering their scam
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:06:20 AM

The Bitcoin Wars is the like the Cold War, it looks like it isn't happening but it is indeed happening.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:48:44 AM

The false promise of a Chinese made Bitcoin mining computer (the company is owned and run by Romanians living in the UK) delivered to my doorstep in 90 days feels like economic warfare too me. However, it didn't matter what company I chose in late November 2013. Every in-hand supplier was out-of-stock and every single pre-order available was a scam, my odds of being defrauded were 100%.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:55:08 AM

People are well aware of their scam, but there is not much u can do about it since this financial system we have today is hard coded
into our systems, and it takes alot of time to get over that.

Banks are the worst enemy you can have when it comes to bringing up whole another system of payment, because in this case you are touching their profits, and
it wont go without a fight, and whats stoping them from terminating every bitcoin related account ? nothing..
For that to stop u would need to fight them on a political stage, and guess who controlls polititians... yup
traderman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:27:03 AM

The only way to fight the banks is to stop using them, that is the whole reason Bitcoin came into existence if I am not mistaken?

People are well aware of their scam, but there is not much u can do about it since this financial system we have today is hard coded

Banks are the worst enemy you can have when it comes to bringing up whole another system of payment, because in this case you are touching their profits, and
it wont go without a fight, and whats stoping them from terminating every bitcoin related account ? nothing..
For that to stop u would need to fight them on a political stage, and guess who controlls polititians... yup
jeffhuys

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:39:41 AM

The only way to fight the banks is to stop using them, that is the whole reason Bitcoin came into existence if I am not mistaken?

Probably not the whole reason. More like part of the reason.
The other reason is that you can send anyone money, anywhere on the world, right?

My turn to say "if I'm not mistaken"  Tongue

Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:43:41 AM

Banks are hunting accounts that are conducting any biz related to Bitcoin.

http://www.btcfeed.net/news/silent-war-bitcoin-begun/

P2P If you select a ref that has nothing to do with Bitcoin how would they find out?

If buying from an exchange why not go threw moneypolo etc

There is always away around the sly little bankers they been playing the games for decades at least something has rattled their cage!

Long live Bitcoin!

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
coinut

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:31:25 AM

check this out on bloomberg , hot off the press about HSBC bank labeled -

"Leaked HSBC List Shows Who Was Banking on Swiss Secrecy"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-08/leaked-hsbc-list-shows-who-was-banking-on-swiss-secrecy

for anyone interested  Cool

kind of makes me think of Ross Ulbricht (alleged Slik road mastermind) probably facing jail time.. well what to these guys get at HSBC ? slap on the wrist ? maybe a fine ?

traderman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:21:26 PM

Yep, this is the kind of shit that goes on behind the scenes. Think about all the shit that is happening that the general public doesn't know! God only know what kind of crap the politicians and billionaires are involved in.

check this out on bloomberg , hot off the press about HSBC bank labeled -

"Leaked HSBC List Shows Who Was Banking on Swiss Secrecy"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-08/leaked-hsbc-list-shows-who-was-banking-on-swiss-secrecy

for anyone interested  Cool

kind of makes me think of Ross Ulbricht (alleged Slik road mastermind) probably facing jail time.. well what to these guys get at HSBC ? slap on the wrist ? maybe a fine ?

micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:38:50 AM

I have been saying this since the price of btc crashed. Banks are the primary reason that BTC is so volatile. They have formed several cartels to drive the price of BTC down or at the very least to show that it is a highly volatile currency. Most people who are already mired in the Fiat scam and looking at alternatives like btc are scared shitless by the volatility and shy away from investing in bitcoin. So apparently propaganda was not enough to drive the price of btc down, which prompted the banking cartels to hire people and buy up huge amounts of BTC, so that they could crash the price at will. Don't tell me that banks would lose money by following this tactic, because they never had money in the first place... it was all numbers on a sheet and no substance behind those numbers. Smiley

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:16:45 AM

Haha, good point, investing in home safes might not be a bad idea.
Safes are obsolete now that money can be stored as pure information, just make a good brain wallet offline with paper backup, stick the paper in a safety deposit box or similar.

A fire safe is still great to keep your paper wallet backups in.

If anything to keep it from burning up in case your house catches fire.

And you can store other valuables in it as well, gold or silver or family trinkets or something of great personal value that could be otherwise destroyed in a fire.
thompete

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:18:48 AM

Banks have been doing this since a long time. A lot of traders on Localbitcoins have the problem of this, and having their accounts banned.

adworker

Activity: 190

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:33:01 AM

The only problem is you need to have bank account if your employed, at least where I live, so hopefully Bitcoins get used more so the laws change and you will get chance to receive Bitcoins from employer if you dont have/dont want to have a bank account

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
traderman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:10:56 AM

I think the best way is for local communities to start accepting crypto for services and goods. At first start out small and then build from there. Fiat can be cut out completely, it is just no so easy at first.

The only problem is you need to have bank account if your employed, at least where I live, so hopefully Bitcoins get used more so the laws change and you will get chance to receive Bitcoins from employer if you dont have/dont want to have a bank account
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 12:18:17 PM

Same here due to some legal reasons. For now I'll just have to take the long route by sending the money to exchangers to purchase bitcoin. Hope to see it become a reality someday.

tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 12:26:26 PM

Is this a Bad News for BTC Future?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: