Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:42:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Altcoins - Up or Down?  (Read 1213 times)
DavinciJ15 (OP)

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 12:18:01 AM

Where do you think bitcoin prices are going? 

Naturally we can mostly only guess at it but the trend is your friend. So far the bitcoin downtrend has not changed yet.   Thus we can see lower prices as low as $120 but I don't think it will stay there for very long before the up trend starts.  After that I see bitcoins going to $400 - $600 for the majority of the next 1 or 2 years.  With that said I believe that altcoins will see huge gains when the bitcoin trend turns around.  I am just wondering what other people are thinking please comment on this topic about your thoughts.

Davinci
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usairx

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:32:41 AM

the alternate cryptocurrencies have no investment value. However, I speculate that at the later stage of the bitcoin bull, the alternate cryptocurrencies may have some sharp uptrend for speculate.
rosh

Activity: 218

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:36:19 AM

People are still waiting for the bitcoin-killer alt to emerge.
mr.coinstrader

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:38:55 AM

I'm looking for something I can get for cheap now, and make 10 x my investment off in the not too distant future.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:57:05 AM

I think you need to do more YouTube videos given you were the guy who turned me on to Bitcoin with one of your videos in April 2011.  Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

QuantumCurrency

Activity: 45
Merit: 10

Exchange at the speed of Quantum Entanglement

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:56:15 AM

If there is another cryptocraze then ALTs will rise to some degree, people will be looking for the next big thing. Unfortunately, I think the mad money days are over. I do have faith in bitcoin, but I don't think I'll be able to ever again mine some random shit coin for a day or two and sell it for $500 the next when it hits an exchange. God I miss those days.

Anyway, the mainia is gone, so you're going to need to start treating crypto like a more traditional investment - longer term thinking, don't expect overnight 1000% gains, and look at the value and potential of each investment before making it.

Edit: Smoothie! Glad to see you're still here.

I'm looking for something I can get for cheap now, and make 10 x my investment off in the not too distant future.

LMAO!!!! If only.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:57:04 AM

Alt coins is normally subjected to pump and dump, it cannot be compared to Bitcoin.
sandykho47bt

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 07:09:17 AM

All altcoin are based on bitcoin, so if bitcoin price keep down so does altcoin.
Only Crypto 2.0 can fight bitcoin fairly
Rico Suave

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 11:23:29 AM

I think it's only a matter of time before the price starts to creep back up. Alt coins may follow along with it but I dpn't see much gains for alts personally but do with bitcoin. Bitcoin has big money and merchants getting behind it and alts dont.
resya

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:19:43 PM

Actually I dont care much where bitcoin prices are going, if it drops I can buy more with my LTC and if it goes up I use it to get more LTC..

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Giggs

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:00:04 PM

The only way is up. Give it some time and I'm sure we'll see some massve gains sometime this year.

People will be waiting a long time. If it was going to come I think it will have happened by now.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:26:02 PM

Alt coins is normally subjected to pump and dump, it cannot be compared to Bitcoin.

well the last bitcoin manipulation price beg to differ lol

also, recently altcoin don't even get many p&d, they just die after the first one
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:52:01 PM

when exponential growths happens usually alts get more valuation than BTC itself.

But they are also the first one to fall when things stabilize. And most of them don't even have time to take off
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:55:12 PM

Naturally we can mostly only guess at it but the trend is your friend. So far the bitcoin downtrend has not changed yet.   Thus we can see lower prices as low as $120 but I don't think it will stay there for very long before the up trend starts.  After that I see bitcoins going to $400 - $600 for the majority of the next 1 or 2 years.  With that said I believe that altcoins will see huge gains when the bitcoin trend turns around.  I am just wondering what other people are thinking please comment on this topic about your thoughts.

Davinci

People saying it will go down to sub 200$ and stay there have failed. I would not be surprised to see sub 200$ again soon but we should rise agressively sometime in 2015.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 11:48:40 PM

Davinci

120 seems like a low bottom but have in mind news can disturb what seems logical and either make prizes go to the moon and go way lower than expected. Lets wait and see.. personally i also believe in a long period of 400 - 600 before we enter a rally again. Few alts will go to the moon but some will, those that have a purpose, namely MAID. But I think most of them are overvalued now and one can enter the market at cheaper prices in the future.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:23:06 AM

when exponential growths happens usually alts get more valuation than BTC itself.

But they are also the first one to fall when things stabilize. And most of them don't even have time to take off

It is like that with altcoins because when bitcoin declines, most traders dont want to wait to make profit, so they go trade altcoins.
If u sell when bitcoin is low, you must buyback at a loss, but investing in altcoins later brings you altcoin profit + conversion profit when bitcoin price regains value.
Needless to say, its also doubled risk, but its not that hard to profit if you know what ure doing.

@op
for the time being, bitcoin is stuck to 200$ test, and if it stays that way for more than 2 months, altcoin market is going to get wild.

cheers
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:08:44 AM

I think bitcoin is high inflation until halving.
You need to calculate 3600 coins every day are mined.

I think alts will do better this year. Look digibyte just made me 500% and Unobtanium is rising for 8 months and it just does not stop!

I see a good year for altcoins because we just found out Bitcoin is limited in growth due to limitations in storage for the blockchain (20MB fork crazyness). I think soon will be more demand for serious kind of alternative blockchains. (not toycoins or scamcoins - talking good and solid coins)

Bitcoin may have a comeback in 2016

I think Litecoin could be a good play right before it halves down later this year at block 840000

maybe myriadcoin is coming up

good luck

LMAO!!!! If only.

lol, happens to me frequently
bounst

Activity: 228

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:15:00 AM

can't reach $300 again, the bitcoin price will wander at $200, in recent years
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:16:18 AM

This is wrong information - things change and evolve. There is no law that dictates this.
caga

Activity: 238

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:47:59 AM

That would not be good for the cryptocurrencies. Already took a long time to spread awareness and promote adoption.
If a new currency does comeout, I wonder how much time will it take for that to be adopted.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: