Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:57:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal Vote Tracking  (Read 329 times)
grendel25 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:06:10 PM

As information security technology develops, it's important to consider applications that add to the security of civilized nations.  To this end, it is inevitable that a method of personalized voter verification be developed.  I think bitcoin tech could possibly factor in but of course it would have to be absolutely secure to where only the end user could track and verify that their own vote was counted and if the vote was ever wanted to be used for analysis or investigation it would require opt-in from the individual.

It's just one of these things I think about regularly.  We have the tech to make it work but of course it's a money and political issue.  But I predict we'll see it within the next twenty years if we bug our elected officials enough.  I may look into petitioning on my own very soon.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:54:31 AM

As information security technology develops, it's important to consider applications that add to the security of civilized nations.  To this end, it is inevitable that a method of personalized voter verification be developed.  I think bitcoin tech could possibly factor in but of course it would have to be absolutely secure to where only the end user could track and verify that their own vote was counted and if the vote was ever wanted to be used for analysis or investigation it would require opt-in from the individual.

It's just one of these things I think about regularly.  We have the tech to make it work but of course it's a money and political issue.  But I predict we'll see it within the next twenty years if we bug our elected officials enough.  I may look into petitioning on my own very soon.

Voter verification or vote tracking?
People would definitely want their choice of candidate to remain anonymous.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 07:40:09 AM

You can now vote securely, anonymously and transparently using the system setup on BitPools.

But it is not set up for today's government elections. Wasting time on that would be like Satoshi creating Bitcoin to make it easier for banks to transfer fiat amongst themselves.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: